Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise September 22nd

We are flying in from Seattle on Thursday, spend two nights at VGF and have decided to try the Disney transfer to get to the port this time. It's supposed to be a stress-free vacay, but not knowing when they pick you up in the morning... realizing I have control issues. :rolleyes1
My daughter,her hubby and friends stay at the animal kingdom and use disney . They love not having to worry about luggage.
We are staying at all stars movies the night before.

My daughter,her hubby and friends stay at the animal kingdom and use disney . They love not having to worry about luggage.
We are staying at all stars movies the night before.

We love AKL! We'll be there for ten days after the cruise. Our daughter and two of her friends will join us for the park portion. We're really excited for one her friends. She hasn't been to WDW since she was about 10...nearly 20 years ago.

We are flying in from Seattle on Thursday, spend two nights at VGF and have decided to try the Disney transfer to get to the port this time. It's supposed to be a stress-free vacay, but not knowing when they pick you up in the morning... realizing I have control issues. :rolleyes1
Welcome! We've used the Disney transfers several times and it is a breeze. Just bring your "day bag" with you and never worry about anything except watching the videos onboard the bus.

Have you seen Tropical Storm Beryl? Heading right for Tortola and St Maarten. hopefully it will stay a storm and hopefully not turn and hit us in South Florida!

We like to watch the weather channel so I did see it. They talked about "United States interest" Do you know if that includes Tortola and St. Martin usually? Will be praying for sure!
Sally

Lol. They could have just said Puerto Rico than. Hope you enjoyed your 4th. We spent it with family

Have you seen Tropical Storm Beryl? Heading right for Tortola and St Maarten. hopefully it will stay a storm and hopefully not turn and hit us in South Florida!
Will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you in Florida as well as those on the Caribbean islands.

Good news, Beryl is falling apart and looks like it will become a rain storm tomorrow. Now, let's hope it stays that way through September!

Last edited:
Hi All!! My husband and i are on this cruise! Just want to say HI. We are Mike and Terry. This is our second Disney cruise, but we have been cruising for 30 years. We like Disney because it reminds us of all the cruise lines 25-30 years ago, they all had good food, great service, wonderful entertainment, and soda was included!! Things have changed! But so glad to see it on disney. And of course i grew up on disney. But anyway, any body want to get together on the sailing to meet each other? :sail:

Hi All!! My husband and i are on this cruise! Just want to say HI. We are Mike and Terry. This is our second Disney cruise, but we have been cruising for 30 years. We like Disney because it reminds us of all the cruise lines 25-30 years ago, they all had good food, great service, wonderful entertainment, and soda was included!! Things have changed! But so glad to see it on disney. And of course i grew up on disney. But anyway, any body want to get together on the sailing to meet each other? :sail:
Welcome to the thread, and welcome to the DIS! It's always good to see someone post on this thread. I was wondering myself if anyone had thought about a disboard meeting sometime early in the cruise maybe on embarkation day. I'm sure DW and I would like to make that and meet some folks.

Yes, welcome! Randy and Cathie here. We love DCL for the same reason, a more "elegant or classic" ship and cruise. We love meeting new people and would like to hear about all your cruising experiences. Let's get together on the ship!

Last edited:
Oh now i am even more excited!! Should we all set up a time and place?? After everyone gets settled on board that is. And thanks for the nice welcome!

Oh now i am even more excited!! Should we all set up a time and place?? After everyone gets settled on board that is. And thanks for the nice welcome!
We usually get a drink at Meridians during the Sail Away party (seen that party enough times). That would be about 4:15 or so. If you want to see the party, that's fine. We can get together later that day or at the party. If the first day is too hectic, let me know.

Hi all terry and mike here again! not sure what i am doing wrong but..... sometimes i can log on and sometimes i can not. Soooo today is a good day i am on and logged in!! In case i am not able to log on again here is our cabin number drop us a note as to where and when everyone, anyone wants to get together. Meridians around 4:00 ish on sail away is ok on our part. Just need to find it, this is our first time on fantasy. I will be checking here i just can not always respond. Our cabin is 2013.

Hi all terry and mike here again! not sure what i am doing wrong but..... sometimes i can log on and sometimes i can not. Soooo today is a good day i am on and logged in!! In case i am not able to log on again here is our cabin number drop us a note as to where and when everyone, anyone wants to get together. Meridians around 4:00 ish on sail away is ok on our part. Just need to find it, this is our first time on fantasy. I will be checking here i just can not always respond. Our cabin is 2013.
Hi Mike and Terry. Sorry you're having problems logging in but great news about getting together on the first afternoon! Meridian Bar is located all the way aft (back end of the ship) on deck 12, right between Palo and Remy. We'll watch the sunset as we leave Port Canaveral. Everyone is invited!

Hi everyone!
We aren't first time cruisers but first time DISNEY cruisers looking to book last min on the fantasy on Sept. 22nd out of Port Canaveral. we will be me, my husband and out 2 boys 8 and 3. What do we need to know to make the most of this cruise for our boys? ( my 8 year old is high functioning asd).
They have never been to Disney world ( hoping to do that next year)

Welcome Marni Gold!
My children are adults but I have heard that if they can go to the kids clubs the first night it helps build friendships.
It is Halloween cruise so they can bring a costume for that...you can dress up too!
They also have a pirate night so you can dress up for that also.
If you don't like dressing up ,that's ok too!
There are lots of opportunities to meet characters and have pictures taken. You can get autographs from some of them too.
Anybody else want to add something?

Hi all. My daughter (11) and I just booked this cruise last minute. Pretty much every ticketed event is sold out, but that's okay. This will be our 6th Disney cruise and 2nd time on the Fantasy (also a HOTHS cruise). It was too good of a deal to pass up and we also found the cheapest airfare I've ever seen. My daughter is super excited for 3 sea days. We just did a Med. cruise with only one sea day. We are also excited to go back to Castaway Cay as our last two cruises didn't include it and our one after this won't. (This will be our first time seeing Castaway Cay without Christmas decorations and we've been there 3 times!)

Welcome tlprice! This is our first on the fantasy. It is my third cruise. But some in my group are going on their first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!