Dismantling ECVs

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
My mom and I are going back to WDW in June. We will again rent an ECV for her for the 12 days we are there. Since we are driving this time I'm wondering how difficult it is to take the ECV apart and put it in the back of my SUV and drive ourselves to the parks. Since we are staying at the Poly we will use the monorail for Epcot and MK. It would just be nice to avoid the buses to MGM and AK if we can. Is it easy to do and are they heavy? We get the standard size ECV so that is what I'd have to take apart. I am a fairly strong person. Thanks!

If you go to item 5 of this post you will see an explanation of how to break down and reassemble an ECV, It will probably not make sense until you actually do it.

I would suggest the you tell the company you are renting from that you do intend to break it down and would like one designed to easily come apart; there are some ECVs that are very difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter