Disney Acronyms-please Help

Toni300z

DISNEY ADDICT-LOVE MICKEY
I am new to the DIS BOARD and kind of new to Disney world, even though I have been twice in the last 6 months! Now I am an addict.

BUT, I have been reading through tons of threads and see a lot of Acronym use. I am lost cause I am not familiar with it!

Is there a thread that has this info, or can you guys place a ACRONYM DICTIONARY in here for us newbies.

DD, DW, AP and on and on........

Thanks so much!

I just read the whole List!
Thanks again!
Good stuff!
I am now in the "know".
I love this site!
I have found a new home.

Welcome to the DIS. Good question. I learned some things I could never figure out before! Thanks!

Mike

Great question. I have been wondering about some of those as I am relatively new to all this as well. :flower:

What does ROFL mean? I know it refers to purchasing add-on points at DVC, but I can't separate it from ROTFL in my head.

Jamesbyr said:
What does ROFL mean? I know it refers to purchasing add-on points at DVC, but I can't separate it from ROTFL in my head.

Do you mean ROFR?

When purchasing a DVC contract through a resale company, Disney reserves the Right Of First Refusal, which simply put means they have the opportunity to buy the contract back instead of allowing the sale to go through.

This is usually done when the price is too low and it is to thier advantage to buy back the points and sell them themselves as add ons. :teeth:

Thanks, yes. (Darned acronyms!) Right of first refusal: no wonder there is so much anxiety in all those add-on posts. They can get a deal, but not too good a deal or Disney will snatch it away. It all becomes clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter