Discovery Cove

fairy god aunt

Mouseketeer
I am taking my 8 year old niece to Discovery Cove in June to swim with the Dolphins. From prior posts it appears this will be o.k. even though she is not a great swimmer, but what about snorkeling? Will she be able to do this? Also, she has twin 3 and a half year old sisters, is there anything from them to do or should they head to Sea World for the day instead?

I think it would be limited for the twins. Unless they were at a "no charge" age it's a lot of money for a limited experience. I'm sure they would enjoy watching the dolphins, the aviary, paddling with the stingrays, sploshing around in the pool and digging in the sand. I'm not sure if the age limit is under three is free or three and under. Obviously it makes a big difference.

With the snorkling, as it's seawater, and she'll have a wetsuit there isn't any reason why physically she should have any problems. If there is an adult alongside of her for confidence plus a little practice in with the stingrays ( which is waist deep) and then the freshwater swimming area she should take to the coral reef area with comfort.

Agree, the 8 year old will have fun. She will have a wet suit on, and basically float on top of the water. The wet suit keeps everyone on the surface.
The 3 year olds are a little young. If you can split them up and send them off to SWF with someone else, then do it. They'll have fun in the ball crawl behind Shamu stadium.

Our 8 year old loved the dolphin swim (did alot better than I did!) but you are in water over your head part of the time and treading --she was a little freaked out at first, but did absolutely fine--she wasn't too keen on the snorkeling, but did stand in the water alot putting her face down in the water and looking--then she played in the sand alot--the water is cold in the snorkeling and dolphin part--warm in another part--she also spent alot of time in the bird sanctuary--that was cool--I'm glad we did it --it is very clean, organized, and fun--would I spend that kind of money again? Probably not--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter