Disney Archivist Dave Smith Retiring

jlmarr

Fenton's Banana Special. Just sayin'.
Article from LA Times

One thing that jumped out at me was this paragraph:

"So, despite turbulence, the team recently returned from Anaheim with three prized trophies from Disneyland: Melvin, Max and Buff, the three mounted animal heads that for decades serenaded visitors at the now-dismantled Country Bear Jamboree attraction."

I remember that at least one of the heads was mounted inside the Pooh ride as a traditional reference to the ride/show that used to occupy the same location, a la the Mighty Microscope reference in Star Tours. So were the Melvin etc heads removed from the Pooh ride, or were the "real" heads elsewhere?

I'm going to have to check tomorrow.

Did anyone go to the d23 Archive event? If I'd realized it was going to be Dave Smith's retirement party I would have gone!

Good news - Max, Buff, and Melvin are still there! Must have been the set from the 2nd theatre that went to the Archives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter