Disney bucket list - when you have extra money for your trip?

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!!! I think currently our top two ideas are the Wild Africa Trek, or a specialty fireworks cruise.
That was very kind of your aunt.

Are you already doing MNSSHP?

We haven't decided if we'll do it or not. There's only one week in August we can go because my fiance is in grad school, so we'll first have to hold off to see if one of the August dates overlaps with our trip. I'm debating if it's worth the splurge for us. I love parades, but don't really like fireworks, and neither of us are big character people. But perhaps it's worth the splurge for the parade and lower ride times?

We haven't decided if we'll do it or not. There's only one week in August we can go because my fiance is in grad school, so we'll first have to hold off to see if one of the August dates overlaps with our trip. I'm debating if it's worth the splurge for us. I love parades, but don't really like fireworks, and neither of us are big character people. But perhaps it's worth the splurge for the parade and lower ride times?
I wouldn't do it for the shorter ride lines, but I have an annual pass and would for the most part consider rides a waste of party time (with the exception of rides that are different during the party). My main interest at MNSSHP is meeting characters, either less common ones or even usual ones but in different outfits. The parade and fireworks specific to the party are also great. Since you're not big character people, it may not be worth it for you, though.

Stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The family loves going to the Whispering Canyon Cafe and love the everything about the resort.

I'd get the DxDP and then go through and plan out your meals. Normally with the deluxe plan we eat two sit down meals a day ... with one of them being a signature meal that uses two credits, then we can snack if we are hungry any other time.

Even though it is your honeymoon, I'd maybe skip the spa and look into other more unique options with the money that saves. But this is just more of a personal preference thing for me. I live near spas and can go at other times if I really wanted to (and I have gone on week long spa vacations), the spa just doesn't seem uniquely Disney.

There are some great tours to look in to. One of the things I wish we had done earlier in our marriage are the tours that require you to be a certain age to go on. Once you have kids and start taking them to Disney you have to wait until they are old enough to do the AK Trek, and a few of the backstage tours. So if you are planning on having children soon - that's a thought.

Given it is your honeymoon you might have all the photos you need from your wedding, but you might think about having honeymoon photos and a variety of locations to pick from. We had our engagement photos at the GF and I love them. We loved the Wild Africa Trek too.

I am a picky eater, but I think the Highway in the Sky Dine Around might be fun. I would expect Disney to take note of food preferences. Of course you can't go wrong with a fireworks cruise!! Happy planning :)

would you guys be interested in a couples message? and those firework cruises are pretty fantastic! congrats to the both of you!

would you guys be interested in a couples message? and those firework cruises are pretty fantastic! congrats to the both of you!

YES!! Ugh I've been dreaming about a massage at GF...definitely on our list! Thanks everyone for the ideas and for the congrats :)

Another vote for dessert parties. Also a cabana for the day at the water park.

Ohh a cabana is a great idea! My fiance hates the sun (burns so easily, poor guy), so it would be perfect so I could sit and enjoy the sun and he could hide in the shade!

6 nights at GF paid for only frees up $800? I'd say you got a real good deal somehow.

We're planning our honeymoon too and have planned Lunch with an Imagineer and Keys to the Kingdom tour. We're also going during F & W and are considering a tasting or seminar.

6 nights at GF paid for only frees up $800? I'd say you got a real good deal somehow.

Realize that was misleading...haha. We planned on renting DVC with our initial budget. When she offered to pay, we automatically upped our food budget a few hundred dollars, and then added in the cost of a couple's massage. That left about $800 for even more upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter