Disappointed in Disney Guest Services

Just because YOU like SW better then HP, does not mean the everyone does. I was around for the first SW movies, they were good. The new ones are crap. I will take HP over SW any day. We will see how busy it gets. I still don't think that it will be as busy as opening day for HP.

You might want to read this:
http://fortune.com/2015/12/24/star-wars-value-worth/
It gives an actual dollar value to the franchises. Not just opinions and anecdotal evidence.

So all of you super fans are going on opening day?
Yes
Though I'm far from a super fan
Very very far

Also, I like Potter a lot too. Don't get me wrong. But I have eyes. I've been to both Potter weekends and SWW.

Last edited:
I can relate, we switched dates when we saw the announcement. Luckily the room discount we booked under was available. There’s no way I was going the weekend it opened. We were booked that whole week. We go that time of year for low crowds. Good luck. I’d still go if you can’t switch it. We switched right away, but had already decided that we’d still go if we couldn’t switch. Trust me- other parks don’t compare. We just did a few days at universal and offsite, and we couldn’t wait to get to AOA and Disney. Lesson learned.

I wasn’t intending to be there for SWGE opening week. However, Disney’s definition of “fall” has completely pooched our quiet trip. We arrive September 1st. We’re not canceling, since we have flights booked that can’t be changed, but we’re wavering about whether we’ll go anywhere near HS that week.

DH and I are both huge SW fans, as are about 90% of our friends, and we’re savvy enough with the extent of SW fandom to realize that opening week will be mayhem. What makes the SWGE opening so much more likely to be way more packed than the HP opening is the age and discretionary income of much of the fan base. There’s a whole generation of 40-50+ yr olds that were kids/teens when the first SW movie came out, and they’ve been waiting decades to have an experience like this. We/they aren’t going to blink or think twice about paying through the nose for the sure-to-be-announced upcharge events, either.

It’s a difficult dilemma. We desperately want to see SWGE, but we are realistic about the fact that the opening is going to be way more crowded than most people realize. And we can’t even use the DL crowds as a measuring stick, since they have a reservation system for the first few months and WDW doesn’t. I would love to join in the optimism of the PPs who feel it will be less crowded than the HP opening, but sadly, I think it’s going to be bigger than most people think.

So all of you super fans are going on opening day?
I am not even a fan and I am going Opening day and all weekend. My family of 6 is lready booked.
My boyfriend is a big fan as well as my son and stepson. We are all very excited

Short lines everywhere else. HA! That is hilarious ...
Allow me to show you the lines for Harry Potter World on opening day ... if you think the people who can't get in aren't going to go to every other park, you are sorely mistaken.
View attachment 387919
I think it is hilarious some people believe all the other parks are going to be empty because of GE. Like all those visitors are going to spend every single minute of their vacation visiting GE. :rotfl2:

I don't care about either SW or HP and even I realize SW is a MUCH bigger market (with a lot more money) and a MUCH bigger fan base than HP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter