Disney Cruise, 4 night, July 17, 2017

ScubaD

She is my Disney
Signed up for our vacation in 2017. Looking forward to getting to know new friends.

Is this for the Dream? If so, we are on your cruise! We are doing B2B with the 7/21/17. I would be happy to organize the FE :)
It's a little early to be setting up a Fish Extender group. Typically 6-8 months out from the cruise is a good time to get things started.

I'm one of those crazy Type-A personalities (I blame it on being a nurse) so I tend to organize things waaaaay in advance:jumping1: :rotfl2:
OK, just be aware, that there are typically lots of people who, when flush with their new DCL booking, will say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. Sometimes because they've had a change of heart or circumstances and have to cancel, or they just figure out that they don't want to deal with the time involvement required. Then you wind up with a list full of holes (people who don't come back to say they're out, or you can't contact).

Usually by 6-8 months out most people have made the mental commitment to the cruise and are better candidates for participation.

OK, just be aware, that there are typically lots of people who, when flush with their new DCL booking, will say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. Sometimes because they've had a change of heart or circumstances and have to cancel, or they just figure out that they don't want to deal with the time involvement required. Then you wind up with a list full of holes (people who don't come back to say they're out, or you can't contact).

Usually by 6-8 months out most people have made the mental commitment to the cruise and are better candidates for participation.
Thanks! I will be sure to touch base with everyone 6-8 months out to confirm!

I am very excited about our first Disney Cruise!!! We will be celebrating my in-laws' 50th Wedding Anniversary. Hoping to make it really special for them. Possibly put an FE on their door and have it filled with Anniversary cards from people I meet on this board ( I don't think they will have any idea about FE's). I know it is early right now but I can't wait.:mickeyjum

I am very excited about our first Disney Cruise!!! We will be celebrating my in-laws' 50th Wedding Anniversary. Hoping to make it really special for them. Possibly put an FE on their door and have it filled with Anniversary cards from people I meet on this board ( I don't think they will have any idea about FE's). I know it is early right now but I can't wait.:mickeyjum

I think that is such a fun idea to celebrate their anniversary!!

What a great time to celebrate a great moment. looking forward to meeting them.

Our last Disney cruise included our son and daughter and our daughter's boyfriend. Also many other friends of our kids joined us on the cruise. Now we will be taking our son-in-law (he earned the promotion) and their 6 year old son, Caleb. Joining our son will be our daughter's college roommate, who became our daughter-in-law. They will be bringing our other grandson, Kai (6 years) and granddaughter Adalie (3). Looking forward to our new all-time favorite Vacation in July 2017. Seems so far away.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Last edited:
My wife's sister and her husband will be joining us. With so many attending we have created a private group facebook page to communicate thoughts on the trip. Anyone else do this too?

Are there special nights even on a four night cruise? Is there a pirate's night, dress up night, etc.?

Would LOVE more info on how a Fish Extender group works... like how many gifts typically do you need to bring, do you just pass out your gift on one day? Do you sign up for a day to pass yours out? Are you running all over the ship to pass them out or is it by floor? Etc. All info is appreciated. :)

So we have a full plate for our vacation next July. Staying two nights at Beach Club first, then the cruise, and finally 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge after the cruise. What are your plans?

Congratulations on your first Disney cruise! That's awesome that your in-laws will be celebrating their 50th anniversary! My in-laws will also be celebrating their 50th anniversary on this cruise. Love the idea of an FE on their door with anniversary cards from everyone. We will definitely stop by and contribute to your in-law's FE anniversary cards. Let's share ideas about other ways to celebrate a 50th anniversary. We were thinking of a special Remy dinner for them as well.

We are doing our first Disney cruise and very excited/overwhelmed!! I'll be with my son (10) and my parents who are also DCL first timers. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and the ship better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter