Disney Dining Plan Questions???

disneyfan18_05

Earning My Ears
Hey, we are going back to the world in about a year and can't decide whether the dining plan is going to be really worth the money for us. Last time we went we were on the silver plan that included the meals, and we definitely got our money's worth...but that was with a growing 15 year old boy, grandma, my mom, and me who hardly eats 2 meals a day. This year we are going with two of us girls who hardly eat anything all day(dancers...we watch, continously, what we eat), and my mom who also watches what she eats as she has diabetes but is more of an eater than we are. My question is have many people found this plan to save them money and is it going to be worth it for us?
Any help would be great!!!!!!!

If you'd end up having at least one table-service meal per day, anyway, then you'll probably be better off with the Dining Plan, even if you don't order any appetizers or desserts.

We just got back from a week long stay with the dining plan. While it is an excellent value I feel it makes you overeat. It is SO hard to say no to an appetizer and especially dessert, when you know they are "free". We found sharing really helps out. We were there 5 nights and 6 days, therefore we had 5 days worth of meals to spread out over 6 days. If there are other people in your group who are big eaters that would help out too. But be warned- if you have little willpower you will gain weight. I dieted to lose 25 pounds before we left, so I could enjoy myself and eat. Of course I came back 6 lbs. heavier- and we walked alot!!!!!! ( But my body was probably a little screwed up, going from eating 1000 calories a day to Lord knows how many!) I am so mad at myself even though I knew I was going to gain- I kept telling myself it would be worth it as I ate ice cream and appetizers and delicious dessert. So long story short- if you can say No to the yummy stuff, go for it. If you really eat like a bird and plan to do so at WDW, then it may not be worth the $$$ for you. I found it impossible to say no! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter