Disney Dating...Will I ever meet my prince?

Yeah I hear you. My ex for seven years would go with me on my Disney trips just because of my love for Disney. But like three years into the relationship he came clean and told me that he really didn’t like Disney he just came with me to make me happy. But I don’t want to take someone that doesn’t really want to be there.

Wow I can’t believe your husband never heard of Disney World… That’s crazy talk! But see? It’s a good thing you took him and showed him everything that you thought he would like, or be impressed with. It made him like it that much more. And yes cruises, I love cruises. I would definitely do one week on a cruise for the vacation each year and one week on a Disney vacation as well. I’m glad you got your husband converted. Disney is so important to me. It just comes naturally to me. I’ve been thinking of online dating but I just don’t know. I’m on mousemingle.com but that’s about it. I’m kind of scared of Tinder. And yes my profile already expresses how much I love Disney. But then again I am on a Disney dating site ha ha.

I agree that it's not worth going to Disney with someone who really doesn't want to be there. That's a buzz kill. While I do think it's possible to convert someone, I also believe that you should not feel like you have to stay with someone long-term who does not share your love of Disney. I don't believe they have to share your intensity, but they should be interested.

I could not believe my husband hadn't heard of Disney, either! I'm a L.A. girl, born and raised, and lived in Florida briefly, so I could not even imagine there were places in this country where Disney hadn't reached. Yaak, Montana is one of those places though!

As for online dating, I was EXTREMELY reluctant as well. I'm very social, but had a hard time meeting men who were a good fit for me. I was encouraged to look online by a coworker, and I kind of did it as a gag. I had hilarious horror stories each week. One of my best friends, who I worked with at the time, was initially so sad when I started dating my husband because it meant the end of terrible and entertaining dating stories, haha. I was on Plenty of Fish of all places (I was warned it was a "booty" site, eek!), but it worked out. I feel like having a bigger "pool" of men to choose from helped me, and Plenty of Fish, OK Cupid, etc. are pretty large. I heard Match was great too! I never tried Tinder, but I have friends and coworkers who have, and well, I don't blame you for being scared. Anyway, I have way too much to say on this topic because my baby sister is in the same predicament! She is a Disney fanatic and is adamant about meeting a man with similar tastes, but no luck so far. Online dating hasn't gone that great for her, but she is, admittedly, one of the pickiest women ever. She has yet to go on a single date even after being online for years and having spoken to lots and lots of men.

Have you tried the dating thread on this site? I looked through it once and it was adorable. I'm not sure what the success rate is though.

I agree that it's not worth going to Disney with someone who really doesn't want to be there. That's a buzz kill. While I do think it's possible to convert someone, I also believe that you should not feel like you have to stay with someone long-term who does not share your love of Disney. I don't believe they have to share your intensity, but they should be interested.

I could not believe my husband hadn't heard of Disney, either! I'm a L.A. girl, born and raised, and lived in Florida briefly, so I could not even imagine there were places in this country where Disney hadn't reached. Yaak, Montana is one of those places though!

As for online dating, I was EXTREMELY reluctant as well. I'm very social, but had a hard time meeting men who were a good fit for me. I was encouraged to look online by a coworker, and I kind of did it as a gag. I had hilarious horror stories each week. One of my best friends, who I worked with at the time, was initially so sad when I started dating my husband because it meant the end of terrible and entertaining dating stories, haha. I was on Plenty of Fish of all places (I was warned it was a "booty" site, eek!), but it worked out. I feel like having a bigger "pool" of men to choose from helped me, and Plenty of Fish, OK Cupid, etc. are pretty large. I heard Match was great too! I never tried Tinder, but I have friends and coworkers who have, and well, I don't blame you for being scared. Anyway, I have way too much to say on this topic because my baby sister is in the same predicament! She is a Disney fanatic and is adamant about meeting a man with similar tastes, but no luck so far. Online dating hasn't gone that great for her, but she is, admittedly, one of the pickiest women ever. She has yet to go on a single date even after being online for years and having spoken to lots and lots of men.

Have you tried the dating thread on this site? I looked through it once and it was adorable. I'm not sure what the success rate is though.
Yeah it’s kind a hard to go to Disney with someone who doesn’t want to be there. As for online dating... I don’t even know anymore. Honestly I’m thinking of just moving up to Orlando and just go with the flow. Get a job in Disney and maybe meet someone there. You never know. Online dating is pretty scary. I’m definitely going to stay way from Tinder. I was told today that it is just for like a wan bam thank you ma’am kind of thing. And I was like no way. I don’t want that I want a relationship. I’m 41 years old it’s time for me to move forward in life. I’m not too picky but I definitely want to meet someone that loves Disney. As much as I do. I’ve never tried the dating thread on this site. Where is it? Which one do I choose?

One of the problems with dating on a non-dating site like this one is that we are spread out so far geographically. I have "met" several interesting people here. Some are already in relationships--have to respect that. Others are far away. Dating to get to know someone takes some semi-regular opportunity to get together. When I first met my late wife, we lived about 1.5 hours apart. We were still able to talk daily and get together usually weekly, although sometimes we missed a week. I have only met one single woman here who lives closer to me than that; we live about 30-40 minutes apart, and she thinks that is too far. Long distance dating adds difficulty to what is already difficult.

Oh yes. I totally agree. Everyone is so far from each other. The people here are pretty friendly. I like talking to Disney fans like me. And yes, dating someone far away is super hard. I never wanted to have a relationship like that.
By the way, I see that you're 6 days away from your solo vacation. I'm taking 3 days in November and planning on 8 days next year. What tips can you give me? It's my first real "solo" vacation. I'm kind of nervous, but excited at the same time. I'll be able to do most of the things I've wanted to do with the family but they were to tired to do.

This is my first real solo vacation. My wife of 21 years passed away in October of last year. We traveled as frequently as possible in our years together--usually two trips of a week to ten days and a few shorter trips. I have had three or four family trips since she passed, but this will be my first solo trip. I can't wait around for the next 30-35 years for somebody else to want to go where I want to when I am able to get away, and staying home all the time is just not me. I am doing Disney the way I want to. I enjoy traveling with others, but I have to learn to do it by myself if I am going to be happy. I would be open to finding love again, but I can't put my life on hold waiting for it. As far as tips go, do what you want when you want, enjoy yourself.

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure they were 21 beautiful years.
Do you think this solo trip will be hard for you? Yeah I like going with family but I love the freedom of being alone.
Thanks for the tip :listen:

I am actually really excited about it. I do have memories from WDW with my DW, but also memories going all the way back to early childhood. I am sure there will be moments of sadness, but that is part of life too.

I was single when took a date to MK for the day (I live local) years ago. At that time, there were water "sprouts" coming up out of the sidewalk somewhere near the carousal. Well, my date walked unknowingly over one and it erupted all over her; everyone laughed at her (including me).

She was so infuriated at me that we had to leave the park only after 1/2 day (yes, I paid for her ticket/food). But, years later I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I called it off right after that as she couldn't laugh at herself and blamed me. What a blessing in disguise!

Yeah it’s kind a hard to go to Disney with someone who doesn’t want to be there. As for online dating... I don’t even know anymore. Honestly I’m thinking of just moving up to Orlando and just go with the flow. Get a job in Disney and maybe meet someone there. You never know. Online dating is pretty scary. I’m definitely going to stay way from Tinder. I was told today that it is just for like a wan bam thank you ma’am kind of thing. And I was like no way. I don’t want that I want a relationship. I’m 41 years old it’s time for me to move forward in life. I’m not too picky but I definitely want to meet someone that loves Disney. As much as I do. I’ve never tried the dating thread on this site. Where is it? Which one do I choose?

This is the DIS dating thread here. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-singles-dating-thread-profiles-only.2411855/

I see the other poster’s point about distance. That was a big deal to me as well, but if you do move to Orlando, FL, or even to the surrounding states, you’ll definitely find more Disney fans face-to-face. I certainly felt there were a lot of adult Disney fans when I lived in Louisiana, Texas, and Georgia. I think the proximity helps. You seem so open and sincere though, I’m sure you’ll meet your prince one of these days, whether you’re in WDW or not.

I was single when took a date to MK for the day (I live local) years ago. At that time, there were water "sprouts" coming up out of the sidewalk somewhere near the carousal. Well, my date walked unknowingly over one and it erupted all over her; everyone laughed at her (including me).

She was so infuriated at me that we had to leave the park only after 1/2 day (yes, I paid for her ticket/food). But, years later I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I called it off right after that as she couldn't laugh at herself and blamed me. What a blessing in disguise!

Wow. How can you be upset at the Happiest Place on Earth?? :tongue:
Yes, a blessing in disguise for sure haha

This is the DIS dating thread here. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-singles-dating-thread-profiles-only.2411855/

I see the other poster’s point about distance. That was a big deal to me as well, but if you do move to Orlando, FL, or even to the surrounding states, you’ll definitely find more Disney fans face-to-face. I certainly felt there were a lot of adult Disney fans when I lived in Louisiana, Texas, and Georgia. I think the proximity helps. You seem so open and sincere though, I’m sure you’ll meet your prince one of these days, whether you’re in WDW or not.

I totally agree, the closer I am to Disney, the closer I will be to my prince :yay:
Thanks so much for the link XOXO

Wow. How can you be upset at the Happiest Place on Earth?? :tongue:
Yes, a blessing in disguise for sure haha

You can be unhappy anywhere, but a truly positive attitude and perspective can make even the bleakest place look brighter. Ugggh....did I just say that? Seriously, she showed me more in 5 minutes than the months I invested into our "relationship". Game over.

I just returned from my solo trip for F&W and MNSSHP. Had so much fun. Yes it would be nice to have someone to share the fun with, but until I do I am not waiting around to continue to do what I enjoy doing! That is Disney and travel. I work hard and want to play hard as well. I see many of us here feel the same way. I tried to upload one of my pics from the party, but states file is too large. Oh well!

princess:

Hi Nancy,

How was your solo trip?? I loved F & W and the MNSSHP. I'm doing that next year alone too. I hear ya, that's why I'm not sitting here like a lump on a log, I'm going to Disney alone and I don't care. Aww I wish you could've loaded the pic, I dressed as Marie the kitty. You and I will find our prince charmings I just know it! Keep in touch!

I just returned from my solo trip for F&W and MNSSHP. Had so much fun. Yes it would be nice to have someone to share the fun with, but until I do I am not waiting around to continue to do what I enjoy doing! That is Disney and travel. I work hard and want to play hard as well. I see many of us here feel the same way. I tried to upload one of my pics from the party, but states file is too large. Oh well!

IMG_4352.JPG
princess:

Hi Nancy,

How was your solo trip?? I loved F & W and the MNSSHP. I'm doing that next year alone too. I hear ya, that's why I'm not sitting here like a lump on a log, I'm going to Disney alone and I don't care. Aww I wish you could've loaded the pic, I dressed as Marie the kitty. You and I will find our prince charmings I just know it! Keep in touch!

Solo trip was amazing and full of wonderful surprises. You never know who you are going to run into or conversations that will strike up. I met some wonderful people while there just by chatting in line or at a lounge eating appetizers or at a dinner. Hope you have a great time yourself when you go! And yes someday we will meet our Prince, but until then we cannot forget to live! :-).

View attachment 281705

Solo trip was amazing and full of wonderful surprises. You never know who you are going to run into or conversations that will strike up. I met some wonderful people while there just by chatting in line or at a lounge eating appetizers or at a dinner. Hope you have a great time yourself when you go! And yes someday we will meet our Prince, but until then we cannot forget to live! :-).

I’m so happy to hear that your solo trip was amazing. I can’t wait to have my own experiences. I plan on hitting plenty of bars especially the ones I haven’t checked out yet. I’m glad you met some wonderful people. Here’s to meeting or prince! Cheers!

One of my first conversations with my now fiancé was for him to tell me the best way to get from point A to point B at WDW Resort. He answered those questions right then we moved to Phase 2, an actual Disney vacation. We are now engaged and our Disney wedding is January 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!