Disney Dining Plan cancelation policy

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
We have a trip planned in October and had booked the Disney Dining Plan before all this mess happened. Can Disney Dining Plan be canceled? With the shortened park hours, I don’t want to waste time in restaurants. With Epcot opening at 11am, it’s lunchtime and then we would need to leave early to make 5pm dining reservations....that doesn’t leave much park time.

Call, or tweet. I'm relatively certain you can add (so, reasonably, drop) a dining plan up to five days before your stay. Might even be three day s.

Granted, ther could be a change fee. Packages normally need to be paid in full 30 days in advance, but right now it's seven days. Sorry to not be much help.

Yikes! All that work to make dining reservations are going to be deleted! That really stink!

We bought our dining plan separate since we have DvC reservation...wonder if that will be canceled? I assume so.

I see reports/posts/screenshots from travel agents about the plan for free dining plans being to give a 35% off for a future trip, but can't find anything direct from Disney that says that....and while my husband got an email about the cancelling of ADR's (he made a few of them) I am still waiting for my email and the package/trip is on my account (so it's not date based because our dates are the same).

Anyone have word directly from Disney about what they will do to compensate for loss of free Dining Plan?

I got this tonight. We had the quick service free dining in value resort

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

I am a little perplexed as to why they had to cancel our dining plan. We are staying at a resort and will still need to eat the same number of times whether we are on the plan or not. The 35% is not the same amount we would save on spending on food. It will probably cost us about $400 more for the vacation if we have to pay out of pocket for food.

I am a little perplexed as to why they had to cancel our dining plan. We are staying at a resort and will still need to eat the same number of times whether we are on the plan or not.

Disney is going to have very reduced capacity at sit down locations, and the dining plan encourages people to eat more food, more often, which is problematic when you can have so few people in a restaurant at a time. I know that's not really an issue for quick serve plans, but I can't ever see Disney saying that only people with one kind of plan get to keep it. Then everyone would expect to switch to that plan and the problem would just shift over to not being able to handle the lines for quick serve.

I know that's not really an issue for quick serve plans,
I think it could be worse. Quick service plan for all Va!ue and Moderate resorts, right? So you've got, potentially,guests from 10,000+ rooms possibly all heading for food at (say) lunchtime. Unlike TS restaurants, you have absolutely no idea how many diners to expect at one time at each rdztaurant.

Impossible to socially distance.

I am a little perplexed as to why they had to cancel our dining plan. We are staying at a resort and will still need to eat the same number of times whether we are on the plan or not. The 35% is not the same amount we would save on spending on food. It will probably cost us about $400 more for the vacation if we have to pay out of pocket for food.
The dining plan keeps people eating on property. Getting rid of the plan will encourage some people to buy groceries and/or eat off property. Disney currently needs fewer people in their restaurants and quick service locations.

I think it could be worse. Quick service plan for all Va!ue and Moderate resorts, right? So you've got, potentially,guests from 10,000+ rooms possibly all heading for food at (say) lunchtime. Unlike TS restaurants, you have absolutely no idea how many diners to expect at one time at each rdztaurant.

Impossible to socially distance.
Very true! I guess I was thinking along the lines of what they are doing at Disney Springs.....a great reduction in indoor seating at quick service locations but an increase in outdoor seating. Extra outdoor seating, along with mobile order only helps keep people apart. Plus, without plans people may be more apt to buy quick snacks or grab & go items in place of long drawn out meals, which moves people along from the tables more quickly as well. :)

The dining plan keeps people eating on property. Getting rid of the plan will encourage some people to buy groceries and/or eat off property. Disney currently needs fewer people in their restaurants and quick service locations.
Yep. No dining plan with alcohol included? No character meals? I'm ready to make my family's next trip like our first to WDW: FW Cabin here we come! Ale & Compass has the only breakfast I'm interested in that isn't a character meal, so we'll eat the rest from our kitchenette. Ohana and Whispering Canyon are the only TS meals that aren't a buffet or character meal my kids would be interested in--and I want interest if I'm paying Disney prices. So again, I can see us taking a break at the resort, ordering food delivered from outside, saving money, not waiting in line, not looking for a table for six and ending up standing like we did at Woody's. One way or another, we'll be eating less Disney food without a plan.

Up to this point, I always considered Disney to be the best at guest experience, but given all of the knee jerk decisions recently, that’s no longer the case. The Disney Dining Plan cancellation policy makes zero sense for guests staying at the resorts. Limiting guests at the resorts should take care of restaurant and park capacity.

Enforcing masks should nullify the requirement to social distance. There shouldn’t be a need for both.

They have taken a near perfect yearly vacation and stripped away everything that made it enjoyable. Sad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!