Disney Dining Plan ? non-Disney resort ?

You can purchase the WDW Quick Service Dining card with stays at the Swan & Dolphin, check for eligibility requirements.

I never knew about these, thanks for sharing!

So it’s basically not a meal plan but $$ preloaded available for qs and snacks. Love this!

$40 per day per adult for QS
Really worth it?
How many QS can you go to per day ?

A Day in DHS...

BREAKFAST
Trolly Car Cafe = Bagels - plain, multigrain, everything with cheese $2.25 and Orange Juice $4.25
=6.50

LUNCH.
Woody Lunch box = Smoked Turkey, Tomato and Lettuce Sandwich - thick-sliced smoked turkey breast, lettuce and tomato with dijonnaise spread served chilled on sunflower multigrain $9.99 and Bottled Water $3.00 = $13

DINNER
Rosie All-American Cafe = 1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger - with coleslaw or fries $10.49 and Apple Juice $3.29= $13

Only totals $32.50
Cost per day is $40
Loss of -$7.50

Then why buy the card ?
AND QS for all meals ?

I do not think it is a good deal. >:(

Really worth it?

A Day in DHS...

BREAKFAST
Trolly Car Cafe = Bagels - plain, multigrain, everything with cheese $2.25 and Orange Juice $4.25
=6.50

LUNCH.
Woody Lunch box = Smoked Turkey, Tomato and Lettuce Sandwich - thick-sliced smoked turkey breast, lettuce and tomato with dijonnaise spread served chilled on sunflower multigrain $9.99 and Bottled Water $3.00 = $13

DINNER
Rosie All-American Cafe = 1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger - with coleslaw or fries $10.49 and Apple Juice $3.29= $13

Only totals $32.50
Cost per day is $40
Loss of -$7.50

Then why buy the card ?
AND QS for all meals ?

Actually, I believe the information provided on the above link states that it is a $40 per day VALUE - however it costs less than $40 per day. Also, it can be spent however the guest chooses unlike the regular QS plan.
ETA: can be spent on QS meals, drinks, snacks

Last edited:
Really worth it?

A Day in DHS...

BREAKFAST
=6.50

LUNCH.

DINNER

Only totals $32.50
Cost per day is $40
Loss of -$7.50

Then why buy the card ?
AND QS for all meals ?

The card costs less than 40$ a day per adult. I believe it’s $35 per day per adult, so you get $5 “extra.”

Some QS meals are $16.99 for just the entree so it’s not actually that hard to spend $40 a day on 3 QS meals.

Breakfast- Fairfax Fare
Coffee $2.79, Breakfast sandwich $8.29

Lunch- Woody’s Lunch Box
Brisket Melt 12.99, Bottled water $3, Potato Barrels $3.49

Dinner- Rosie’s
1/3 lb burger $11.49, soft drink $3.29

Total for the day $45.34 before tax and without any snacks, and this is not an unreasonable amount of food. Sure you could skip the beverages and get free water, or not have a side at lunch and so on but in this case, this diner got his breakfast for free (saved $10) using the card.

ETA- it is not uncommon for someone, especially someone without a dining plan, to eat nothing but QS. DH and I went on a 5 day trip where we didn’t make a single TS reservation and it was glorious not having any dining to work around.

The card costs less than 40$ a day per adult. I believe it’s $35 per day per adult, so you get $5 “extra.”

Some QS meals are $16.99 for just the entree so it’s not actually that hard to spend $40 a day on 3 QS meals.

Breakfast- Fairfax Fare
Coffee $2.79, Breakfast sandwich $8.29

Lunch- Woody’s Lunch Box
Brisket Melt 12.99, Bottled water $3, Potato Barrels $3.49

Dinner- Rosie’s
1/3 lb burger $11.49, soft drink $3.29

Total for the day $45.34 before tax and without any snacks, and this is not an unreasonable amount of food. Sure you could skip the beverages and get free water, or not have a side at lunch and so on but in this case, this diner got his breakfast for free (saved $10) using the card.

ETA- it is not uncommon for someone, especially someone without a dining plan, to eat nothing but QS. DH and I went on a 5 day trip where we didn’t make a single TS reservation and it was glorious not having any dining to work around.

Yep! We've also gone without any ADR's & it is so freeing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter