Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

I remember waving my arm around like an idiot in front of those 50th anniversary statues. Most of the time, nothing happened. Now that those are gone, what is left that makes the MB+ do something when you get close enough?
Your band needs to have buzzed indicating an connection to the statue, then you need to waive your hand real fast, and the statue should make a sound.

During our for the 50th Celebration trips, we were able to do the quest and get all statues (using the Play Parks app on our phones) and they all made the sounds. This trip (March 2024), the bands buzzed, we waived our hands, and no sounds from the statues, but we didn't have the Fab50 quest in the Play Parks app open on our phones because we completed it. So I don't know if the Play Parks app needs to also be open and on the Fab50 Quest, or if they turned the sounds off?

Quick question -- it's probably covered somewhere here but I couldn't find it -- is there anywhere on property that they sell the sliders for keeping a MB from falling off?
Disney used to sell Magic Band Sliders. They were meant to be more decorative, not to keep the band from coming unclasped, although some used them to keep the bands on. I have not see Disney have them in quite a while. I did not see any my last few trips in March and December.

Search Amazon for Bitbelt. They are popular and do work somewhat. Other people use rubber bands or hair ties. I've never had an issue with MB1.0/2.0 bands. The only time I've had an issue with MB+ bands is when I've had them looser on my wrist, or I accidentally catch my band on something. When tight, they never came off unintendedly. I did use Bitbelts with my MB+ bands this last trip. they did seem to help when my band was more loose on my wrist. BUT they do slide around so they may not always be in place. If you use them, you'll still want to check them and your bands from time to time.

I can see my magic bands and cards in my disney experience. Is there some way to tell by the numbers when it was made or sent? I want to take one of the newest ones. I do not have any magic band + bands, just the original style.

I can see my magic bands and cards in my disney experience. Is there some way to tell by the numbers when it was made or sent? I want to take one of the newest ones. I do not have any magic band + bands, just the original style.
The MDE mobile app will show you the date linked to MDE. This information does not appear to be available for the MB+.

If I bought my MagicBand+ from Disney when I booked the resort. Do I need to link it in My Disney Experience or not?

It's confusing me because it's showing, but it says Link in the top right on my phone. I don't understand what that does if it is already there.

If I bought my MagicBand+ from Disney when I booked the resort. Do I need to link it in My Disney Experience or not?

It's confusing me because it's showing, but it says Link in the top right on my phone. I don't understand what that does if it is already there.
MagicBands ordered through your resort reservation are automatically link to MDE.

The "Link" button is used if you purchase a MB+ from DisneyStore.com or at a store at WDW.

Is there a difference between linking to MDE and linking to a phone in order to play games or make statues talk?
Linking to MDE just gets you the basic functions of the MagicBand (any version) like park entry, room entry, etc.

For the interactive games in the Play Disney Parks app, the MB+ needs to be paired to bluetooth on your smartphone.
I believe a MB+ will still interact with the statues if not paired to bluetooth. But it needs to be paired to bluetooth to "collect" them in the Play Disney Parks app.

For a MB+ that's ordered through a room reservation (or annual pass), pairing to bluetooth is a separate step that you would need to do once you receive the MB+ in the mail. There are some MB+ settings that can be changed if paired to bluetooth.

IIRC, for a MB+ purchased retail, pairing to bluetooth is part of the process when you touch the "Link" button in MDE.

Linking to MDE just gets you the basic functions of the MagicBand (any version) like park entry, room entry, etc.

For the interactive games in the Play Disney Parks app, the MB+ needs to be paired to bluetooth on your smartphone.
I believe a MB+ will still interact with the statues if not paired to bluetooth. But it needs to be paired to bluetooth to "collect" them in the Play Disney Parks app.

For a MB+ that's ordered through a room reservation (or annual pass), pairing to bluetooth is a separate step that you would need to do once you receive the MB+ in the mail. There are some MB+ settings that can be changed if paired to bluetooth.

IIRC, for a MB+ purchased retail, pairing to bluetooth is part of the process when you touch the "Link" button in MDE.
Thanks. That may be why @nighttowll above is seeing Link in the top right of his phone, it's asking to pair for purposes of the Play Disney Parks app, not MDE.

Thanks. That may be why @nighttowll above is seeing Link in the top right of his phone, it's asking to pair for purposes of the Play Disney Parks app, not MDE.
The Link button is always present in MDE. To Pair Play Disney Parks, you have to select the actual MB+ and there will be a Pair button if the MB+ is not already paired to bluetooth.

The Link button is always present in MDE. To Pair Play Disney Parks, you have to select the actual MB+ and there will be a Pair button if the MB+ is not already paired to bluetooth.
Thanks - my first MB+ should arrive soon, so I’ll get it straight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter