Disney Fantasy December 23, 2017 (Western Caribbean)

This is our 4th Disney cruise..the second time on the Fantasy. Our girls will both be 13 at the time of the cruise. We are going all out this year and adding the park over New Years. We have not been to the park yet and we hear the holiday celebration at Disney World is out of this world. This is our first time trying out the fish extender thing. Any suggestions or advise? I am not sure how to get that started. :) Very excited to go.

This is our 4th Disney cruise..the second time on the Fantasy. Our girls will both be 13 at the time of the cruise. We are going all out this year and adding the park over New Years. We have not been to the park yet and we hear the holiday celebration at Disney World is out of this world.

We are doing WDW before and after the cruise too, so we can enjoy the holiday festivities! We don't generally do Christmas, so will be the first time for us really experiencing the Disney Holiday Season celebrations. I think we are all in for an interesting holiday experience!

Jacobson's said:
This is our first time trying out the fish extender thing. Any suggestions or advise? I am not sure how to get that started. :) Very excited to go.
I was in charge of our FE group on our last cruise (and happy to do it again if no one else is!), and I think I opened the FE group sign-up about 6months out from the cruise date, with a closing date of one month before the cruise. I would suggest an early close date (maybe 2months) for the Xmas cruise, as it's a busy time and a potentially large FE group can make communication and organisation tricky.

In order to join the FE group, I suggest you keep a close eye on this thread. :) Sometimes the 'meet' thread will combine 'meet and greet' activities, general cruise discussions/questions, and the FE group. However, sometimes the FE group registration information will be moved to a separate thread. Our first cruise, the meet/FE threads were in one and it got a little confusing sometimes but still worked; our second cruise was two separate threads, and worked really well - we discussed questions/ideas/excursions in one, and FE stuff in the other :)

Anyway, welcome to the cruise thread! See you on board in just over 10 months time :)

Hi,
How do we sign up for the fish extender activities? There will be four of us on this cruise.

Sorry getting used to this chat room. We're in for the fish extender. From what Twilight Terror is saying, I don't think there is a thread yet. Will we be alerted when there is a thread? First DC! Soooo excited!

We are excited to be on this Christmas cruise, our second cruise but first Christmas one! Our daughters will be ages 10 and 9. We are looking forward to participating in a fish extender exchange!
We're excited about the fish extender exchange as well. Especially during Christmas. Just like secret Santa!

Hi everyone!
My name is Amanda and I'll be sailing with my husband, our son (6), my parent-in-laws, and my sister-in-law. This is our first Disney cruise, and the first ever cruise for my me and my son. We've been doing a lot of research and heard about the fish extenders. What an awesome thing! Just curious - are any of you planning bringing Christmas presents on board? We are planning on waiting to surprise my son the day we leave so I'm not sure what to do about Christmas presents.
So excited to travel with you all!
I'm also wondering about the Christmas presents.

Last edited:
Sorry getting used to this chat room. We're in for the fish extender. From what Twilight Terror is saying, I don't think there is a thread yet. Will we be alerted when there is a thread? First DC! Soooo excited!

You are correct. No one has officially taken lead or started the FE list for this cruise yet. It will either happen directly in this thread or, if a new thread is created, then a link will be posted here. So, keep watching and share your excitement for December. :thumbsup2:sail:

Howdy everyone! We just booked this cruise & are super excited for the double dip on Castaway Cay! It will be hubby & I with our 15 y/o daughter & 12 y/o son. I saw a few people ask what others are planning for presents. We will leave presents at home for after Christmas.....the cruise is their big present anyway!

Just signed up for this cruise Me, hubby, and two kids. Daughter age 13 at time of sailing, son age 11 at time of sailing. First Disney cruise. Yay!

Hey everyone! John and Maria here! We will be sailing again with our son, 21, and daughter, 15. We sailed this last Christmas, and just re booked. I can help answer questions about the Christmas-y part--it was wonderful!
I'm also heading over to the FB group to sign in!

Do we need to sign up for the FB page as well? I'm a newbie, so I'm not sure. I thought there would be more posting, but maybe we're still a ways out. Can't wait though!

ok so I've been on the FB site for this cruise. the fish extender group started there is too large for me. 15 people per group. I'm flying and wont have that much room. I, and two other families, recently stated we would like to get one started with a group of 10 or lower. we have three...just need two more families to make 5, or obviously, 7 more families to make 10. it doesn't really matter, just would rather not go over 10. Actually, I prefer a lower number, 5 is just fine with me! anyway, I'm on the FB group...Jamie Johnson. if you want to pm on FB that's fine too. We can add anyone if you think this sounds goof for you! Can't wait!

ok so I've been on the FB site for this cruise. the fish extender group started there is too large for me. 15 people per group. I'm flying and wont have that much room. I, and two other families, recently stated we would like to get one started with a group of 10 or lower. we have three...just need two more families to make 5, or obviously, 7 more families to make 10. it doesn't really matter, just would rather not go over 10. Actually, I prefer a lower number, 5 is just fine with me! anyway, I'm on the FB group...Jamie Johnson. if you want to pm on FB that's fine too. We can add anyone if you think this sounds goof for you! Can't wait!

We'll join the group. I don't have a FB page. I'm wondering if I need to create an account just to see what's happening. What do you think?

We'll join the group. I don't have a FB page. I'm wondering if I need to create an account just to see what's happening. What do you think?
I would def join! They are talking about so many things not just fish extender there's an ornament exchange and Mixology group a meet-and-greet it's easier to follow than this. And I can add you to our fish extender move on there if you like. I did not make our group public on there yet. Was just discussing it with two other people but the other person started a Google Document for it

Hi! We are coming for our 2nd Fantasy cruise...can't wait. It is my me, my husband and son who will be 7.5 at time of travel. If anyone is traveling with similar age children, please let us know! My son welcomes making new friends.

:santa::santa::santa:WE are a family of three, husband, 21 year old daughter, and me. I am so excited to be on a Disney cruise ship at sea on Christmas. I also think that getting to be on Castaway Cay twice is amazing.

Hi All,
We recently decided to book this cruise and I'm beyond excited! This will be our 4th Disney cruise, 3rd on the fantasy, but our first time being away from our house for Christmas! We have an 11 year old daughter and 8 year old son that we plan on surprising with the cruise sometime in December. Cannot wait to join the FB page as well!
Take care,
Emily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!