Disney Buys land east of Baton Rouge ,Louisiana

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
I heard that Disney has bought 3000 acres in livingston parish, east of Baton Rouge Louisiana. There was some articles the the newspapers and was wondering if any has heard this. I hear that Disney has said that they want to buy another 2000 making it a total of 5000 acres. What I have heard is because Louisiana has given the movie industry LARGE tax breaks,, that Disney wanted to build a movie complex,, maybe something like a downtown DiSNEY and Boardwalk ,,Has anyone else heard of this,,or maybe Im b:confused3 ehind on the time.??

Just subscribing...I am sure Julie and Corey know whether or not this is a rumor or if something is going on.

The rumor has gone on about darn near every city in the U.S. I wouldnt go betting any big money that this happened or will happen

Being a former Baton Rouge dweller, here is the local papers website. They would surely (don't call me shirley) report it.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/

I apologize....I missed this original thread.

Drake is correct.....this rumor has hit Tennissee, Missouri.....you name it.

Until you see them building a castle near Baton Rouge....I wouldnt wager on this.

I am currently in negotiations with Disney for land in Ohio for building a new theme park complex... which is to say, I called and told them my back yard is for sale if they would like to build a castle.

Louisiana has been hyping various incarnations of this story the past couple years, something about a study they commissioned for park feasibility... large tracks of land with mysterious buyers.

I'll find Hoffa before Disney builds in Louisiana. And I am not really looking that hard for Hoffa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter