Disney Beach Club Resort vs. Port Orleans Riverside

cindycviper

Earning My Ears
My family and I have a deposit on the Port Orleans Riverside Resort for 12 nights in July. We were originally booked at the Beach Club Resort, but it was $1,500.00 cheaper to go to a moderate hotel. There are 5 of us, so that limited the places where we could stay. Has anyone ever stayed at both or visited both?? We thought the pool looked really cool at the Beach Club, but not sure if it is really worth the difference in price. Any imput or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!:D

I have been at both (in fact we will be at the BCV in 13 days!). Port Orleans is nice but can not compare to the Beach Club. SAB is just incredible! I also love being able to walk to both Epcot and MGM. Just the atmosphere walking around the Boardwalk at night is worth the extra money. The Beachclub itself is great but the location is what really pushes it over the top. That being said, we really enjoyed our stay at Port Orleans too(Dixie Landings at the time). It is a very nice resort. Good luck with your decision - you can't go wrong either way!

If the money is an issue, then you will have a great time at POR.

YC is my favorite resort, so I'm biased. I love the location of BC/YC. We spend a lot of time at Epcot, so it's very convenient for us.

I have stayed at POR and also YC. There is a big difference in my opinion. The YC/BC have interior halls and elevators like a nice hotel, POR has separate buildings with exterior walkways and stairs similar to a motel. YC/BC have many dining options, from formal sit down dining to cafe dining to quick bites. Not to mention being right next to the World Showcase and the Boardwalk for even more dining options. POR has a food court and one restaurant. YC/BC has Stormalong Bay which is an awesome pool area complete with sand and a slide. POR has a standard pool, nothing fancy. YC/BC is a full service hotel with room service, concierge, several bars/lounges, shops, etc. You won't find those upscale emmenities at POR.

However, if your budget doesn't allow YC/BC then go with POR. You will still have a great vacation. :)

I have stayed at POR 4 times, all while it was still Dixie Landings. I have stayed at the BC once, for 7 nights.

I love both of these resorts. I much prefer the decor of the AB room of POR.

I prefer the LOCATION of the BC by far because it is so close to Epcot, my favorite park.

Seeing that you will be at WDW for 12 nights, I think this is a perfect case for splitting your stay; 6 nights in each one. That's what I would do if I was able to have that much time in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter