Discovery Cove Jan 1st?

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Thinking of heading to Orlando after NYE and was wondering if Discovery Cove is doable? Even if it hits 70....I'm sure swimming with the dolphins is chilly....what about the rest of it.....is it enjoyable in the cooler weather?TIA

The water there is very cool if I remember correctly. That being said, I can't imagine a day that wouldn't be enjoyable at Discovery Cover.

Thinking of heading to Orlando after NYE and was wondering if Discovery Cove is doable? Even if it hits 70....I'm sure swimming with the dolphins is chilly....what about the rest of it.....is it enjoyable in the cooler weather?TIA

Did it about 5 times in September and said something to staff about I can't imagine in winter as the snorkel coves are cold water. They said it's actually much more comfortable then because you aren't going from hot hot air to cold water. I thought, yeah right ...

Took whole family for Christmas and it was our best trip yet. I was able to constantly go in and out of the snorkel areas because it didn't take me forever to ease in. The "resort" pool area and "lazy" river water was so soothing as it was so warm. The wet suits were not hot like warmer months so we weren't pulling them on and off.

I would never hesitate to go in the winter months .... especially since the prices are usually better. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Did it about 5 times in September and said something to staff about I can't imagine in winter as the snorkel coves are cold water. They said it's actually much more comfortable then because you aren't going from hot hot air to cold water. I thought, yeah right ...

Took whole family for Christmas and it was our best trip yet. I was able to constantly go in and out of the snorkel areas because it didn't take me forever to ease in. The "resort" pool area and "lazy" river water was so soothing as it was so warm. The wet suits were not hot like warmer months so we weren't pulling them on and off.

I would never hesitate to go in the winter months .... especially since the prices are usually better. :thumbsup2
Did you have to take the wetsuit off all the time you went to eat or the bathroom? And says to wear bathing suit...but I have baggy board shorts....wondering if they all bind up?? Saw one hack where you just shed the wetsuit and get a new one everytime...because it's near impossible to put back on wet????

You do not have to keep them on. One thing kids did was unzip, remove arms and let it hang. Unless it has changed you can get a vest instead of wetsuit. I always used vest, only time I took wetsuit was December trip. It was easy to get on and off.

We’ve never had issues so didn’t exchange, on a busy day that may not be as easy to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!