DISNEY CULINARY INTERVIEW HELP!!

adamabad16

Earning My Ears
Hey, has anyone out there done the culinary program for Disney? I have an in-person interview coming up with one of the chefs and I need some tips and suggestions for the interview? Like what questions were asked? I am applying to the Baking and Pastry division specifically but any information would help me! Thank you very much!! :)

Adam I have not done the Disney one but work in the only 3 hatted venture in Queensland. One of six in Australia. After being told I should not be in the industry. I think you have to want this. You have to want to do the same repetitive tasks (not saying this is bad) and to learn from mistakes for months if not years on end. Cooking while i love it is not the Disneyfied television shows on cooking. i would get experience in a kitchen if you have not already to see if you really want it.
Have you cooked in a commercial kitchen before? And why did you apply for the program?

I applied for a job and some said 'Masterchef' I am just going to say there is a big difference between television programs and cooking in a commercial environment. There is also a very big difference between home cooking and commercial cooking.

I work with Michelin Starred Chefs on a weekly basis. And attention to detail and passion is what drives them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter