dd - 16
ds - 12
ds - 10

My best friend since childhood's family:
My best friend who I will refer to as "sis"
Her dh - both early 40's
ds - 17
dd -16

We ate some meals together, some apart with various grouping. I'll just hit on the things I remember off the top of my head but feel free to ask me any questions.
Hi all. We were in WDW from June 9th - 18th. I am going to do a couple reviews at a time since I tend to get wordy sometimes.

Our family (7th trip) consists of me - turned 41 while in the World
sweet dh -44
dd - 16
ds - 12
ds - 10

My best friend since childhood's family:
My best friend who I will refer to as "sis"
Her dh - both early 40's
ds - 17
dd -16

We ate some meals together, some apart with various grouping. I'll just hit on the things I remember off the top of my head but feel free to ask me any questions.

Chefs de France
The guys had gone to Disney Quest so it was a gals afternoon. We had no A.R.s so I really thought counter service was going to be our our only option. It was pouring rain and everyone had the same idea as we did. Get out of the rain and eat lunch. Electric Umbrella was PACKED. Coral Reef was full. Le Cellier had no openings for the rest of the day and that night. We walked past Chefs de France and asked if they were accepting walk ups and much to our surprise we were seated immediately. Our waiter was Thomas and he was very nice. We really enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant. Now for FOOD.

My friend and her dd had the French menu $14.95 Soupe a l' oignon gratinee - Onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese
Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad
Creme brulee a l'ancienne - baked vanilla cream with caramelized brown sugar

My friend enjoyed the soup. Her dd wasn't crazy about it. They both LOVED their sandwich and creme brulee.
My dd and I both got the Steak au poivre vert, Pommes Pont Neuf
Top sirloin steak with green pepper sauce, and pont neuf French fries $17.95
We both ordered our steaks cooked medium but they were medium well. I almost ordered medium rare because I do like my meat to be pink throughout but it was no biggie. DD had a house salad and loved the dressing even though she is usually ranch dressing only. I loved the rolls that they brought out. We all had iced tea and I just HAD to sample a French beer - Biere Kronenbourg 1664. It was fun trying a beer in different countries. Not all on the same day mind you. I probably would order the French menu on another visit but overall I give Chefs an A-.

ESPN Club
We have eaten here many times and this trip was no different. We all ate there twice together, the guys ate there another time while we went to Beaches and Cream and then just my family ate lunch there on our last day which is a tradition. Yes, we love sports so this place is great for us but we also really like the food. Here are the things we have ordered there. Chicken sandwiches got thumbs up, I love the Upper Deck roast beef sandwich, burgers got thumbs up from all. They taste like "real" beef. Everyone likes the wings. Some like the hot sauce, some like the flame. Nachos and sideline fries are good. Hot dogs are HUGE. My friend enjoyed her club wrap. The hockey puck brownie dessert is ymmy too. And I know that they placed the football autographed by Joe Montana right over the ladies' restroom just for ME!
We LOVE ESPN Club. No, it's not haute cuisine but it does casual food well IMO.

California Grill

Adults only.

We shared a Quadruple Cheese with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto flatbread which was tasty. For our entrees dh and I both ordered the pork tenderloin. It was excellent. Friend's dh had the filet which he said was extremely tender. Friend had the free range chicken which she deemed just ok. DH, friend and I had white zinfandel but I'm sorry but I don't remember the brand since dh ordered it. It was very busy that night and our server wasn't rude but was definitely rushed and made us feel rushed. So much so that we didn't stay for dessert. He wasn't personable either. Food A-. Service C

I agree wholeheartedly with ESPN. As a matter of fact, this time (Aug.) we're on the DDP and DH and SIL are hoping they will get to ESPN!! All of the more pricey places, and they're concerned with ESPN. Guess we'll go there for lunch and pay OOP. Went to Cali Grill about 4 years ago and had a similar experience with the wait staff, so we haven't been back. We're going to Chefs de France this time for one of our TSs. Thanks for the reviews; love the details!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter