**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We went last night and LOVED it! So much fun! This was our first time in TSL and oh boy we adored it! Especially at night!

Before the party, we had dinner at 50’s (yum!). We then rode ST standby, TSM with a FP and SDD without - it said 30 min at 9pm so we got in line. The time we about accurate.

During the party, we did (not in order)
RnRC 1x (it did go down after we rode it, but came up again later)
ToT 1x (waited about 20 min)
SDD 3x
AS2 4x
TSM 1x

We also had between us 3 waters, 1 Sprite, 2 strawberry bars, a Mickey ice cream sandwich, and a popcorn.

Overall, we absolutely loved it and had a great time. We also approached it completely differently than expected because we didn’t know how much we’d love TSL!
Glad to hear you had so much fun! We had to miss it Friday night, our flight out of Detroit was delayed due to bad storms and lightning. We didn't arrive at our resort until 10:30 and decided it wasn't in our best interest to go for only about an hour and a half. Disney Special Events ticketing was very understanding and refunded our tickets (pixie dust), SO bummed not to be able to attend. We didn't have FP+ for SDD, so we ended up RD it on Sunday with about a 45 minute wait once we reached the line(not as bad as we thought). EMM on Tuesday 7/23 was fantastic though.

I nearly failed to notice that last Friday was the last DHS DAH. I was at WDW and didn't even go, sad!

I guess this little corner of the DIS will be pretty dormant for awhile until Disney comes out with whatever they have in mind for special events to capitalize on SWGE down the road....

I nearly failed to notice that last Friday was the last DHS DAH. I was at WDW and didn't even go, sad!

I guess this little corner of the DIS will be pretty dormant for awhile until Disney comes out with whatever they have in mind for special events to capitalize on SWGE down the road....

I'm holding on to hope even though I am going Thanksgiving week. lol.

My husband and I did the after hours as Hollywood Studios on July 12th and it was AMAZING! Truly incredible. It was the first after hours event that we have attended but we would do it again in a heartbeat! We arrived at 8:30pm and left at exactly midnight; the following is what we achieved.

Toy Story Midway Mania - 5
Alien Swirling Saucers - 5
Slinky Dog Dash - 5
Met Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Bo Peep
Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches 5
Strawberry Fruit Bar 4
Popcorn 6 (giant boxes to take home)
Beverages (Water, Sprite, Coke) 15

We decided to stay in Toy Story Land because for us; it was just so magical at night. We live in Europe and are blessed to be able to come to Disney several times a year for 2-6 weeks at a time which means that we can usually get any fast pass we want. This trip we had sooooo many fast passes for TOT and RR that we just wanted to chill in TS Land.

We always went back and fourth on the AH events because we are AP's and the cost didn't seem worth it but now... I am SO HAPPY that we decided to spend the money. It was magical and beyond worth it!

Attachments

• 311435e9-eb67-43a0-8054-c0b5f856a7a0.16147404AD-59270126-20190712T232728-689653137-ALB_1425_me...jpg
    311435e9-eb67-43a0-8054-c0b5f856a7a0.16147404AD-59270126-20190712T232728-689653137-ALB_1425_me...jpg
    82 KB · Views: 26

I know this is a late review but thought I'd comment anyway. We did DAH at DHS on 28 June. We had really been looking forward this but did walk out a bit disappointed. Star Tours was walk on when we arrived. After this we didn't have a lot of luck. We rode nothing with a wait time of less than 20 minutes and Tower of Terror was 35 minutes each time we looked. We did ride each ride once but there was no time for any character greetings. For what it cost, and how long we spent waiting, I would not pay for this again.

Really disappointing that no DAH is planned for HS for a while. The park is going to be so slammed for a while, I think there would be plenty of people willing to shell out money to enjoy the park (minus SWGE) from 10pm to 1am.

Grrrrrr.....
Seriously! The new FP+ tiers are maddening. I would love to get some RnR and ToT time in. I am probably in the minority, but I would be completely ok with an AH at DHS that excluded SWGE 😂

Seriously! The new FP+ tiers are maddening. I would love to get some RnR and ToT time in. I am probably in the minority, but I would be completely ok with an AH at DHS that excluded SWGE 😂
Nope I would be perfectly okay with that too lol

Just sad that Star Wars has one entrance, should have had its own if there were going to put it in HS. Of course it would have costs them too much money. My daughter and I are not big Star Wars fans and loved Hollywood so much, it is her favorite park, we arrive one week after the 2nd ride opens, so I am sure it will be a real mess.

I have the same fear! I did an AH at DHS in June as a final farewell to my beloved DHS ☹
Hoping it will not be as bad as I think. Also hoping for AH and pretty sure that will not happen. My dining is based on them having some kind of AH's at HS and AK, not sure if they had it when it would even be announced. so many Christmas parties, it would be nice. We arrive 12/12

When/if they ever do re-introduce DAH at DHS... it'll probably be the same as DAK - everyone goes to Pandora and the rest of the park is pretty darn clear. If anything, it'll be amplified even more as there is more to do in SWGE than Pandora.

That's my speculation.

I think it would be silly for them to offer it before ROtR opens. That's why I think we will see it return in January.

I hope they have a DAH before Christmas when I go... even if they exclude SWGE it'll be beneficial. That way I could get all the other rides done during the DAH and sit in line for the SWGE rides during the day.

I hope they have a DAH before Christmas when I go... even if they exclude SWGE it'll be beneficial. That way I could get all the other rides done during the DAH and sit in line for the SWGE rides during the day.
Same here, but not likely...hope I am wrong. We get there 6 days after Rise of the Resistance opens, it will be crazy then I am sure, not looking forward to that crowd.

Same here, but not likely...hope I am wrong. We get there 6 days after Rise of the Resistance opens, it will be crazy then I am sure, not looking forward to that crowd.
We arrive on 12/6 and are leaving 12/13...so if they don't I'll be trying to get in early

We would totally do AH at HS if they offer it again in May. We loved it this year and I agree with other posters that I would happily do it without SWGE being included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter