Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Here I am! Glad you are happy with your FP picks and congrats on 2 FOP, they're like gold these days lol! I was actually making FP's on the 21st and 22nd for clients; managed to get FOP for both of them and then when they released all the extras on Sat. I grabbed another for one of them :thumbsup2 I think they're harder to get than 7DMT and FEA were when they opened :scared:
Glad your here, I was happy with the two FoP for sure! I think this ride will have a long line for awhile so getting FP is gold for sure! Good work on your part as well getting FoP for your clients!

Hello Everyone,

I have made another change to the November itinerary. I was checking the WDW dining site and for the night of our Candlelight Processional a Garden Grill popped up so I switched to this from Coral Reef. I am happy to eat here with the characters and I wasn't sold on Coral Reef.

I also wanted to let you know, about 10 days ago I decided to check with the TA we used for our great August deal to just see what the costs for stays our week cost. Well, he was able to get me POFQ standard view for $500.00 less than Disney so I booked it and cancelled my two reservations with Disney. I had a FQ and a Riverside ressie because Riverside was $100.00 less than FQ, well no need for either when I can save 500. I was so happy.

I don't know why I didn't check with him right away, I was thinking it wouldn't be any better than Disney but boy was I wrong. This helps so much because I had to put some money into my car recently so I was worried my dining budget would be tight but now I feel so much better!

I am also glad to see Disney is extending the AP discounts on food through 12/23/17 so another plus! I think that is all for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to add some news about The February trip. I have decided to add two nights at the beginning of our trip! We will stay at the Pop Century 2/15 to 2/17 then move to Bay Lake Towers for our rented DVC studio!
3F174619-3FD8-48C1-A2F6-BC150C69F7BD.jpeg
Picture from the Dis boards Thank you!
I was able to get the PoP for about $100.00 a night so I thought this was okay! We will try to arrive early so we can do the After Hours event again at MK. This is from 9pm to 12am.

We did this last February and it was worth the price in my opinion. The AP rate is $87.00 per person. The park is open to a small amount of guests and you can enjoy rides, meets, and snacks with small crowds. So I now need to find decent airfare for the trip.
E4214232-49E2-4200-A973-1399BF44C9AE.jpeg
I also booked the UnDiscovered Tour in Epcot for Presidents Day. This day we have lunch at Rose and Crown as part of the tour.

Our November trip is coming up quickly. I am getting so excited. We will be doing The Candlelight Processional so this will be new to us and our meal at Morimoto will be new. I want those spare ribs everyone talks about yum yum!

Quick update

We leave tomorrow morning for our Thanksgiving/Birthday trip. I am so excited, it will be crowded and unfortunately it looks like rain for the first several days. I hope it is brief showers and not a total rain out.

It was hard to pack for this trip, in August I just take tank tops and shorts. I packed layers because of the cool mornings and nights. I bought a cute fuzzy sweatshirt with Minnie and Pluto on it. It is like an ugly Christmas sweater in sorts so I think I will wear to the party.

Plans have stayed the same I didn’t change any ADR’s or park days.

I did get my house cleaned and decorated for Christmas so I am pleased with this. I don’t have to worry when I get back, yay!

So travel day is less than 24hours now. I will post a link when we are back for trip and dining report.

See you real soon.

I am back from our Thanksgiving trip and have started a TR for it. The link is below.

Well, Andi and I are going to make an April trip as well as our February trip. We want to use our AP’s one last time before they expire. I am not renewing :worried: because Andi will be heading off to college this fall and we may go 1x in 2019 but not sure so it is bittersweet.

I am still trying to decide if we should go 4/3/17-4/9/18 or 4/18 to 4/23/18. I would prefer the later because it is cheaper except Andi would have to miss a few days of school on that one. She assures me it is not a big deal because she is a senior and she is way ahead of the game at this point so I am leaning towards that one.

The earlier week is the week right after Easter so more crowd fighting ugh! Andi has this whole week off so would be better as far as school goes.

I got a quote for WL for the later week and it is decent, I also got one for CSR, it is $400. Cheaper. The earlier week was more expensive for CSR by $300. But is one night longer so I have to take that into account. No WL for the earlier week at this point.

If anyone is still reading this, what would you do? I did research and the SW marathons are the weekend of the 4/18 trip, but overall crowds are lower that week even with the marathon

“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip.

Yay for an April trip! I would say go the later week if it is cheaper and lower crowds. Especially if Andi think it's no big deal to miss some days of school. But either way you will be in Disney so it can't be bad, right? :)

Yay for an April trip! I would say go the later week if it is cheaper and lower crowds. Especially if Andi think it's no big deal to miss some days of school. But either way you will be in Disney so it can't be bad, right? :)
Thanks for your input! I think we are going with the later April trip, it should work out better for crowds and warmer weather.

Hi to all!

Tomorrow is FP+ day for our February trip. Here are my plans at this time.

We will arrive on 2/15 and our plan is MK and the after hours hard ticket event from 9pm to 1200am. I don’t have any dining plans for this day. I think we will grab dinner at Peco’s Bills or CHH.

FP for February trip 2018

2/15 MK. HM, PP, 7DMT

2/16 AK. FoP, Dinosaur, Safari Tusker House 10:30 I maybe a little optimistic to get FoP so early in the trip but will try.

2/17 HS. TSMM, ToT, ST. California Grill 7:15

2/18 Epcot.TT, SE, CS Beaches and Cream 11:15

2/19 Tour Epcot. FEA, SE, LwtL Trattoria at 6:45

2/20 MK. BTMRR, Splash, 7DMT, Ohana at 3:55

2/21 AK. FoP, Dinosaur, Outpost. The Wave breakfast.

2/22 US/IOA

2/23 MK, Lunch BoG at 12:30. AK pm. FoP, EE, Dinosaur

2/24 MK. PP, HM, PoTC. Home today.

So these are my plans for the trip. I will be up bright and early tomorrow to make my FP+ selections. I will come back and update this if there are changes.

Now on to April! We have decided on the dates of 4/24 to 4/29. It will be 5 nights at the WL. The trip is to use our AP’s one last time, enjoy F&G, and relax!

We want to do HDDR for sure since staying at WL and we loved it the one time we did it.

I haven’t made any other ADR’s at this time. Trying to think of a few places we will want to do since we probably won’t be back to WDW for about a year.:scared1: I think that is all for now.

Ta Ta for now!:wave:

Oh my I forgot to do FP this morning. I have never done this before. The sad thing is I was up at 5:30am and still didn’t think about it. I have been watching Game of Thrones and started an episode at this early hour!

Well, I remembered about 2:00pm today and was able to get everything I wanted except a third FoP and I will keep trying for this, so no problems!

My advice don’t sweat if you miss the early morning start, there was still everything available in the afternoon. I am excited about the days now that I got the FP+ figured out.

Have a great week everyone!

I'm watching now...although I see I have 12 pages of catching up to do.

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends.

My son, Jack, came home from Grand Forks so it was so wonderful to see him.

It is colder than most can even imagine here. It is -17 Degree’s this early morning. The windchill makes it -40! That is dangerous cold even for us hardy northerners!

I need to dream about Disney on days like these.

I wanted to update my trip for February a little!

I have been watching airfare for the last 2 months and it really stinks! It is 500. More than our Thanksgiving trip airfare. I don’t understand why. 2/15 is the most expensive day of the whole week, even more than a Friday or Saturday. This is flying out of Duluth, Minnesota yikes!

I usually like to leave from our town in The winter because of our unpredictable weather, however, with those costs I changed my strategy some.

We will fly out of Minneapolis on 2/14/18 because it was so much cheaper and I will get Andi’s ticket free because of my Delta AE. So we get an extra night at Disney, yippee!

We will start our POP stay the night of 2/14. We will arrive late around 10:30pm so we will take it easy on 2/15 in the a.m. and hit the MK later for our after hours hard ticket event.

We did this event last February and it was so fun. The MK had very few people in it so we could enjoy all the attractions with minimal waits. We also had unlimited popcorn, ice cream and soda. It was chilly that night last year, I hope it is warmer this year!
5B1C4620-BB12-484C-B1BA-59272D4A50BD.jpeg

I have added a lunch at Homecomin in DS on 2/15. I am excited to try this place because of the good reviews I see on here. We will shop some then head back to the resort for a little rest. Our first FP is 7DMT from 5:05 to 6:05.

I am hoping to have a couple Dis-meets this trip with @MeghanEmily and @docsoliday1 so we will see if we can arrange a Disney hello with these folks.

The extra night is still way cheaper than flying out of Duluth! So, here is to decent weather on our travel day!

I have been watching airfare for the last 2 months and it really stinks! It is 500. More than our Thanksgiving trip airfare. I don’t understand why. 2/15 is the most expensive day of the whole week, even more than a Friday or Saturday. This is flying out of Duluth, Minnesota yikes!

Ouch! I feel you. We paid around $540 CAD, which is somewhere around $425ish USD, for direct out of Nova Scotia. But that was a few weeks ago, and I've been tracking the flight costs ever since just for kicks, and as of now that same nonstop flight is up above $1000.

But nice that you got an extra night out of it!!

I am hoping to have a couple Dis-meets this trip with @MeghanEmily and @docsoliday1 so we will see if we can arrange a Disney hello with these folks.

I haven't done too much thinking about February yet, but hopefully our paths will cross at some point during our trips!

Merry Christmas and warm season's greetings to you and Andi and your family!

Hi fellow Minnesotan (we live in the Cities)! :wave:

I saw your Duluth mention in the DAH thread, so followed you over here and had to laugh when I saw your schedule for 2/14-2/19 as it is almost identical to ours! Great DISer minds think alike. :laughing:

2/14 – MSP-MCO arriving at about 11am; with one night at Pop Century – then transfer to POFQ
2/15 – Disney Springs and then DAH!
2/16 – AK with Tusker House at 10:30am :rotfl:
2/17 – HS
2/18 – EP (after Brunch at California Grill)
2/19 – MK or AK (got FOP FP for this day so likely AK)

I’m sure we’ll cross paths at some point (likely at the Tusker House buffet line!) so please say hello if you see me and I’ll do the same.

2/15 MK. HM, PP, 7DMT
2/16 AK. FoP, Dinosaur, Safari Tusker House 10:30 I maybe a little optimistic to get FoP so early in the trip but will try.
2/17 HS. TSMM, ToT, ST. California Grill 7:15
2/18 Epcot.TT, SE, CS Beaches and Cream 11:15
2/19 Tour Epcot. FEA, SE, LwtL Trattoria at 6:45
2/20 MK. BTMRR, Splash, 7DMT, Ohana at 3:55

Hi fellow Minnesotan (we live in the Cities)! :wave:

I saw your Duluth mention in the DAH thread, so followed you over here and had to laugh when I saw your schedule for 2/14-2/19 as it is almost identical to ours! Great DISer minds think alike. :laughing:

2/14 – MSP-MCO arriving at about 11am; with one night at Pop Century – then transfer to POFQ
2/15 – Disney Springs and then DAH!
2/16 – AK with Tusker House at 10:30am :rotfl:
2/17 – HS
2/18 – EP (after Brunch at California Grill)
2/19 – MK or AK (got FOP FP for this day so likely AK)

I’m sure we’ll cross paths at some point (likely at the Tusker House buffet line!) so please say hello if you see me and I’ll do the same.
Hi to you as well! Nice to see another Minnesotan who loves Disney!! I hope we do get to say hi. Our TH ADR’s are at the same time, how cool. Look for a mom and daughter duo, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!