Disney Dining Show #2....

I'm with the majority. Partner and I both went last year and both agreed, never again. it was essentially a 4th of July picnic food served inside

The thing I liked about it most is that it showed different folks can eat the exact same food prepared the exact same way, and have vastly different opinions. And, I too long for the days when there was a show on the stage.

The thing I liked about it most is that it showed different folks can eat the exact same food prepared the exact same way, and have vastly different opinions. And, I too long for the days when there was a show on the stage.

Absolutely! And a reason I am glad that Pete will often stress that this is just their opinions and if you like something they don't, then great or if you really want to try a place that they didn't like, go try it!

As an example of this, I think everyone who watches the podcast knows the team is, um, not a fan of Tony's - however on Facebook in a Disney group someone was asking for opinions on it and someone commented that it their absolutely favorite place and they always eat their the last evening of their trip to celebrate and as a tradition, etc. - so don't freak out if they don't like a place you do or anything. It is your vacation and your vacation dollars - eat where you want to eat!

Is it just me, or does Sean (Shawn?) look and feel like Ryno? Like they could be brothers, even the way he smiles reminded me of Ryno lol.

On another note, I hope this show doesn't replace Craig and Ryno's vlogs eating at restaurants, they are by far my favorite of everything on the channel.

Last edited:
So in watching the show it seemed to me like the comments made by the non-Pete people didn't match their overall take on the place. It seems like the comments from the non-Pete members didn't match their overall take. Example, Steve said "the meal was horrible" - but then liked the pulled pork and sausage, though the salad was ok, and the dessert was good but rich, said the service was good, and enjoyed the decor. Sean mentioned he thought the beef was very good and it was all good cuts of meat and not fatty. That doesn't match "horrible" to me - seems like their overall negative reviews were driven by the poor mac n cheese and that some of the food was cold. To me that is different that overall "horrible"

So in watching the show it seemed to me like the comments made by the non-Pete people didn't match their overall take on the place. It seems like the comments from the non-Pete members didn't match their overall take. Example, Steve said "the meal was horrible" - but then liked the pulled pork and sausage, though the salad was ok, and the dessert was good but rich, said the service was good, and enjoyed the decor. Sean mentioned he thought the beef was very good and it was all good cuts of meat and not fatty. That doesn't match "horrible" to me - seems like their overall negative reviews were driven by the poor mac n cheese and that some of the food was cold. To me that is different that overall "horrible"

I absolutely agree with you. The video seemed to indicate a decent experience, but nothing horrible.

However, I will say they did indicate during the first show that there are doing a video then doing a discussion a few days later in order to see how perceptions might change in hindsight.

I absolutely agree with you. The video seemed to indicate a decent experience, but nothing horrible.

However, I will say they did indicate during the first show that there are doing a video then doing a discussion a few days later in order to see how perceptions might change in hindsight.

yeah - though even in the restaurant they still had some good things to say. Not saying they thought it was great or something but for Steve to say "that was horrible" to me that would mean nearly all the food was terrible, the service was bad, the presentation was bad, etc.

I'm enjoying these new shows. Good reviews. I like the variety.
Welcome Sean!
I hope Pete is feeling ok. In the studio part he looked and sounded under the weather

I personally enjoyed Steve's gauntlet/challenge laid down to Pete about the cold food statement(s); he is growing more confident and is not being further intimidated based on what I've been seeing lately. I hope he continues to be animate, while respectful, as this will only grow him into a leadership position.

I personally enjoyed Steve's gauntlet/challenge laid down to Pete about the cold food statement(s); he is growing more confident and is not being further intimidated based on what I've been seeing lately. I hope he continues to be animate, while respectful, as this will only grow him into a leadership position.

I have found that since the Best and Worst started, which is is co-hosting he really has gotten so much better and a lot more confidence ... really great to see!

Steve is Mr. Mac and Cheese and if he says it was horrible, than it was horrible. Pete probably has pretty low standards for this type of fare. His favorite restaurant is Jiko's which does serve mac and cheese and as he said you can't compare Jiko's with Diamond Horseshoe but this is Steve's type of food and he probably has a larger knowledge base of mac and cheese from every restaurant that serves it. Steve is pretty up front about preferring the plainer and less fancy food so I trust his opinion that is the beauty of the team. All different opinions.

I've actually read similar reviews about it as well and people not liking the food served and think it really didn't fit well with the restaurant. Most of it is prepared in the Liberty Tree Tavern as the dimaond horseshoe lacks a kitchen.

Yeah, Steve never really gets intimidated by Pete's (overbearing?) opinion on something :D
If you go back on some old shows, he stands by his view on X, Y, and Z.

I've been trying to find the dining podcast and haven't been able to. I only listen to the podcasts on audio while exercising. Is it available on iTunes? If so, what name should I be searching for?

I've been trying to find the dining podcast and haven't been able to. I only listen to the podcasts on audio while exercising. Is it available on iTunes? If so, what name should I be searching for?

Not sure it has its own feed but here are links from iTunes to the first two episodes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/001-be-our-guest-dinner-review/id160064459?i=1000391253018&mt=2

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...inner-review/id160064459?i=1000391671876&mt=2

I am easily getting the podcasts for these, but I really prefer to see them in person. If I just do a search on You Tube, they show up. However, I can't find them on any of the DIS You Tube channels. Does anyone have a link? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts