Disney Emoji Blitz

Wow! I got Rey when I finally got to the diamond box prize (level 25 I think?). But I got to that point using Santa Hat Mickey. I think it was better with Mickey. I've been lucky to get 2-3 lightsabers with Rey (so doubled that's 4-6) and sometimes just 1, but with Santa Hat Mickey I was easily getting 6-8 lightsabers most rounds. I'm struggling through these last few rounds using Rey and thinking I may just go back to Mickey.

I definitely feel like this challenge has been harder, with fewer lightsabers on the board. I can clear the boards, but that doesn't matter much if there aren't any lightsabers to collect. I'm glad it has longer duration so I'll be able to finish. The only reason I got this far already was a glitch in the free spin much of Saturday and I could just keep spinning to collect a ton of lives to keep playing.
Well, let me be clear. It’s Rey getting 2x the collected amount but it’s also using a 2x power-up for extra drops to collect. A double upgrade.

That only lasted till I was out of the 2x power-ups. Now I’ve moved to B.B.-8 to try and get through this.

Santa Mickey is probably better when I’m only getting 2-3 without him. Maybe a wash most games since they aren’t doubled.

I made it to box 25 and have decided I'm probably done with this challenge. Between two boxes I got both Rey and Kylo Ren. With gems I got Finn and BB8.

I read that later this month there will be another key collection challenge. Hopefully the Christmas challenge is better, assuming there is one.

This is what I have seen as far as start dates for upcoming events:

Nov 13 Super Charge Sale - these I don't buy
Nov 14 Little Mermaid Diamond box with King Triton - If this is like last time, save your coins and max out Ariel, Sebastian and Flounder. Then you are guaranteed Triton when you buy a diamond box.
Nov 14 Little Mermaid Collection Group is added
Nov 17 Magic Key Event
Nov 20 Muppets Diamond Box Event

I am really hoping that they bring back a Santa Mickey event in December. He is fairly awesome and being able to level him up would be great.

Glad to find others are finding this event slow-going! I've earned Rey, but find using her tricky and I'm still only collecting one two three lightsabers per game.

Last edited:
I'm just glad they made gems easier on the wheel. Free to Play is difficult without gathering those for diamond boxes. I can buy a diamond box every 2 events it seems.

I’ve been playing this game for a few months. It’s fun but I have some questions.

Do all of you buy your gems? It’s really slow going on earning them. Any advise?

Secondly, are you getting the Star Wars characters in the event chests? I just finished level 11 and all I get is coins and extra lives.

I’ve been playing this game for a few months. It’s fun but I have some questions.

Do all of you buy your gems? It’s really slow going on earning them. Any advise?

Secondly, are you getting the Star Wars characters in the event chests? I just finished level 11 and all I get is coins and extra lives.
You only get the Star Wars characters in the diamond box and Kyle ren in the purple box. Gold and silver boxes would be other charachters. Chests would be other prizes.

Try playing all your free spins and even watching the short ads and spinning extra times (about every hour). That will slowly build your gems.

Finally finished SW! Earned/bought everyone but Finn. Unfortunately not enough gems to purchase another diamond box.

i Just finished SW as well. I was wondering if I’d be able to so I’m very happy that I was. I ended up earning/buying all the characters with the minimum number of diamond boxes. I’ve also noticed I’ve stopped getting duplicate emojis in my gold box too. Is it possible that with the last update they changed it and we now will get duplicates minimally?

You only get the Star Wars characters in the diamond box and Kyle ren in the purple box. Gold and silver boxes would be other charachters. Chests would be other prizes.

Try playing all your free spins and even watching the short ads and spinning extra times (about every hour). That will slowly build your gems.
So, I have to buy gold and silver boxes to try to get the other characters? Or are they the ones on the challenge starting at 20?

Outside of an event, the only way to get new emoji characters is to purchase the Silver or Gold Boxes (10,000 and 30,000 coins, respectively). During an event, often times (but not always) one of the prizes is a Gold or Silver box. There are also Diamond and Purple boxes - these are special. A Diamond Box can be purchased for gems (200 gems each) and usually only contains a few emojis as possible outcomes. A Purple box is only available as part of a Villians event and must be earned as a reward for completing parts of the event.

For the Star Wars event, there is one Diamond Box and three Purple Boxes as possible prizes. All other prizes are Chests, which yield coins, gems, power-ups, or lives. The Diamond Box will yield either BB-8, Finn, or Rey. So if you want all three of the new Star Wars emojis, you'll need to purchase at least two Diamond Boxes (remember, it's random which emoji you get from the box, so it's possible to get the same one more than once). The Purple Box will yield Kylo Ren (if you get all three purple boxes, then you'll have fully leveled him up to Level 2 by the end).

These are what the Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests look like (these yield power-ups, lives, coins, gems):
upload_2017-11-10_8-49-44.pngupload_2017-11-10_8-43-8.pngupload_2017-11-10_8-42-36.png

These are what the Silver, Gold, Diamond, and Purple boxes look like (these yield emojis):
upload_2017-11-10_8-44-16.pngupload_2017-11-10_8-50-44.pngupload_2017-11-10_8-50-18.png

I've bought a few gems, but not a ton. As an android user, I participate in the Google Opinion surveys, that give you free google play credit - which can be used to buy gems.

So, I have to buy gold and silver boxes to try to get the other characters? Or are they the ones on the challenge starting at 20?

I've been playing for quite a while, but have never bought (real money) anything. I play for free and just cope with what I can earn. You'll earn coins in each game. 15,000 coins and you can open a silver box for a new emoji character (or power-up a silver emoji that you already have). 30,000 coins and you can open a gold box for a new emoji (or power-up). As PP mentioned, the purple villain boxes are only available in a villain challenge. The only diamond boxes that I've ever opened have been won by playing challenges. I have only once managed to collect enough gems needed to open a diamond box (200) -- and I realize that's due to my playing strategy (well, DD's playing strategy, she uses them for boosts as quickly as I can earn them). Diamond box emoji's change fairly regularly, and sometimes an emoji starts in a diamond box and then becomes available as a gold box.

You can spend money and purchase gems, which in turn can be used to "buy" coins or lives or boosts, and coins can be used to purchase silver or gold emoji boxes.

I finally made it to level 20 on the SW challenge. I spent nearly every coin I had at the end trying to get double items (light sabers) and I spent 30 gems to get 5 extra lives with 25 minutes left to play. I got Kylo Ren. At his current Power 1 level he's not all that. Oh well.

There is also a Coro event. It runs Nov 22-27. The main character, his dog and one of the dead guys are the 3 emoji that will be available. It looks like all will be gold after the event. I don't know if they will be like the Star Wars emojis and have to be purchased in a diamond box to show up as a gold later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!