**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It is most likely Texas. We are from Texas, had the same Spring Break last year and this year. Several of our major universities are out that week and local districts often align with them.

I think half of Texas was at WDW last March... the majority of the people we met were. Before we arrived, regular hours were increased. MK had 8 am opening daily and I think closed 11 pm & 12 pm nightly.

So that’s when all the Texans go!

I never met another person from Texas on our whole trip last week!

ETA: I tried to reply to a question from the previous page about the DVC discount but it isn’t letting me quote for some reason....

I am an AP holder (not DVC). I called to buy two tickets tonight but made the mistake of saying they were a gift and they wouldn’t let me use my discount if I wasn’t going to be there. She checked with two other departments to make sure.

Now I don’t know what would have happened if I said they were for me and someone else. I bought four tickets online for last January with my AP discount and just linked them in MDE for me and my family and didn’t have to show my AP or anything when I arrived so unless something changed, I don’t think they are flagged as AP tickets.

Last edited:
ETA: I tried to reply to a question from the previous page about the DVC discount but it isn’t letting me quote for some reason....

I am an AP holder (not DVC). I called to buy two tickets tonight but made the mistake of saying they were a gift and they wouldn’t let me use my discount if I wasn’t going to be there. She checked with two other departments to make sure.

Now I don’t know what would have happened if I said they were for me and someone else. I bought four tickets online for last January with my AP discount and just linked them in MDE for me and my family and didn’t have to show my AP or anything when I arrived so unless something changed, I don’t think they are flagged as AP tickets.
I think like with many things involving Disney it depends on who you talk to. I purchased tickets for DAH for MK and HS for a trip in April. I did them as separate transactions with different CMs over the phone. For the MK tickets I was told they would need to be picked up at will call to verify my AP was activated. The CM for my HS tickets sent my tickets to my home no need to verify anything and I would also be able to link these to anyone I wanted. Seems like the Disney CMs are rarely on the same page. You should call back and try again, maybe don’t mention they are a gift haha

I went to DAH MK on 12/3, and loved it! We arrived at MK right around 10, after attending a rainy Jingle Bell Jingle Bam earlier in evening.

After being detained by a shopping errand at the Emporium, we headed straight for BTMR. The first time we had to exit, but afterward they didn't make us get off the train. Once we were the only people on the train!

I was with a WDW newbie, so I was trying to give her a brief introduction to as much of the MK as possible, while still riding her new favorites repeatedly.

We got soaked by the rain (made a bad decision, and left ponchos at hotel) earlier. We also endured 2 major attractions being down for a significant amount of time. Despite being slightly disappointed, and wearing squishy, submerged shoes, we had a wonderful time! 14 rides after a late start, with food and beverage.That's the best testament I can offer.

Our rundown from 10pm til 1am:
-Emporium
-BTMR x 4
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-drinks
-Jingle Cruise
-popcorn
-Enchanted Tiki Room
-Haunted Mansion
-ice cream
-IASW
-Peter Pan's Flight
-waited in line for 7DMT, which went down :(
-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
-ventured to Space Mountain, which was down :(
-Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin x 2
-Tomorrowland People Mover

I think like with many things involving Disney it depends on who you talk to. I purchased tickets for DAH for MK and HS for a trip in April. I did them as separate transactions with different CMs over the phone. For the MK tickets I was told they would need to be picked up at will call to verify my AP was activated. The CM for my HS tickets sent my tickets to my home no need to verify anything and I would also be able to link these to anyone I wanted. Seems like the Disney CMs are rarely on the same page. You should call back and try again, maybe don’t mention they are a gift haha

I called back today and just asked to buy two tickets for After Hours and no questions were asked except: would I like them mailed or pick up at will call. I opted for mail so I guess we will see what happens! I looked around the boards and it looks like I should be able to reassign the ticket if it ended up linked to my name. Fingers crossed!

I looked back to read through but was unable to find an answer.......

I know they added additional days (Feb 21, March 21, 28, Apr 4 and 11) and right now they are CALL ONLY for tickets.

Is it presumed that these will populate to the online calendar eventually for online ticket purchase option?

I looked back to read through but was unable to find an answer.......

I know they added additional days (Feb 21, March 21, 28, Apr 4 and 11) and right now they are CALL ONLY for tickets.

Is it presumed that these will populate to the online calendar eventually for online ticket purchase option?

That’s what has happened in the past. Why they haven’t added them by now is beyond me at the moment.

Lookin’ a little chilly for tonight’s MK DAH. Hope everyone going tonight stays warm and has a great time!
I will be there! I am not looking forward to the cold! The only reason I booked this last minute idea was because we couldn’t get anything done today at MK. It was a madhouse and we gave up early and decided to just resort hop then come back tonight for rides and shopping.

Lookin’ a little chilly for tonight’s MK DAH. Hope everyone going tonight stays warm and has a great time!

Heading out there tonight with layers upon layers. Honestly, I'd cancel but they don't refund your money which sucks so must bear it. MK was ridiculously busy this afternoon so atleast I'll get to ride some rides.

I keep track of event temps in the charts on the first few posts. Looks like tonight’s event start temp will be the coldest DAH record by a couple of degrees. 47 degree projected 10pm temp per Dark Sky.

Layer up everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter