Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise September 22nd

tiffany polito

halloweengirl13
I noticed that a meetup hadn't been organized yet for this cruise so I thought I would get the party started! Our family has done 2 cruises on the Dream before and LOVED them but now we are excited to cruise for a whole week on the Fantasy, see some of the Eastern Caribbean and hopefully meet new friends. I think I have watched a million YouTube videos already from past cruisers to help figure out which Port Adventures to sign up for! If anyone is interested in putting together a FE group they are so much fun!!

Hi! I'm going to be on this cruise too.
Very excited, it's my very first cruise and I'll be doing a solo trip.
The fish extender sounds fun. I'm probably no good at setting one up since I have no experience whatsoever.
Looking forward to hearing about other cruisers plans. I was thinking about the zip line excursion and the baths.

Hey there! Welcome to Disney cruising!! it's awesome. Truly magical from start to finish. I went ahead and checked out all the excursions too so when we are able to book them I know just what we want to do. One thing that really helped me was to go to youtube and type in the disney cruise and the name of the excursion. You won't believe how many people upload their videos or vlog about their trips! it gave me a very good idea of what I definitely was interested in and what I thought I might pass on. One thing that really stuck out to me about the caves that I saw REPEATEDLY was that people said the waterway journey to get to the baths is very very rough and expect to get sea sick. People had recommendations on where to sit on the boat to try to minimize this but I knew right away that could be a problem for my son. Then when I saw the videos of the baths I realized it is very adventuresome to get too. Lots of climbing, tight squeezes, definitely need to be fit. I undergo my third (and hopefully final) disc fusion in my back this July so our cruise would put me just a little past a year from that. Although I hope to be good as new, I knew this was just too much. We are looking at a few scuba/beach options, one involves a pirate ship that I know will just make my son get excited. We would like to check out one of the islands possibly but from what I have seen online unless you are really looking for a lot of duty free deals there isn't much else on St. Thomas to draw us in. We just want to see some tropical paradise and enjoy family. Hopefully make some new mouse ear friends too!

The FE (fish extenders) is so much fun. You pick the night that works best for you and channel your inner Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, the Blue Fairy and go drop off a gift in the pockets of our boat mates that introduce themselves here and let us know they would like to be involved. It's so much fun because you never know which night of the cruise a family is dropping off goodies to you. When we get lots of families on this board someone who had managed it before will probably volunteer to organize it. You typically let them know a few things about yourself other than your room number such as Disney Characters you love. It lets other families try to personalize their gift to you if possible. We didn't do it on our first cruise but did on our second. You only have to drop off gifts one night. I wish I knew that last time. I thought you had to bring gifts for each room for every night. And I went all out. I had a gift for every family member. I had a huge duffel just for FE gifts. It's those little details sometimes it's good to have.....

Welcome to the cruise!!

Tiffany

There is a Facebook group already set up for this cruise if you want to join. Search for Disney Fantasy-September 22-29, 2018.

Thank you!! I just made a request to be let in. The only forum I have ever used is here. Hope to meet you all soon!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
And the useful information. I'll be sure to check out the shore excursions on YouTube.
I'm so excited I've already started to make my door magnets

We just returned from the 9/23/2017 seven day sailing on the Fantasy and booked the 9/22/18 cruise while on board. We were looking forward to the 3 days at sea but because of Irma, they switched the cruise to a Western. Still had a great time although the weather didn't cooperate as much. Looking forward to the next cruise!

Just got back from 4 night on dream, it was our first FE exchange. Kids loved doing it. Can't wait for this one. Is there some one already setting up FE? (not volunteering)

Hi Everyone
We have just booked this cruise on The Magic doing the WBTA from Barcelona to New York - it was a fantastic cruise.
We have sailed on The Fantasy before and loved this ship too so decided to book one on this ship again. Also loved the idea of doing a Halloween cruise. There is my husband, 20 year old daughter and myself. We are from the UK and the UK don't celebrate Halloween as good as the US although it is becoming more popular so we are looking forward to the Halloween fun onboard. This will also be our first Gold Cruise.
I love doing the FE but do not feel I would be up to organising it.
However I would be happy to organise a magnet exchange if people were interested? Let me know what you think and I could start putting something together but this would be the first time I've done anything like this!!

Hi Everyone
We have just booked this cruise on The Magic doing the WBTA from Barcelona to New York - it was a fantastic cruise.
We have sailed on The Fantasy before and loved this ship too so decided to book one on this ship again. Also loved the idea of doing a Halloween cruise. There is my husband, 20 year old daughter and myself. We are from the UK and the UK don't celebrate Halloween as good as the US although it is becoming more popular so we are looking forward to the Halloween fun onboard. This will also be our first Gold Cruise.
However I would be happy to organise a magnet exchange if people were interested? Let me know what you think and I could start putting something together but this would be the first time I've done anything like this!!
Welcome to our cruise! Question - the WBTA cruise you were on - was the hurricane bearing down on you as you got closer to the US? I was on the Fantasy 9/23 - 9/30 and they kept showing the position of the Magic as it approached the US and I thought it was close to the storm?

Hi Everyone
By the way, Halloween on the Disney Cruise is awesome for both kids and adults.

Welcome to our cruise! Question - the WBTA cruise you were on - was the hurricane bearing down on you as you got closer to the US? I was on the Fantasy 9/23 - 9/30 and they kept showing the position of the Magic as it approached the US and I thought it was close to the storm?
Hi
We had to abort our stop to Newfoundland which ended up us having 4 days at sea and arriving in New York a day early. We had 2 days and nights where we were swinging from side to side but they told us only one of the days was due to Maria and the other was due to another storm out at sea but we had beautiful warm days, sea was just a bit choppy.

Our forum is quiet. I know there is 338 days to go but it will be here before you know it. Any Concierge guests?

I am super excited thinking about this cruise and just wish it was sooner!! :) I have joined the Facebook group also, and I have signed up for an FE group. I have been looking at port excursions, but I have no idea which ones to choose! We did the western on the Fantasy in September 2016. It was also a Halloween cruise. We had so much fun! My daughter and I did BBB for Pirate Night and had a blast together. And I loved the special dinner at Remy for just my husband and me. I can't wait until we can start booking things!! I enjoy thinking about this cruise so much. haha! It is going to be wonderful!

I am super excited thinking about this cruise and just wish it was sooner!! :) I have joined the Facebook group also, and I have signed up for an FE group. I have been looking at port excursions, but I have no idea which ones to choose! We did the western on the Fantasy in September 2016. It was also a Halloween cruise. We had so much fun! My daughter and I did BBB for Pirate Night and had a blast together. And I loved the special dinner at Remy for just my husband and me. I can't wait until we can start booking things!! I enjoy thinking about this cruise so much. haha! It is going to be wonderful!
We did the September 23rd 2017 Disey cruise and it was awesome. That cruise was originally scheduled to be an Eastern but because of Irma, it was rescheduled. I had all my excursions picked out and reserved, then had to change them all. The things you list in your post are great - FE exchange, Remy, Halloween Pirates night. We booked the 9/22/18 cruise while on board.

Hello, My wife (36) and I (35) booked back in June. It’s just the to of us, second time on the Fantasy. We are really looking forward to it. We did dress up for Pirate Night last time, will again on this one. Plus nothing is better than to dress up for to for Halloween.

Tip: Not trying to brag, but we did pay off our cruise already using Disney Gift cards from Sams Club, just a little tip to save some dough.

Hello, My wife (36) and I (35) booked back in June. It’s just the to of us, second time on the Fantasy. We are really looking forward to it. We did dress up for Pirate Night last time, will again on this one. Plus nothing is better than to dress up for to for Halloween.

Tip: Not trying to brag, but we did pay off our cruise already using Disney Gift cards from Sams Club, just a little tip to save some dough.
Hi JP and welcome to our thread. It's just wifey and me also. We dress up for Halloween, wife as Belle and me a prince. Good job paying off the cruise already. How does the gift card thing work?

Hey there! Welcome to Disney cruising!! it's awesome. Truly magical from start to finish. I went ahead and checked out all the excursions too so when we are able to book them I know just what we want to do. One thing that really helped me was to go to youtube and type in the disney cruise and the name of the excursion. You won't believe how many people upload their videos or vlog about their trips! it gave me a very good idea of what I definitely was interested in and what I thought I might pass on. One thing that really stuck out to me about the caves that I saw REPEATEDLY was that people said the waterway journey to get to the baths is very very rough and expect to get sea sick. People had recommendations on where to sit on the boat to try to minimize this but I knew right away that could be a problem for my son. Then when I saw the videos of the baths I realized it is very adventuresome to get too. Lots of climbing, tight squeezes, definitely need to be fit. I undergo my third (and hopefully final) disc fusion in my back this July so our cruise would put me just a little past a year from that. Although I hope to be good as new, I knew this was just too much. We are looking at a few scuba/beach options, one involves a pirate ship that I know will just make my son get excited. We would like to check out one of the islands possibly but from what I have seen online unless you are really looking for a lot of duty free deals there isn't much else on St. Thomas to draw us in. We just want to see some tropical paradise and enjoy family. Hopefully make some new mouse ear friends too!

The FE (fish extenders) is so much fun. You pick the night that works best for you and channel your inner Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, the Blue Fairy and go drop off a gift in the pockets of our boat mates that introduce themselves here and let us know they would like to be involved. It's so much fun because you never know which night of the cruise a family is dropping off goodies to you. When we get lots of families on this board someone who had managed it before will probably volunteer to organize it. You typically let them know a few things about yourself other than your room number such as Disney Characters you love. It lets other families try to personalize their gift to you if possible. We didn't do it on our first cruise but did on our second. You only have to drop off gifts one night. I wish I knew that last time. I thought you had to bring gifts for each room for every night. And I went all out. I had a gift for every family member. I had a huge duffel just for FE gifts. It's those little details sometimes it's good to have.....

Welcome to the cruise!!

Tiffany

Welcome to the cruise!!

Tiffany

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!