Disney Fantasy - September 1, 2018 - Western Caribbean

I was on a DIS group for our last cruise in 2015. It was a fantastic group and I hope the same thing happens here! I like DIS for the continuous conversation. FB feels like a survey all of the time.
:disrocks:

Our first Disney Cruise was a family of 5 vacation on the Dream in April 2011. That was also the first cruise ever for anyone in our family. We've sailed with 2 other cruise lines since, but neither lived up to our first! (For the adults or the kids.)

My DW's birthday is the day we all set sail! So , this trip is just the two of us, as a birthday present for her. Both of us are super excited about our first "us only" voyage!:cheer2:

Our first Disney Cruise was a family of 5 vacation on the Dream in April 2011. That was also the first cruise ever for anyone in our family. We've sailed with 2 other cruise lines since, but neither lived up to our first! (For the adults or the kids.)

My DW's birthday is the day we all set sail! So , this trip is just the two of us, as a birthday present for her. Both of us are super excited about our first "us only" voyage!:cheer2:
:welcome:

can someone explain little on how the group works?
Thanks
Would you like to know about the DISboards or how an FE group works? Things have been fairly quiet here for awhile, but hope that the conversation increases as we get closer!

The FE group please!
Every stateroom has a hook on the wall outside the door (some are shaped like a fish-hence the name). This is part decoration and part message center. The hook is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room.

A Fish Extender (FE) it is something that you hang off the hook.

The FE is a mutual gift exchange you sign up for on your DIS cruise page. Each group for our cruise will be no more than 10 staterooms. You exchange gifts with each stateroom in your group. You can choose to make individual gifts or a gift for the whole stateroom.

Only one gift during the cruise is needed. Some choose to gift on multiple days, but that is completely up to each individual.

All the people in the exchange buy or make items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received!
:thumbsup2

That is an awesome birthday present!:cake: My DH and I hope to cruise Disney someday without the kids, but it is distant for us! After this cruise, we plan on Alaska with the whole family in 2020. After that we may try for a cruise as a couple. Or we may do a SWDAS...:darth:

We will be joining you all on this cruise! My 36th birthday will be on this cruise coincidentally. My son will be 3 by this cruise and will be joining my wife and I.

Counting the days until our honeymoon cruise! This will be our 5th DCL. We've made the Labor Day 4-Night Bahama cruise a tradition for the last few years, so we're excited to do a week long sailing and to explore the Fantasy. It'll be here before we know it!

Counting the days until our honeymoon cruise! This will be our 5th DCL. We've made the Labor Day 4-Night Bahama cruise a tradition for the last few years, so we're excited to do a week long sailing and to explore the Fantasy. It'll be here before we know it!

We will be joining you all on this cruise! My 36th birthday will be on this cruise coincidentally. My son will be 3 by this cruise and will be joining my wife and I.
3 is a great age for a Disney cruise! My youngest was 3 on our first cruise and she loved the kids clubs and splash pad.

Good morning y'all.

I thought II had already posted on here, but see that I haven't. Anyway, my wife and I will be on the cruise too. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise and our 2nd without the kids. The first was a 3-night adult trip to try cruising and celebrate my 40th (9/2011), the 2nd was a 4-night with the kids in 2013, and now this one.

Looking forward to check-in and excursion booking next!

See y'all in roughly...
Screenshot_2018-04-21-07-57-18-1.png

Chad

Good morning y'all.

I thought II had already posted on here, but see that I haven't. Anyway, my wife and I will be on the cruise too. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise and our 2nd without the kids. The first was a 3-night adult trip to try cruising and celebrate my 40th (9/2011), the 2nd was a 4-night with the kids in 2013, and now this one.

Looking forward to check-in and excursion booking next!

See y'all in roughly...
View attachment 318100

Chad

There is starting to be a little more activity around here so it is nice to have you join us! My DH and I want to take a DCL cruise some day without the kids, but for now we are still bringing them along.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!