Disney Dream September 10th - 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

I managed to get a Palo brunch booked for our next cruise, but not this one, but I will keep checking! :) We normally go to the Rainforest room on Nassau day too! Maybe we will see you in there. At the moment, I think I have an acupuncture session booked :)

Maybe luck will be in our favor for the Golden Mickeys. I was reading on another thread that it’s rumored that they’ll be bringing it back in September when they expect the demand for the new Beauty and the Beast show to be less by then.
I'm not a fan of Golden Mickeys, but mum is. However, I'm not so sure it will come back. I am wondering if they have something else in the works, and are just waiting it out? We will see! On the flip side, having BatB on four out of seven nights (being B2B) is a bit much!!!! It might be good, but I can't see it being that good! Oh well, at least we will have plenty of time available in the evenings to enjoy other things!

I hope everyone is having a great week!
We have always requested the early PATs and driven down, but I know we don't always make it early. That has it's benefits too, because normally by the time we check-in, boarding is open and because we were early we get to go straight on, no matter the boarding group number. Early on the port is busy, the queue for Mickey/Minnie is just as long as the check-in line and there's not much space to wait. There are certainly some things to be said for checking in a bit later
clip_image001.gif

As for the weather, we had no idea the weather was going to be like that - we were relaxing in the warmth of the Caribbean! It was only after we stepped out of the terminal and towards the DCL bus transfers that we felt the chilly drop in temperature. When we saw CMs in wool jackets, hats, scarves and gloves, we knew we were in for something unexpected!

Yes, best thing to do. Then you can stuff your face like crazy!
clip_image001.gif

Look forward to hearing more about everyone's plans - we have very few!

It's great that some people can get on so early, regardless of boarding #. If I have time, I would like to tour the kids area because everyone seems to rave about it and I totally want to check out the Star Wars area. Those first few hours can be hectic because everyone is boarding, eating and booking activities before the lovely muster drill. I'm on deck 10, so we're in one of the theaters which is nice because you can sit down.

Adjusting to the cooler temperatures after a Caribbean cruise cannot be easy. Being from the north, I always get a kick out of seeing how the CMs will dress if a cold front moves in because they really seem to out due themselves. The CMs from Norway have these long wool overcoats that they wear. With that being said, I do not enjoy going to Florida when it is cold. I have enough of that in PA along with lots and lots of snow and ice.

Any favorites/recommendations from Palo? Yes, I do plan on stuffing my face.

I managed to get a Palo brunch booked for our next cruise, but not this one, but I will keep checking! :) We normally go to the Rainforest room on Nassau day too! Maybe we will see you in there. At the moment, I think I have an acupuncture session booked :)

Palo is like BOG on the open seas when it comes to popularity and getting a reservation. I was refreshing the page until my booking window opened up at the 90-day mark and the first seating for Palo brunch was already taken, so I went with noon. Hopefully you manage to get a time. I would check ever day during the last couple of weeks because people cancel and change-up their plans.

We normally go to the Rainforest room on Nassau day too! Maybe we will see you in there. At the moment, I think I have an acupuncture session booked
The Rainforest room is a real treat and I'll typically buy a pass for the entire cruise so I can come and go as I please. You'll probably find me zonked out on one of those heated loungers or in the hot tub. The best time is at night when you get the sea air coming through.

So I've been offline for a while because of the firewall in China lol On the plus side I had an AWESOME time in Shanghai Disneyland so can't really complain!

Yes, it has taken a while to get things moving, but looks like we are on the up and up! :) Planning and researching is the best part, with the exception of the main event of course!

A birthday trip, excellent!! We looked at the menu for Remy, but it is not for us. We still to the Palo brunch, however, that was unavailable when we last looked. Another job for after we board.

I love planning so much lol
Ye I saw that too, I managed to get Remy for pirates night so happy with that!
Would like to do Palo brunch if possible so may try when I get on board, we got a 10.45 arrival time so hopefully that'll help!

We've definitely got some movement now and it will help pass the time for everyone. I've been watching a lot of cruise vlogs as well to put me in the mood. I recently watched the ones put up by Blair Lamb, so I recommend those. The DIS just completed a 5-night cruise so they should be posting up new cruise vlogs as well.
The cruise IS coming up very fast along with the 4th of July is right around the corner.
You're in for a real treat being that this will be your first cruise! Just be aware that they are SUPER addicting.

I love vlogs! I actually have my own channel and plan on vlogging while on the cruise (KarenBee), two good friends of mine have a good cruise vlog up also (L&R Dreaming is the channel) so it was fun to see theirs. I've already watched Blair's that's actually what convinced me to book Remy lol
Ye I've heard they're addictive, I've already decided that we'll be booking a placeholder on board haha

The Rainforest room is a real treat and I'll typically buy a pass for the entire cruise so I can come and go as I please. You'll probably find me zonked out on one of those heated loungers or in the hot tub. The best time is at night when you get the sea air coming through.

Can you book the rainforest room in advance? I didn't see it when I looked at the spa options?

Shanghai sounds like an absolute blast!

I'm glad you got a reservation for Remy. Blair nearly tempted me as well but I'll save it for the next cruise.

A single-day pass for the rainforest room can be booked online but it's very tedious. It makes absolutely zero sense that it's not under spa options. You have to purchase it under "gifts" and download the form, pay by credit card, then send to DCL. The cost is $16 for one plus 18% gratuity. I recently learned that you can also pay over the phone so that's definitely the better option.

If you enjoy going to the spa then I recommend booking the rainforest room for the entire length of the cruise. Here are the latest prices:

3 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $42
3 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $69
3 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $75
3 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $102

4 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $56
4 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $101
4 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $99
4 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $144

They only distribute a certain amount of the cruise-length passes so you need to act fast before they're all gone. I tend to go right to the spa once I'm onboard just to secure my reservation. I hope that helps!

We'll see what happens on this cruise if I'll vlog or not. You've got one more subscriber though! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Shanghai sounds like an absolute blast!

I'm glad you got a reservation for Remy. Blair nearly tempted me as well but I'll save it for the next cruise.

A single-day pass for the rainforest room can be booked online but it's very tedious. It makes absolutely zero sense that it's not under spa options. You have to purchase it under "gifts" and download the form, pay by credit card, then send to DCL. The cost is $16 for one plus 18% gratuity. I recently learned that you can also pay over the phone so that's definitely the better option.

If you enjoy going to the spa then I recommend booking the rainforest room for the entire length of the cruise. Here are the latest prices:

3 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $42
3 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $69
3 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $75
3 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $102

4 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $56
4 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $101
4 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $99
4 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $144

They only distribute a certain amount of the cruise-length passes so you need to act fast before they're all gone. I tend to go right to the spa once I'm onboard just to secure my reservation. I hope that helps!

We'll see what happens on this cruise if I'll vlog or not. You've got one more subscriber though! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the info! What is your channel? Would love to check our content too! I'm getting super excited for the cruise! I think we'll head up to the Spa as soon as we get on as you suggested...

I love planning so much lol
Ye I saw that too, I managed to get Remy for pirates night so happy with that!
Would like to do Palo brunch if possible so may try when I get on board, we got a 10.45 arrival time so hopefully that'll help!

You should be fine! Last cruise, and this cruise, we have had to book two separate sessions at Palo brunch because it will only let you book parties of 2 or 4, and then we have to combine on board. You’ll also find they keep a selection of booking slots available for embarkation day booking too! Good luck getting it - maybe we’ll be in there together

I recently learned that you can also pay over the phone so that's definitely the better option.
We’ve always done it that way. Yes, we get international charge on the card, but it’s easier than getting charge and having to find, send and pay for international fax as well!

I'm getting super excited for the cruise! I think we'll head up to the Spa as soon as we get on as you suggested...
it’s getting closer! Well probably head up to the spa for the raffle if they have one - I won a $50 voucher on our Xmas cruise!

Hey Everyone! I hope everybody is doing well and having a great summer.

Look what came in the mail today! The real countdown begins now. Check your mail because you should be getting your documents very soon if you haven't already.

Not much new to report on my end cruise-wise, but I did switch my MDR time from first seating to second.

Hey Everyone! I hope everybody is doing well and having a great summer.
Winter has been freezing, quite literally. We had ice on the ground! Hopefully the warm summer days are on the way, although please not too many at 50c+

Look what came in the mail today! The real countdown begins now. Check your mail because you should be getting your documents very soon if you haven't already.
Good to know, but won’t hold my breath that it will arrive before we leave. Snail mail is slow at the best of times, but those snails really don’t like the water!

Not much new to report on my end cruise-wise, but I did switch my MDR time from first seating to second.
We are always second seating. I think they see party of adults and automatically assign us 2nd sitting. Which is fine with us - we usually eat late, and appreciate the reduced number of children in the MDR!

Hey is it too late to join a fish extender group? On a quick learning curve for this. First time Disney cruise.
Welcome to the thread. Apologies for the delay but we are already on vacation. We actually do not have a DisBoards FE group set up here to join. We wanted to do one, but there was little/no interest. Have a nice cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!