Disney Dream July 21, 2017

PrincessSarah314

Mouseketeer
We are booked! B2B with 7/17/17 sailing. We can't wait to get to know everyone! I am also going to be forming an FE for anyone who is interested. :)

Hi Princess Sarah!
I have been watching the Cruise Meets thread for Disney Dream 2017 for what feels like forever to see a Meet thread started for the July 21, 2017 3-night sailing on the Dream, but there still hasn't been one set up yet. So I just did a search and found this from last April. I hope you're still out there! :flower:
If it's OK with you, I'll notify AquaDame about this thread and if she can post it there, maybe we will get some fellow cruisers together!

Ok, I put that request in. Hopefully lots of people will join in!
This is my family's first Disney Cruise and I know it won't be long enough but I'm thrilled to at least get a taste of Disney cruising!
So obviously haven't done a FE before, but would love to join in, if my girls aren't too old.
I am not on FB, where I think a lot of these cruise meets are organized, so if we can do one here on the DIS, that would be awesome!
I look forward to meeting everyone!

Just booked this cruise along with my sister-in-law's family. This will be my 8th Disney cruise but first time cruising as an only parent. With me will be dd (14) and ds (12). Hoping to see more involved here so we can get a FE group started!

Hi MissFitt!
Yes, it's crickets in here. Glad to see someone join in!
I'm hoping as it gets a little closer, activity may increase. I'd love to do this FE thing! But I know you need a bigger group for that, so we'll see.
Lucky you on your 8th cruise! Awesome!

This group has been extremely quiet---I stopped checking for awhile because it was so quiet! HAHA. Yes, there is definitely activity going for this cruise elsewhere, KSL, maybe we can somehow join up the 2?

Hi PrincessSarah,
Sure! Just point me in the right direction! Is it somewhere else here on the DIS? I'm crossing my fingers it's not Facebook, though, as I don't use it.

Has anyone heard of a group doing the fish extender? I was just curious...this is our first disney cruise and while it's only 3 nights, I figured my kiddos would love to participate! They'd enjoy the giving just as much as the receiving. It's not a must do, but I think it's something they would enjoy. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@jkdurham -- we're in the same boat (see what I did there? :laughing:) -- first Disney cruise and I know it's short one but we would love to be part of a FE group. As you can see from previous posts, I tried to follow up with PrincessSarah but haven't heard back as to where the chatter about this sailing is. I'm not on FB, so was hoping a FE group would get set up here. Since I'm new to Disney cruises and the FE experience, I don't think I'm the best one to organize it. Maybe as it gets closer more will join and someone will volunteer.

@KSL Love the Pun! :tongue:Hopefully we can get something going. Even if it is a small a group of us, at least we can get the experience on a smaller scale :)

There is a FB Group, search Disney Dream July 21, 2017. They have a FE group there, but not sure if it's still taking participants.

I too would like to join a Fish Extender group for July 21, 2017 Disney Dream cruise. I do not have Facebook. This is first time with Fish Extender.
It would be for me:coffee: and 13 year old niece:flower3:. Hubby said he doesn't want to participate.

Hi MissFitt!
Yes, it's crickets in here. Glad to see someone join in!
I'm hoping as it gets a little closer, activity may increase. I'd love to do this FE thing! But I know you need a bigger group for that, so we'll see.
Lucky you on your 8th cruise! Awesome!
From what I am reading it appears that there are at least (4) families that are on the July 21 2017 Disney Dream cruise that are interested in a fish extender group. How do we get the details of room numbers, members of participating family info back and forth to each other?

I think for those of us interested in setting up our own FE, we would need to privately exchange that information. I actually don't even know how to send private messages to other DISers -- I tried to PM PrincessSarah (since she originally indicated she would be starting a FE group), but I'm not sure I did it correctly -- it started a "Conversation" -- I couldn't find "Private Message" anywhere (if anyone knows, please point it out!). Maybe we could start with the basics here, and then if there's enough interest, we could get into details offline. I can start with some ideas:

My preferences would be:
  • Let's do a 1-to-2 ratio so that everyone gets gifts from 2 others. I have a group of 6, so I will be responsible to give gifts to 12 others in the group; if your group has only 3, you will fill 6, etc.
  • Since there will likely be so few of us, I would suggest trying to get multiple small items for the kids, so that it feels like more (one thing per adult would be fine)
  • Fine to include any adults if they want
  • Keep items to a good size to fit in the FE (I'm thinking nothing too much bigger than a water bottle? Does that seem reasonable?)
  • Try to spend about $5 on each person's gifts (and certainly feel free to spend less; bargain hunt! But we will probably be a small group, so this amount is OK with me if OK with others)
Schedule -- We have 3 nights, so we could do it like this:
  • Everyone put the FEs out by 10pm on the 21st (embarkation day; Night 1)
  • Everyone will fill half of their assigned FEs anytime between 10pm on the 21st until noon on the 22nd
  • Then, everyone will fill the other half of their assigned FEs anytime between 10pm on the 22nd until noon on the 23rd
  • Then people can pack up their FEs whenever they want to after they get their gifts (by noon on the day before it's over)
I am TOTALLY MAKING THIS UP AS I GO ALONG! Have never done this before, but willing to give it a shot. I am good with a spreadsheet and can get us organized if there is interest. Please reply here if you are interested to confirm you're in, and tell me the basics (no personal info yet) of (1) how many people participating, and (2) any suggestions to the logistics.

Thanks!
KSL

We are booked! B2B with 7/17/17 sailing. We can't wait to get to know everyone! I am also going to be forming an FE for anyone who is interested. :)

Hi Sarah, I'm going on a cruise next year and want to start an FE for my cruise. I see you did it for yours. Did you organize your FE for multiple groups of cabins or just one group? I'm having trouble understanding this. I want to start just one group for 10 cabins, but I'm getting the feeling that the organizer keeps track of anyone and everyone who wants to join an FE and then breaks them up into groups of 10 cabins (or whatever number). Also, how and where did you post group information so people know they belong to a group and what rooms they deliver their gifts to?

Thanks!

Maha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter