Disney Animated Film Discussion

so, i realize this is kind of a daunting idea, but i wanted to propose an ongoing discussion of disney's animated features in chronological order. of course, since there's about sixty of them, i'm sure that we would only have, at best, a very casual discussion. i wouldn't expect anyone to watch them all, nor would i expect anyone to comment on them all. i'm just interested in going through them one at a time, revisiting some that are a little hazy in my mind, finally seeing some that i've never seen, and reading what other members generally think about them. i'm thinking of looking at maybe 1-2 per week - which, yes, will indeed take forever - and writing a few [superficial] sentences about each one, just in a super casual manner.

i know that ongoing discussion threads like these haven't always fared well here, and i don't think there's ever been one of this scale, so it's extremely likely that this will crash and burn, but that's okay. i figured it was worth a shot. personally, i'm very eager to watch all the stuff from the 1940s-50s, but it's possible that i'll significantly lose interest from the 90s-onwards, haha. i'm thinking that this should be limited to features produced by walt disney studios, so no pixar, disneytoon, etc. there's a handful of ones that combine animation and live-action - either in separate segments or simultaneously - that i'd want to include, and i marked them in blue on this list of all the titles (wasn't sure about including song of the south):
58. winnie the pooh (2011)
59. wreck-it ralph (2012)
60. frozen (2013)
61. big hero 6 (2014)
62. zootopia (2016)

so yeah, super daunting list there, and the last 20ish titles don't look all that interesting to me, but would anybody else be interested in casually talking about these films, one at a time?
Is there a reason you chose not to include Moana? And I guess you're not considering sequels, only the original films.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter