Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Caroline and Andi: It's AUGUST! It's AUGUST! August is finalllllly here!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrghhhhhh, I can't believe it. 26 days and counting.....wow, I can remember when we were in the triple digits.
Whoooohooooooo, BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha---just wanted to share my excitement :)

Glad F&W is starting early so you can enjoy it on your trip!

Homecomin gets such good reviews, I hope you have a great meal there!

Sounds like another great day for you two!
I am so excited for F&W, it is a nice bonus that its starting in August this year.
Homecomin will be nice to try, have you been yet? DS is always a good time to spend part of a day exploring and shopping.

Caroline and Andi: It's AUGUST! It's AUGUST! August is finalllllly here!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrghhhhhh, I can't believe it. 26 days and counting.....wow, I can remember when we were in the triple digits.
Whoooohooooooo, BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha---just wanted to share my excitement :)
Dana, it is so exciting it is August!! It was like October here yesterday gosh! No wonder we like going to Florida in August lol! Our countdown is going to really go fast now. I hope to have an update tomorrow.

Hi!! Oh I know! It was so chilly yesterday, brrrrr. Come on FLORIDA. 23 days and counting now, can you believe it?? I remember when my countdown was in the triple digits!
Oh YAY for an update, whoooohooooo! Bring it on---you make me so excited reading about your plans, ha ha. Hope your Friday is good :)

Hello Everyone, time is a moving quickly :hourglass and we are at 21 days to go!pixiedust:

Here is a picture of Duluth as I walk on the lake walk. I try to walk each and every day on this beautiful walk way. I am getting my miles in so I can keep up with Andi at Disney
IMG_1032.JPG

Day 9 will start early at DHS, this is an EMH morning so we will line up for the 0800 opening. I hope to hit TSMM and whatever else strikes our fancy before we have to leave and head to the Boardwalk for our Bon Voyage breakfast at 10:00am. Thanks Disney food blog and google for these pictures.
IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0942.JPG
I am excited to meet a couple new Characters. We have never met Flynn Rider or Eric so this will be fun. I have reviewed the menu several times like a good planner and not really sure what I will order yet. The menu doesn't really excite me to be honest. The Royals breakfast sounds okay, so I may try this:confused3. I have read some mixed reviews on this. I will go in with an open mind :hyper:

After the breakfast, we will head back to DHS for a couple FP+ which include TSMM from 11:30-12:30 and ToT 12:30-1:30. I really want to meet BB8 at some point in the trip, maybe today. We won't stay much after our ToT FP before we head off to hotel? MK? Epcot? I really don't know, it will be a on a whim type of afternoon and evening.
IMG_0959.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0692.JPG

I would like to eat some more at F&W so maybe early evening at Epcot. The smoked corned beef on chips are getting rave reviews so I may need to give these a try. We will see if any FP available at Epcot this pm, you never know we may get lucky.

The night activity will probably contain some fireworks for sure, either at Epcot or MK.
This will be our last night so we will try to make the best of it and fit as much in as we can.

I bought a few more new t-shirts for the Bon Voyage breakfast and Epcot
IMG_1037.JPG IMG_1036.JPG

A walk on the Poly beach before bed and this will be Day 9 in the books.
IMG_0927.JPG

Love all your plans, Caroline! Three weeks and counting here....I need it to hurry up :) Thanks for sharing all your details!!! Love the Duluth picture too, very nice.

Love all your plans, Caroline! Three weeks and counting here....I need it to hurry up :) Thanks for sharing all your details!!! Love the Duluth picture too, very nice.
So exciting we are getting closer, 16 days for us! I still haven't received my ME paperwork, have you got yours? I hope to get another post up of day 10 and some firsts I hope to accomplish this trip! Have a great day!

Ooooooh, 17 days and counting...I can't even breathe, ha ha ha. Soooo close Caroline!
Hmmm, regarding the ME paperwork: I DID receive documents from my travel agent, is she the one who does ME paperwork?? She sent me some last week (and we got our MagicBands, so cool, it makes everything official!). To be honest, I seem to have soooooooooo much paperwork, I will look again when I get home and kind of filter things out. I'll get back to you on the ME paperwork. Do you tend to take alot of papers/documents with you guys when you go? I know I need to bring some papers, but the less the better. Ooooooh, cool, I would LOVE to read your post of Day 10. You are so lucky to be going for so long! We have from Sunday to Friday really; flying home on Saturday. Hopefully we can make it back before too long though......
You have a great day too, I'm soooo excited for us!!!! Truthfully I wish it were at least next week at this time right now, I can't even wait.

Just got all caught up with your updates! I was at my cottage in PEI with no wifi so am far behind. Your plans look great and I LOVE your costumes for the party!
So cute and fun! Looking forward to meeting up with you two on the 26th! :)

Ooooooh, 17 days and counting...I can't even breathe, ha ha ha. Soooo close Caroline!
Hmmm, regarding the ME paperwork: I DID receive documents from my travel agent, is she the one who does ME paperwork?? She sent me some last week (and we got our MagicBands, so cool, it makes everything official!). To be honest, I seem to have soooooooooo much paperwork, I will look again when I get home and kind of filter things out. I'll get back to you on the ME paperwork. Do you tend to take alot of papers/documents with you guys when you go? I know I need to bring some papers, but the less the better. Ooooooh, cool, I would LOVE to read your post of Day 10. You are so lucky to be going for so long! We have from Sunday to Friday really; flying home on Saturday. Hopefully we can make it back before too long though......
You have a great day too, I'm soooo excited for us!!!! Truthfully I wish it were at least next week at this time right now, I can't even wait.
Hi Dana,

I figured out my Magical Express. Delta changed my flight number for the way back so the one ME had was not valid, so instead of calling me or checking they just didn't send it:confused3 at least it is coming now. We use the luggage service so I want those Poly tags for my suitcases! We need to stay in touch. I will send you a message on here with my number so we can possibly meet up to say hi! I am so happy to get into the Disney bubble for 10 whole days, can't wait.

Just got all caught up with your updates! I was at my cottage in PEI with no wifi so am far behind. Your plans look great and I LOVE your costumes for the party!
So cute and fun! Looking forward to meeting up with you two on the 26th! :)
Hi,
Isn't it exciting our trips are coming fast, yours is almost here! I will send you a message on here with my number so we can keep in touch for our meet up. I am so excited for the Halloween party. Let's all pray to the weather gods we have good weather while we are there, lol!

Hi Dana,

I figured out my Magical Express. Delta changed my flight number for the way back so the one ME had was not valid, so instead of calling me or checking they just didn't send it:confused3 at least it is coming now. We use the luggage service so I want those Poly tags for my suitcases! We need to stay in touch. I will send you a message on here with my number so we can possibly meet up to say hi! I am so happy to get into the Disney bubble for 10 whole days, can't wait.
Hey there and HAPPY SATURDAY!
Good that you figured out the Magical Express! Oh no about Delta changing the flight number and all that nonsense. Figures eh?? Glad it got sorted out. Yes, that would be sooo fun to meet up, I would love that!
I echo you: Get me into the Disney bubble. I wish we had as long as you two, but I will take whatever I can get.
I will put it out there right now, here are our pretty much final plans for the week (I haven't tinkered around with them lately, so this is probably it, ha):

August 27: ARRIVE!! Hit the MK for a little taste of fun that afternoon, don't want to make it toooo late in order to gear up for Monday.
August 28: Hollywood Studios for the whole day...I am travelling with two MEGA Star Wars fans, and they want to get the full taste of the Studios, to the point where they will be attending the
Dessert Party that evening.
August 29: Kona Café breakfast, followed by Animal Kingdom, then heading to Disney Springs that evening.
August 30: Benjamin does not know this yet, but he is going on a Pirate Cruise, leaving from the Yacht Club. We then are planning on a Chef Mickey's brunch, then Epcot.
August 31: 1900 Park Fare breakfast, then heading to the Studios again (doing Sci-Fi for lunch!), then heading to AK later for our FOP FastPass + and then Rivers of Light.
September 1: Crystal Palace breakfast, then MK allllll day (my favorite park!!!!!!!)
September 2: Sadly leaving that morning aboard the Tragical Express

Hopefully we can work something out, I know you are at the Poly (fun!) We are at the Riverside, I've never been there, so really looking forward to that. I am so READY for a vacation, I think we all are!!!!!!!
Hope your Saturday is a great one, say hello to Lake Superior for us :)
Dana

Hi Caroline-----me again, checking in to ask if you are concerned for the weather while we're there?? I just flipped ahead on Weather.com and it's 60% chance of rain on August 27 (arrival day for us). Do you ever get antsy about the weather before you go? Or do you just go with the flow, etc? Guess there is not much we can do about it, ha. I would love at least some sun while we're there!!! Have you been at the tail end of August before?
So just wanted to reach out to you with this one, thanks!

Hi Caroline-----me again, checking in to ask if you are concerned for the weather while we're there?? I just flipped ahead on Weather.com and it's 60% chance of rain on August 27 (arrival day for us). Do you ever get antsy about the weather before you go? Or do you just go with the flow, etc? Guess there is not much we can do about it, ha. I would love at least some sun while we're there!!! Have you been at the tail end of August before?
So just wanted to reach out to you with this one, thanks!
This will be our third trip in late August and we have had pretty good weather. It rains almost every afternoon for a few hours than clears up and is a little cooler after the rains. I wouldn't worry to much, bring rain gear for sure. I just hope there isn't any tropical storm or hurricane around because the rain is more heavy. We left last year before Hurricane Hermine and we arrived 2 days after Hurricane Matthew so timing worked good then. Mornings are the best in August, usually clear. The weather changes daily as well so just keep checking your weather app when you are there. Here is to hoping we have great and awesome weather!

I do get a little antsy but not to bad! We will have a wonderful time so think good weather thoughts lol!

Ahhhh thanks for the nice reply!
I think I am going to make myself stay off Weather.com in these next weeks, ha ha. Just be prepared to go with the flow :)
Regardless, we will be in Walt Disney World, so can't complain too much!! Yeah, I am prepared for the afternoon showers, I just really don't want an all-day washout. We will see what happens! Yep, thinking VERY good weather thoughts here!
13 days to go, whoooop!!!!!!!

Sounds like it will be a great time at DHS with a nice character breakfast in between!

How sad it will be your last night, but I am sure you both will make the best of it!

2 weeks to go now!!

I am excited to meet a couple new Characters. We have never met Flynn Rider or Eric so this will be fun. I have reviewed the menu several times like a good planner and not really sure what I will order yet. The menu doesn't really excite me to be honest.

I feel this way too about the Bon Voyage breakfast: we've never met Flynn or Eric so I'd love to do it for that reason, but nothing on the menu really stands out to me. I know my boys wouldn't be excited for the characters so the food would have to wow them and it doesn't..............I wish the Princes could be met more easily out and about in the parks!

Love your new shirts especially the ParkBound one :) You're close now! We're just home from our trip on Sat. and of course I'm ready to go back again........................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts