Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Love to stitch, I have to ask - what is the name of that underskirt fabric in your profile picture? That shimmery sheer fabric? My brain says shantung, but I don't think that's right.

Love to stitch, I have to ask - what is the name of that underskirt fabric in your profile picture? That shimmery sheer fabric? My brain says shantung, but I don't think that's right.

I'm not sure what the name of the fabric is, it was a pretty sheer fabric that I found at JoAnn's. It might have been from the Casa collection since I prefer those "fancy" fabrics to the others that they have.

12961703_10153608091595017_4248464866106616723_n.jpg
This is my latest autograph quilt, I've been working on it for a year and half. I finally finished all of the blocks with some help from my Aunt Marcia. I keep thinking I really need to get this done by Christmas, my 4 year old is almost grown out of her toddler bed, and will need it. I love that we added pics to this one, it almost makes me want to make another one for my eldest daughter. :rolleyes2

I just wanted to share my latest quilt with the coolest group on the Dis! I love everyone's creations, and dedication to their crafts!

I love the quilt! I made autograph quilts for my 2 oldest grandkids and started collecting autographs to make a quilt for myself but now I have a new grandbaby so I will need to make a quilt for her. Her first Disney trip will be in December so I will try to get more autographs then.

Marshall from Paw Patrol, Minnie tutu dress and Tangled sun dress.

Also, a map I drew is featured in a fantasy novel, Dragon's Bane by Melody Jackson. Yay! I don't get royalties or anything (charged a flat fee, and have rights to use it in a portfolio), but I'm still stoked.

Marshall from Paw Patrol, Minnie tutu dress and Tangled sun dress.

Also, a map I drew is featured in a fantasy novel, Dragon's Bane by Melody Jackson. Yay! I don't get royalties or anything (charged a flat fee, and have rights to use it in a portfolio), but I'm still stoked.

You do great work!

HI! I'm a sewing mom and glad to see that there is a group like this on the Dis. My husband bought me a Silhouette Cameo the Christmas before last and it hasn't made it out of the box. I was most looking forward to cutting appliques out with it, but now that we have a WDW trip coming up, I am in need to use it for Disney shirts. I have picked out the ones I want to make and now I don't know where to start. I have a list of designs I need, but I don't know where to get them. Any suggestions would be great!!! These are what I need:

1 Mickey Head
2 Elf Hat
3 Christmas Hat
4 Snow Flakes
5 Minnie Bow
6 Mens Hat
7 Vader Mickey ears head
8 Princess L. Hair
9 Princess L. Swirls
10 Lion King Silhouettes (Multiple characters)
11 Mickey Head bottom w buttons
12 Minnie Head bottom w dots
13 Small heart
14 Disney Script Front
15 StateFace Font
16 Castle

If you have any idea where I can find these, it would be awesome! Thanks a bunch!!!

Have some new stuff to show ya'll!
The "not Disney" stuff first!

Have a friend who has asked me to make stuff for her nursery (and is expecting twin boys!):
Burp Cloths:

girafe%20burp%20cloth%202%20426x640.jpg

Receiving blankets x 2:

elephant%20and%20giraffe%20receiving%20blanket%20640x402.jpg

My first attempt at appliqueing...
Here was my design that I laid out using an app:

complete%20Giraffe%20boy%20414x640.jpg

I only have the front done so far, still have to put on the boarder, stipple, and then bind it... but the not-so-finished product:
There are 2 of them and you can kinda see through the top to the other one underneath. The Giraffes both point in to the center.
Girafe%20quilt%20front%20427x640.jpg

I am also doing matching dust ruffles. One will be backed with the Chevron and then will have a matching chevron dust ruffle and the other will be backed with the gray and white dot fabric with a matching dust ruffle. Definately pretty happy how these turned out especially since I have never done the appliqueing before and it was all done with a simple machine using a zig zag stitch.

Now on to Disney! After my success with the above, my Sister-In-Law had hinted how my nephew needed a quilt for his 2 year birthday. I asked her of what and she said "He doesn't care, he just wants one!" LOL cause you know... I am sure he articulated that to her at 2 years old! Well, that left me free to do as I please so to the design board (or app!) I go. This is what I designed:
Eli%20finished%20quilt%20323x640.jpg

Again, only the front. Still need to do the backing. Can't decide if I want to go with just a plain black back as the binding is going to be the yellow from the yellow squares. However, I did find a mickey flannel at Joanns that I rather like...but just don't know yet. Any way, here is what I have sewn:
goodmickeyquiltfront%20478x800%20382x640.jpg

I have the hand in the top left done and the E on the Eli is done, but I still have to finish his name and then the hands in the middle and the entire Mickey head at the bottom right corner.

12961703_10153608091595017_4248464866106616723_n.jpg
This is my latest autograph quilt, I've been working on it for a year and half. I finally finished all of the blocks with some help from my Aunt Marcia. I keep thinking I really need to get this done by Christmas, my 4 year old is almost grown out of her toddler bed, and will need it. I love that we added pics to this one, it almost makes me want to make another one for my eldest daughter. :rolleyes2

I just wanted to share my latest quilt with the coolest group on the Dis! I love everyone's creations, and dedication to their crafts!

I LOVE this! Amazing job!

I am new here, and going to Disney next September. I know I want to make some Disney inspired clothing for the kids. I have found a lot inspiration for girls, but not much for boys. Does anyone know where I can find some ideas for t shirts that are made to look like different male Disney characters?

Hello DisBoutiquers!!!
Has this group disbanded? Please say it isn't so! We are finally on our way to Disney and I am blowing the dust of my machine specifically for our trip! Would love to chat with other Boutiquers and become one of the fray!
^__^
(In the meantime I have 30 threads to go through!)

Ok haven't turned my sewing machine on in years. Eldest daughter decides she wants to make herself a fleece Pluto jacket. Ok? I used the Green Pepper pattern #F700 jacket with hood. Ok everyone this is rough (or should I say roof) but for a first attempt not too bad. Not everything lined up, got some ribbon effect cuz we pulled the fleece thru, but a second try might be worth discussing. Any suggestions on how to prevent the ribbon effect at the bottom of the coat? I definitely need to resize! Comments!
image.jpeg

Cute! Did you serge the bottom? If you stretch while doing the serge, it will ribbon. Maybe going ahead and creating a hem at the bottom may help.

Ok haven't turned my sewing machine on in years. Eldest daughter decides she wants to make herself a fleece Pluto jacket. Ok? I used the Green Pepper pattern #F700 jacket with hood. Ok everyone this is rough (or should I say roof) but for a first attempt not too bad. Not everything lined up, got some ribbon effect cuz we pulled the fleece thru, but a second try might be worth discussing. Any suggestions on how to prevent the ribbon effect at the bottom of the coat? I definitely need to resize! Comments!
View attachment 204858

Cute! Did you serge the bottom? If you stretch while doing the serge, it will ribbon. Maybe going ahead and creating a hem at the bottom may help.

I used this pattern to make my son a gabumon (yu gi oh) hoodie. I added a band to the bottom (like on hoodies you'd buy in the store). I made the band slightly smaller than the with of the bottom of the hoodie and stretched a little to fit.

I resurrected this post because we are getting prepared for our trip coming up and I have lots to sew!! I hope others come on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!