Disney Dreams

LinK

Wishes do come true!!
Over the weekend my 12 year old son Dan came into the room and out of the blue wanted to know how the cast members choose the individuals to give the dreams to. We were at Disney last year and will be going this year. Is there a helpful hints on to get picked. I was thinking maybe make eye contact with a CM that looks like they are looking around at or for someone.

Any other ideas? Thanks, Linda Kaufman from PA:love:

Unfortunately, I don't think the front line cast members (or even the Dream Squad, for that matter) have a bit of say in who gets chosen. From what I've read/heard, all the winners are chosen by computer. A pre-selected spot is chosen for a certain time. For example, the person on the left in the back row on ToT at 11:35 am. So, it's completely up to luck and the fates and what have you.

The only advice I can offer is to take a CM up on the offer if they suggest that you really need to enter an attraction (especially the less-popular ones) as that might be an indication that they are getting ready to give out a group reward like Dream Ears, Lanyards, or Fast Passes.

I think it is mostly "luck of the draw".

We got FP on Primeval Whirl early in the am. Just right time/right place kinda thing. We got a couple of the tinkerbell trading pins. I think that CMs just give these out whenever they feel. My kids had trading lanyards and we shared with the CM that it was her first trade and he gave her a pin. The other time we got one from the bag check CM at the front.

Even if they weren't the "big" dreams, they really helped make the day special.

Just FYI only 2 in our party rode Primevil Whirl but the dream team said if we brought the rest of the party to them, that they could get FPs, also.

Good luck!

We've been "gifted' a couple of times and each time it was a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
In December my wife and I got super fast passes at Disney Studios- actually everyone got one who went into Art of Animation when we entered.
in September, our grandkids were chosen to open the Animal Kingdom because we were near the front of the line befroe the park opened. They got certificates and got special seating at Lion King Festival Show.
There appear to no rules about getting picked other than being in the parks early (otherwise dream fastpasses aren't that valuable) and often (increase your chances).
You might consider wearing a sign that says "Will Work for Dream Giveaways!"

The only advice I can offer is to take a CM up on the offer if they suggest that you really need to enter an attraction (especially the less-popular ones) as that might be an indication that they are getting ready to give out a group reward like Dream Ears, Lanyards, or Fast Passes.

Interesting....I will keep that in mind this fall. I never win anything but maybe my husband will :)

The best advice I can give you for winning a prize in the YOMD promotion is to get to the parks early and ride and experience as many attractions as possible.

Most of the dreams are handed out between 9:30AM and 12:30PM; fast passes, dream ears, and dream lanyards, etc. The castle winners will usually be chosen between 10:30 and 12:30. Since they are in the 3:00PM parade they need to hand out this prize early to allow time to make arrangements for the family if necessary.

I've heard no dream prizes are handed out after 5:00PM.

When we got dream FP in Sept, they told us we were just in the right place at the right time. They were just standing behind the Innoventions building and whoever walked by got one.

I honestly have no idea. :confused3 Maybe not be seen with me?:lmao:

In two vacations nothing. In 2007, we had one team member chat us up about our matching t-shirts, asked how many in our party we said 5 and she told us to have a magical day and we never saw her again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter