Disney Dream - January 8-12, 2018 - 4-Night Bahamian

iambasicallyanna

Earning My Ears
:welcome:

I'm already in super planning mode for this cruise, so I thought I'd start this cruise meet thread off! This will be the second Disney Cruise for my husband and I, our first being our honeymoon aboard the Dream in October 2015. We loved the Fish Extender so much for that cruise, and I decided to be proactive and organize one for this cruise!

We are planning to participate in the Castaway Cay Challenge after finishing the Disney Marathon the Sunday before.

If you think of something I should include in this intro post, let me know. See you all on the seas!!

:sail:

===========

Cruise Itinerary

January 8-12, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian – Castaway Cay Challenge Sailing

Monday, January 8 – Port Canaveral
Tuesday, January 9 – Nassau
Wednesday, January 10 – Castaway Cay
Thursday, January 11 – At Sea
Friday, January 12 – Port Canaveral

===========

Fish Extender

Fish Extender Basics: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender for this cruise, reply to this thread with the following information and I will add you to the official list. Include as much or as little as you wish!

DIS Username:
Stateroom:
Adults:
(name, age at time of cruise, gender, favorite Disney characters, etc)
Children: (name, age at time of cruise, gender, favorite Disney characters, etc)
Any Allergies?:
Castaway Challenge?:
Celebrations:

Official Fish Extender List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iz-4Tx7WvUF8SqYInhnr4LyoIbh3BhKPytUl4J-J_-w/edit?usp=sharing

(Once a sign-up deadline is agreed upon, I can edit this post to reflect that.)

===========

Castaway Cay Challenge

This sailing is also the Castaway Cay Challenge 2018 sailing!

From RunDisney: The Disney Castaway Cay Challenge is an ultimate running adventure, combining one magical 5K event or longer during the 2018 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend (January 3-7, 2018) with a Castaway Cay 5K on Disney Cruise Line's private tropical island in the Bahamas the following week. On Monday, when Marathon Weekend is over, set sail on board the Disney Dream for a 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral. You'll sail to Disney Castaway Cay for your 5K run along sandy white beaches, past swaying palms and sparkling turquoise lagoons, with magical Disney moments to surprise you along the way. It's a runner's paradise in a spectacular island oasis. From parks to paradise…and a dream getaway on board a magical cruise!

Castaway Cay 5K Highlights:
  • 3.1-mile course through Disney Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line's private island in the Bahamas
  • Course runs past sparkling lagoons, the harbor and white sandy beaches
  • Surprise Disney magical moments and entertainment on course
Castaway Cay Challenge Participants Receive:
  • Castaway Cay Challenge Event T-Shirt
  • Castaway Cay 5K Finisher Medallion
  • Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal for participating in oneWalt Disney World® Marathon Weekend 5K or longer event PLUS the Castaway Cay 5K
  • Personalized bib (Must register by December 1, 2017 for name to appear on bib)
  • Post-race refreshments
  • Exciting activities and access to Special Merchandise on board Disney Cruise Line
  • Featured Healthy Menu Options on board Disney Cruise Line
The number of registrations for the 2018 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend races and the Castaway Cay 5K is limited and subject to availability. To be eligible for the Castaway Cay Challenge runners must enter their cruise reservation number at the time of registration for the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge race event. All races are subject to age eligibility requirements and capacity limits. All race registration fees are non-refundable. Runners deferring any 2018 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend 10K or longer races will not be eligible for a Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal. Events/races may be subject to delay, change, or cancellation for inclement weather or other safety concerns.

** Note that this 5K is different from the free 5K offered on all Castaway Cay stops! The free 5K will still be offered in addition to the paid challenge for marathon weekend participants.

===========

Hi,
We are sailing on the Jan 8th Dream cruise as well. My daughter (11 yr) and I will be running the 5k and 10K, then the castaway cay challenge. My sister and I will do the marathon on Sunday and she will also be running the castaway cay challenge with us. My mom is coming along to enjoy the parks and the cruise. We can't wait!! Fun girls week together. We would love to join the Fish Extender group. Thanks for organizing!

Here is our information for the Fish Extender list:
DIS Username: pbjotter
Stateroom: 10138
Adults:
Jennifer (47 - F)-Cheshire, bambi, dumbo, Figaro; Tracy (48-F) - Goofy; Ann (72-F)-Mickey
Children: Kate (11-F)- Donald, aristocats, all princesses
Any Allergies?: none
Castaway Challenge?: yes - our first castaway cay 5k
Celebrations:

Hi! We are signed up for this cruise too! This is our first ever cruise. We are not running in any of the marathons or the Castaway Challenge, but I'd like to do the day Castaway Cay 5k. It'll be me (42), DH (44), DD (7) and DS (5). We'll be going to Disney World for 4 days after the cruise. SO excited!

Just signed up for this today! :banana: It will just be my and DH. Dopey and CC Challenge for both of us. Must have all the bling...

Hello,
I would like to sign up for the fish extender group...DIS name loislane2002
Me 48 lois aka proud cheer mom aka proud running well to be more accurate walking the 5k mom aka the more bling the better
DH 55 bill aka doesn't care too much for cheerleading (although he supports the craziness) dad aka does NOT run dad (thinks this is a long way to travel to run..lol)
DD 15 Jessica aka jess cheerleader aka runner aka the force and sass is strong with this one
Room 6150
this is our 14th Disney cruise however we haven't been on one since 2012
also doing the Disney world run 5k on Thursday with my daughter as well as the castaway cay challenge
look forward to meeting every one

Last edited:
:welcome:

I'm already in super planning mode for this cruise, so I thought I'd start this cruise meet thread off! This will be the second Disney Cruise for my husband and I, our first being our honeymoon aboard the Dream in October 2015. We loved the Fish Extender so much for that cruise, and I decided to be proactive and organize one for this cruise!

We are planning to participate in the Castaway Cay Challenge after finishing the Disney Marathon the Sunday before.

If you think of something I should include in this intro post, let me know. See you all on the seas!!

===========

Cruise Itinerary

===========

Fish Extender

Fish Extender Basics: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender for this cruise, reply to this thread with the following information and I will add you to the official list. Include as much or as little as you wish!

DIS Username:
Stateroom:
Adults:
Children: (name, age at time of cruise, gender, favorite Disney characters, etc)
Any Allergies?:
Castaway Challenge?:
Celebrations:

Official Fish Extender List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iz-4Tx7WvUF8SqYInhnr4LyoIbh3BhKPytUl4J-J_-w/edit?usp=sharing

===========

Castaway Cay Challenge

From RunDisney: The Disney Castaway Cay Challenge is an ultimate running adventure, combining one magical 5K event or longer during the 2018 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend (January 3-7, 2018) with a Castaway Cay 5K on Disney Cruise Line's private tropical island in the Bahamas the following week. On Monday, when Marathon Weekend is over, set sail on board the Disney Dream for a 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral. You'll sail to Disney Castaway Cay for your 5K run along sandy white beaches, past swaying palms and sparkling turquoise lagoons, with magical Disney moments to surprise you along the way. It's a runner's paradise in a spectacular island oasis. From parks to paradise…and a dream getaway on board a magical cruise!

• 3.1-mile course through Disney Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line's private island in the Bahamas
  • Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal for participating in oneWalt Disney World® Marathon Weekend 5K or longer event PLUS the Castaway Cay 5K
  • Personalized bib (Must register by December 1, 2017 for name to appear on bib)
  • Post-race refreshments
  • Exciting activities and access to Special Merchandise on board Disney Cruise Line
The number of registrations for the 2018 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend races and the Castaway Cay 5K is limited and subject to availability. To be eligible for the Castaway Cay Challenge runners must enter their cruise reservation number at the time of registration for the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge race event. All races are subject to age eligibility requirements and capacity limits. All race registration fees are non-refundable. Runners deferring any 2018 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend 10K or longer races will not be eligible for a Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal. Events/races may be subject to delay, change, or cancellation for inclement weather or other safety concerns.

** Note that this 5K is different from the free 5K offered on all Castaway Cay stops! The free 5K will still be offered in addition to the paid challenge for marathon weekend participants.

===========
hello.
please sign us up for the fish extender group
disname Loislane2002
me Lois 48 also doing castaway challenge no allergies proud cheer mom proud running aka walking the 5k mom...the more bling the better
DH bill 53 doesn't care for cheerleading or 5ks ...thinks this is a long way to travel for walking..lol
DD Jessica 15 aka jess aka cheerleader aka runner loves stitch and well just about everything...allergic to strawberries also doing castaway cay challenge
room 6150

Hi! Would love to be part of this fish extender!
mickgirl26
Bill Sellers, 44, male, big Darth Vader fan, detective, loves turkey hunting, fishing
Michell Sellers, 44, female, Minnie, foodie, artist, loves reading
Molly Sellers, 12, female, Belle, loves dancing, singing, bath bombs and anything blingy or girlie
Not doing challenge
First time Disney Cruiser!

Hello, just heard about fish extender fun today!!
I would love to participate!
I'm Denise, 48, will be running my first Dopey challenge followed by the castaway cay challenge. Loves Minnie, run Disney and the bling at the finish line! No allergies.
Hubby is David, 49, running 5k & 10k with me and the castaway day challenge. Loves chip & dale and supporting his wife's run Disney hobby! No allergies.
Booked a guaranteed state room, not assigned a room yet.

Last edited:
Hi-we would also like to participate in the FE exchange. My husband and I are doing the Castaway challenge (hubby is running the Dopey and I will be running my first marathon). Also both of our teenagers will just be running the Castaway 5k. This is our third Disney cruise, but it's been a few years so we are very excited!

Tdwz
Stateroom #8672
Trisha (47) Love Peter pan, POTC, Pooh
Kurt (50) Star Wars, running fanatic
Adam (19) Star Wars, POTC
Hailey (16) POTC, Belle, Stitch

Last edited:
not sure how the heck it happened, but we are signed up for the sailing! Woo Hoo!
First cruise for me. Second for my running buddy (except he is in the Navy, so lots of boat time LOLOL)
We are both doing Dopey with Team HFOT before getting on the boat!
All signed up for the Castaway Cay Challenge...BRING ON THE BLING!

DIS amydowningrn@gmail.com
Stateroom: 5532
Adults: Amy (41) and Bart (42)
Kids: Michael (4, almost 5)
No Allergies
Celebrations: Our FIRST Disney Cruise and Michael turns 5 on the 15th! Hope to spend it at Disney World.
E="iambasicallyanna, post: 56980930, member: 552877"]:welcome:

===========

Cruise Itinerary

===========

Fish Extender

DIS Username:
Stateroom:
Adults:
Any Allergies?:
Castaway Challenge?:
Celebrations:

===========

Castaway Cay Challenge

• Post-race refreshments

===========
[/QUOTE]

I've been a little MIA from this thread, but to everyone who posted Fish Extender info, I should get that added to the spreadsheet in the next couple days!

174 days until we board!! :yay:

DIS Username: PrincessAng417
Stateroom: 5660
Adults: Joe (37/m/Lightning McQueen & Luigi), Angela (34/f/Eeyore, Elsa, Cinderella, Mickey & Minnie)
Any Allergies?: Bananas
Castaway Challenge?: Yes for Joe!
Celebrations: Cruising/celebrating with Stateroom 5658. Excited about the Castaway Cay challenge, Tina's birthday, and Michaela's first Disney vacation!

(If I post before 5658 does, their post is coming soon!)

DIS Username: FigmentFanForAlways
Stateroom: 5658
Adults: Tina (33/F/Figment and Tigger), Bobby (33/M/Grumpy or Carl Fredricksen....)
Children: Michaela (1/F/Minnie and Mickey)
Any Allergies?: none
Castaway Challenge?: Yes--Tina is running the 5K after the Half.
Celebrations: Cruising/celebrating with Stateroom 5660. First cruise (of any type) for all of us--first vacation/Disney trip for Michaela!

Last edited:
My husband and I are very seriously contemplating jumping on this cruise after the marathon. We'll have to move our current EBTA reservation and rearrange our hotel nights so we haven't taken the official plunge yet, but I'm 98% sure that'll happen this week. The Castaway Challenge medal is one of 3 runDisney medals I don't have, and we'll already be there so we'd save on transportation costs! (I can rationalize just about anything :) ) Nonetheless, thought I'd introduce myself and start getting even more excited! It's just the 2 of us (kids are grown) and this sailing will put us at platinum status - WOOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter