Disney Dining Plan ruined Disney dining.

I, for one love making my reservations 180 days out. Never understood the hate
I don't know what I want for dinner tomorrow let alone 180 days from now. I do enough daily planning in my everyday life. It's the last thing I want to do on vacation. My vacation planning consists of my flight and my hotel.

I don't know what I want for dinner tomorrow let alone 180 days from now. I do enough daily planning in my everyday life. It's the last thing I want to do on vacation. My vacation planning consists of my flight and my hotel.
Fair point, but would you know what you want 60 days out? 30 days out? Its planning. It’s like booking a restaurant in your town ahead of time for a special occasion. You may not know what you are gonna order, but you know you want to eat there…. I like to make the reservations as far in advance as I can, and I can always tweak if necessary

Fair point, but would you know what you want 60 days out? 30 days out? Its planning. It’s like booking a restaurant in your town ahead of time for a special occasion. You may not know what you are gonna order, but you know you want to eat there…. I like to make the reservations as far in advance as I can, and I can always tweak if necessary
I rarely book a restaurant at home either. I don't book any restaurants on vacation either. I don't plan my day to day for vacations cause I don't know til I am there what I feel like doing everyday

I rarely book a restaurant at home either. I don't book any restaurants on vacation either. I don't plan my day to day for vacations cause I don't know til I am there what I feel like doing everyday
Well I respect your right to choose to do that. But just because you fly by the seat of your pants, doesn’t mean they should get rid of 180 day. I would bet you are in the minority when it comes to never making a reservation for anything

Lots of interesting thoughts here.
I just remember how good the quality of the food was in the 70's, 80's, up until the DP started. Then it was very noticeable that disney was changing with the DP in place. However, I don't go to disney for gourmet food (thank goodness:) and am okay with park food. We do go to DS for a quality meal. You can tell the difference with the restaurants who are not owned and operated by disney. I doubt if the dining ever goes back to that quality. Too many people all the time and the need to feed them all has contributed to the mediocre food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter