Discovery Cove?

I also agree with fellow posters to get there early to get that early dolphin swim time. We have been twice and the first time, we were a little late and got a 3:30 swim time and had to sweat it out as the clouds were rolling in; luckily no lightening! Second time we were one of the first in line, and had a 10:30 swim time which was perfect...We also rented a cabana the second time. Well worth the money. We also could not believe when the day was over! We planned the day in between Disney days, so the relaxation could not have been better. Next time, my husband and i probably won't do the dolphin swim, but we would not miss a day here.

Another reason for the early dolphin swim is that you get to really relax the rest of the day and not have to keep track of time.
I think the doors open at 7 or 715, we were probably 15th in line and got a 8:45 dolphin time. Plenty of time to eat breakfast , get our wet suits on, and go to the pre-swim presentation.
When you are not watching the clock, 5pm sneaks up on you.

It's an amazing day - I'd be there no later than 6:45 to make the most of it.

Can you use an inner tube in the lazy river? I don't really swim and I would like to be lazy!

That river is not so lazy or shallow, read the answer to this question:

Do I need to be a good swimmer to participate in the various experiences at Discovery Cove?

Even for non-swimmers, Discovery Cove has plenty to offer. Not only can you relax on the white sand beaches or one of our many hammocks, but we have an Aviary full of exotic birds to hand feed. More importantly, however, we do provide life jackets so you can enjoy the waterways as well. The devices are designed to keep you afloat, so you would still be able to snorkel with the fish in the The Grand Reef or take a journey down our Wind-Away river. The lifejackets can even be worn in the dolphin lagoons! [back to top]

Location Length Shallowest Point Deepest Point

Wind-away River 1,600 feet 3 feet 8 feet
Serenity Bay N/A 0-1 feet 4 feet
The Grand Reef® N/A 0-1 feet 12 feet
Dolphin Lagoon N/A 0-1 feet 12 feet
Freshwater Oasis® N/A 0-1 feet 7 feet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts