Disney Fantasy December 23, 2017 (Western Caribbean)

Meteorain

Earning My Ears
Hi, we’re Darrell & Amanda. We just booked this cruise today. We will be travelling with our two kids who will be 9 and 6 when we sail. My parents will be travelling with us as well. I think the kids will really enjoy the two stops in Castaway Cay. We are all experienced cruisers except for my kids who took their first and only cruise so far just over a year ago. This will be the first Disney cruise and the first Christmas cruise that any of us have taken. We've heard great things about the Disney cruises and we can't wait to experience it ourselves. Let the planning begin!

Thank you,
Darrell

HI Darrell, Amada & Family! :) I went ahead and put up my deposit before my hold expired so my husband and I are tentatively on this cruise with you. I have wanted to do an xmas cruise for years and this one would mean zero vacation days used which would make my husband very happy, but we are going to have to watch our budget over the next year to make this a reality! Fingers crossed! :rolleyes1:santa:

Welcome aboard! We look forward to getting to know you better. Christmas on the high seas will be a very different experience for us. We're from Canada so we're used to a lot of white on the ground at Christmas.

Welcome aboard! We look forward to getting to know you better. Christmas on the high seas will be a very different experience for us. We're from Canada so we're used to a lot of white on the ground at Christmas.

That would be amazing... snow is very uncommon in Portland, OR - we will sometimes get a little in Jan or Feb but usually not much and it is gone within a day or two. Ice is a whole different story...! We get far more ice than snow. :headache:

We did go up and spend new years' with my husband's relatives in Nelson, BC a few years ago and that was amazing..! So much snow as you said and we even got to go in a horse drawn open sleigh ride complete with jingle bells. I would love to do that again!

Husband just told me he signed us up for this cruise. Very excited for the double dip. We love Christmas on the cruise.

Husband just told me he signed us up for this cruise. Very excited for the double dip. We love Christmas on the cruise.

Ooo, have you done it before? Have any tips for us? :D I haven't told my husband yet... I alluded to it the other night over dinner and he seems to want to so I think he will be very happy when I spill the beans.

Oh, have you done it before? We have just been weighing up doing the 3-night/4-night over the Christmas week from PC on the Dream, and then realised there was this one for 7-nights! There was only something like $100 difference in it for our particular family, so we are tempted now to look at this one. What would you say @rjmom34? Any tips? Any information to help plan a Christmas cruise?

UPDATE 10/10/17: DisBoards FE group up and running now: https://www.disboards.com/threads/fe-group-only-fantasy-23rd-december-2017.3638030/

Last edited:
Hi all,

We are Don and Sonia. We are booked for this cruise too! Our girls will be 16 and 13 at the time of this one. This is our 3rd Fantasy cruise, the last one being over 2015 New Years and we are also from Canada.

Can't wait.. Just another year and a half to go.. Ha ha!

We just got back From the Disney Dream and we went ahead and booked this cruise on board (as planned). Can't wait to experience a Christmas one! We have done two cruises (all Disney): Halloween on the High Seas, and then a normal one. We missed HOTHS 2016 by one sailing - they were decorating as soon as we docked and the ship was cleared in the morning.

Christmas time is the only time we have not really done at Disney, so we are all really looking forward to this one! And grateful to be out of the parks during one of the busiest times. Of course, the ship is going to be way busier than normal, but still, there are only so many people on board! :)

We are excited to be on this Christmas cruise, our second cruise but first Christmas one! Our daughters will be ages 10 and 9. We are looking forward to participating in a fish extender exchange!

Hi All!! Just paid our deposit today! Our second disney cruise so excited! Our children will be 15, 12 and 10. Were also traveling with extended family. Probably end up with a group of 10! So looking forward to the fish extender exchange also :)

Hi!! My name is Vivienne and my husband is Tam. We have 3 girls (2, 4, & 6). We just got off the Disney on the High Seas for Halloween in the Bahamas. And we loved it!! So... I went ahead and booked our next one. it was our first cruise and it was awesome. Hoping the weather is nice during December and I'm looking forward to participating in the fish extender exchange. I just need some info on it please. Thank you!!

Wow, I haven't been to this thread for a while. We just got back from a Transatlantic cruise from Rome to Miami on Celebrity Reflection which was taking all my focus. The Disney Fantasy cruise is our next big trip so I will be paying much more attention moving forward. Welcome to all the new folks who have joined in the last few months! I'm glad to see we're getting some activity in this thread. Only 411 days to go...

Don and Sonia, where in Canada are you from? We live in Calgary.

-Darrell

Hi!! My name is Vivienne and my husband is Tam. We have 3 girls (2, 4, & 6). We just got off the Disney on the High Seas for Halloween in the Bahamas. And we loved it!! So... I went ahead and booked our next one. it was our first cruise and it was awesome. Hoping the weather is nice during December and I'm looking forward to participating in the fish extender exchange. I just need some info on it please. Thank you!!
Hi Vivienne, can I ask how you went with your 2yr old on the last cruise, I am trying to convince my husband to take our daughter on a Disney cruise next year and he thinks it is a waste because she won't remember it etc... Any info about how your little one coped would be great

Hi all! We are Pat and Debbie, mom and daughter from Houston. Booked this cruise yesterday while onboard the Wonder. Very Merrytime cruises are are so much fun!

Hello Everyone! Marc, Jen, and two kids and we just booked this sailing. This will be the first cruise of any kind for all of us. My wife has been researching fish extenders and we'd be very interested in joining that once it gets started.

Hi fellow travelers! My name is Erika and I am sailing with my husband, Brian and our two kids (17, 15), my sister, her husband and two kids (8, 6), and my mom. Looking forward to this as this is our first Disney Cruise and think it will be a blast celebrating Christmas in the Caribbean with Disney!

Hi everyone!
My name is Amanda and I'll be sailing with my husband, our son (6), my parent-in-laws, and my sister-in-law. This is our first Disney cruise, and the first ever cruise for my me and my son. We've been doing a lot of research and heard about the fish extenders. What an awesome thing! Just curious - are any of you planning bringing Christmas presents on board? We are planning on waiting to surprise my son the day we leave so I'm not sure what to do about Christmas presents.
So excited to travel with you all!

Wow, so many people already! This is going to be a very exciting cruise! I know it's a long way off, but I also know a lot of Dissers are planners :) We normally have a car, so drive to Port Canaveral; this year, because the parks will be busy for xmas, we are saving the car hire until after we return from the cruise. So, I am wondering how everyone else is getting to the port? We like to have early port arrival times so cruise line bus transfer is not really an option. We are looking at getting a private shuttle to the port, maybe a town car... maybe a bus/coach... if anyone's interested ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts