Disboard virus?

mtrib

Mouseketeer
Help! When I get on Disboards recently I am recently redirected to one of those lovely sites that claims my computer is infected and I need to "click here NOW" to remove the virus. I have to exit out of Safari and start over.
Only happens when I'm on Disboards. Even on my phone. Norton is running and all seems well except when I come here for my Disney planning fix. Anyone else experience this?

It's a pop up ad. Warns you about being infected then, typically, installs malware when you click on the link to remove the virus.

Yes
Help! When I get on Disboards recently I am recently redirected to one of those lovely sites that claims my computer is infected and I need to "click here NOW" to remove the virus. I have to exit out of Safari and start over.
Only happens when I'm on Disboards. Even on my phone. Norton is running and all seems well except when I come here for my Disney planning fix. Anyone else experience this?
Yes, Disboards is packed with pop-ups. I only get them when on my phone, though.

I get that message too. It’s weird though as some days I frequently get the message then I can go months without it.

I get it constantly on my phone, but not my iPad or computer. I get it to the point where I can't use DIS and my phone.

Thanks for moving me to the correct board! I am still having lots of trouble with this. Norton running. Safari updated. Pop up blocker on. Anyone have any other thoughts? I can survive about 5 minutes before it happens most of the time. I'm missing my Disboards time!

Thanks for moving me to the correct board! I am still having lots of trouble with this. Norton running. Safari updated. Pop up blocker on. Anyone have any other thoughts? I can survive about 5 minutes before it happens most of the time. I'm missing my Disboards time!
I've seen this issue posted for a long time. I've got AdBlocker Plus installed and I've never had this issue.

Yes I only get them on my android phone. This popped up and when I went to navigate away it sent me the Play store to download a virus app.

Never been an issue since I rarely use my phone for the Dis Boards but have been using it more an more since I don't have access to my computer at night anymore.

bug.jpg

Last edited:
If you are using Safari, try installing the free version of AdGuard (one for Safari and one for iPhone). I don't have the pop ups or the forced scroll to the bottom ads anymore since AdGuard.

If you are using Safari, try installing the free version of AdGuard (one for Safari and one for iPhone). I don't have the pop ups or the forced scroll to the bottom ads anymore since AdGuard.
I guess my question is why should anyone have to install extra software to block whats bordering on malware?

This traffic is coming from the disboards servers or the service that the disboards contracts with to display the adds. Since I get nothing like this running chrome on a PC I'm assuming its exploiting something on Macs and phones.

It popped up again on my phone. I get the pop up on the left and doing anything redirects me to the Play store.

Screenshot_20191111-212933_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191111-212942_Google Play Store.jpg

This just started happening to me today. The "ads" are popping up in a new tab in my browser. It's weird because it doesn't behave like a pop-up. It's behaving as if I've already clicked a link in an ad (which I haven't) and it's opening in a new tab. I have pop-ups blocked so this is NOT a pop-up. It's very sketchy looking.

Usually, with the standard ads, they serve me stuff that's relevant/makes sense and they are Google ads. This is something else entirely.

This just happened to me again. When I went to click on Alerts, it took me instead to this extremely suspicious page that starts with this domain that is extremely fishy and not at all an ad. At first glance it looks like a legit apple website, but it's not: http://www.apple.com-mac-optimizer.live/

I suspect that depending on what OS you are running, you may get directed to different kinds of malware sites like this. This is not correct behavior and shouldn't be happening. It's only happening to me when I click links on the Disboards.

Pleased to report that this hasn't happened to me since Wednesday. Maybe it's fixed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!