Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Forgot to post photos of the rashguard and the swim shorts. Had enough time and material to make a matching set for my niece. They worked great for Aquatica. Kept me from a sunburn.

No photos of all the play mats I made for the daycare kids for Christmas either. This Christmas I am making it much easier on myself.

I see some of you have been busy and managed to get photos of your creations. It is a lot slower on this thread than it use to be.

Forgot to post photos of the rashguard and the swim shorts. Had enough time and material to make a matching set for my niece. They worked great for Aquatica. Kept me from a sunburn.

No photos of all the play mats I made for the daycare kids for Christmas either. This Christmas I am making it much easier on myself.

I see some of you have been busy and managed to get photos of your creations. It is a lot slower on this thread than it use to be.

That's great you were able to get 2 swim sets out of your project. I'm a full time nurse and mom to 3, just recently decided to start sewing again as I have a large stash but my older DD is 8 and my time for using cutsie fabrics for her is closing. She's long and thin so making her dresses for dressy occasions is best for now, my DD4 will still wear cutsie stuff but she is super opinionated so I'm trying to do mostly stash sewing to clean out...once I do I will be a purchase for specific projects only except muslin/ lining type purchases. I was on here a lot when my 8 yr old was little hoping to find more pics. I will try to post as I have finished projects. I worked on a dress today but still need to put on the bottom hem ruffle and the buttons, but I've already cut out my next project and I'm washing more fabric for project num 3.

I just found this thread! It doesn't seem super active but maybe we can revive it. I am fairly new to the sewing world. I taught myself how to sew about 1.5 years ago. I started with an old Kenmore 3/4 machine that only did 4 basic stitches. I upgraded to a Brother SE-400 (sewing & embroidery machine) two Christmases ago. This past Christmas I got a Brother 1034d serger. I mostly sew with knits, making clothes for my kids and the occasional custom item that I sell. I buy a lot of custom printed knit fabrics from co-ops, so I have some really great character prints for the kids.

My son is 5 (almost 6) and my daughter is 3. We have a surprise trip to WDW planned for the week after Easter this year. I will be making my daughter a slew of princess dresses and my son will get lots of new Star Wars and Spider-Man stuff. Hopefully imcan figure out how to post pictures on here.

These were done around October.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1347.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 52
These were hoodies done in the fall and my daughter's Halloween costume.

Attachments

• IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 66

So whats everyone working on?

I'll try to post later but I'm doing spring dress sewing. I have 3 new patterns that I want to use. Lately I've been pulling out my Childrens Corner patterns, I also like PDFs, but hard to buy those when I own so many paper patterns.

So whats everyone working on?

I'll try to post later but I'm doing spring dress sewing. I have 3 new patterns that I want to use. Lately I've been pulling out my Childrens Corner patterns, I also like PDFs, but hard to buy those when I own so many paper patterns.

I'm working on a couple of men's button down shirts and some tote bags for a friend that is going to a convention. I also have my daughter's Aurora dress almost finished. I need to make my son some new pjs since he keeps getting taller and outgrowing everything. Lol!

Just checking in on this thread. There have been so many changes in the boutique world and with our dear friends that we all met here. :(

Hi everyone, it's been a long while since I have been on here (mostly because we don't have any trips planned). I am still sewing - mostly for my son and some for myself.

Unfortunately the reason I am posting today is a very sad one. I want to let you know that one of our dear sisters, Andrea (VBAndrea) passed away yesterday from multiple strokes (likely complications due to brain cancer). She was diagnosed with a non-treatable form of brain cancer just over a year ago. She and her family have faced the diagnosis and treatment with strength, grace, and dignity. When she passed, her husband and her sister were by her side.

Andrea made a lot of positive differences in our group - she always volunteered for Big Gives, offered hugs and support whenever needed, and provided advice when asked. She made the most beautiful patchwork twirls and appliques "by hand." She will not be forgotten by those who loved her (even though a lot of us have never met her in person). All we know is that she is now in heaven, free from pain and suffering, and waiting for us to join her one day.

I would like to ask you to pray for Andrea's husband, her 2 children, her sister, and her mother during this difficult time. Thanks!

Hi everyone, it's been a long while since I have been on here (mostly because we don't have any trips planned). I am still sewing - mostly for my son and some for myself.

Unfortunately the reason I am posting today is a very sad one. I want to let you know that one of our dear sisters, Andrea (VBAndrea) passed away yesterday from multiple strokes (likely complications due to brain cancer). She was diagnosed with a non-treatable form of brain cancer just over a year ago. She and her family have faced the diagnosis and treatment with strength, grace, and dignity. When she passed, her husband and her sister were by her side.

Andrea made a lot of positive differences in our group - she always volunteered for Big Gives, offered hugs and support whenever needed, and provided advice when asked. She made the most beautiful patchwork twirls and appliques "by hand." She will not be forgotten by those who loved her (even though a lot of us have never met her in person). All we know is that she is now in heaven, free from pain and suffering, and waiting for us to join her one day.

I would like to ask you to pray for Andrea's husband, her 2 children, her sister, and her mother during this difficult time. Thanks!

It is a complete coincidence that I checked in here today, this is just heartbreaking. Such a loss to not only her family but to those around her. I will keep her family in my prayers.

It is a complete coincidence that I checked in here today, this is just heartbreaking. Such a loss to not only her family but to those around her. I will keep her family in my prayers.

Thanks Mary. She will be missed by all those who know her.

Thank you to PurpleEars for posting about Andrea. Back a few years ago when this thread was more active she was one of the most prolific posters, most generous sewers, and willing teachers. She and I enjoyed a good back and forth banter. I will always remember a pirate skirt she made for a Big Give -- one of her "famous" twirl skirts. I wasn't able to find a photo of it, but the photos below are from a post of hers about five (five! how could it be five!) years ago and show a sampling of her work.
BGJustinTink2.jpg

I did this for one of our project runway contests and still have it -- saving it for a BG since it's too small for my dd. There is no embroidery on this dress b/c that was a part of the contest rules. My M&M squares are hand painted:
DSCF5155.jpg

I made two of these for a set of girls for the BG -- I still need to make one for my dd b/c I bough the fabric with her in mind -- maybe next summer!
DSCF5085.jpg

Another BG skirt (this one was made prior to my having an embroidery machine so any square that is appliqued was done by hand):
001-1.jpg

Just another reminder that life is often too short and unpredictable. Do all the good you can while you can. I believe Andrea did just that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!