Disney for Adults Only??

Amyz00

DIS Veteran
Has anyone left their kiddos at home and went to Disney World with just your DH/DW? I want to do this, but would it look bad? My two youngest are nine years apart in age and fight like cats and dogs. It makes for some very unpleasant vacay moments.

I haven't done it yet but my siblings and i are debating doing it for food and wine. The wives seem to feel bad about it overall but the guys look at it as an adult trip.

But we have taken the kids every year for the past 3 years and will take them the same year as food and wine trip so it may be a little different.

Has anyone left their kiddos at home and went to Disney World with just your DH/DW? I want to do this, but would it look bad? My two youngest are nine years apart in age and fight like cats and dogs. It makes for some very unpleasant vacay moments.
I think it's fine to take an adults only trip, however I wonder the ages of the kids. I'd imagine if one of them is pretty young they might be heartbroken being left at home.

Well, there weren’t going to be anymore family vacays for the year, so we booked the trip and are taking our kiddos.:earsgirl::earsboy: I just kept thinking of what a bad mom I would be if we didn’t take them.:worried: Our youngest is 8 while our next kiddo is 17. We will just let Disney work it’s magic!pixiedust:

We do an adults only trip every year, either to WDW or Hawaii, for 5-8 days.

It. Is. Amazing.

You can get so much done without the complaints, whining about being hungry/not liking the food, fighting....it is just great. I love running around and exploring with my DH and doing all the things the kids would complain about. We run around like little kids.Then again we had kids really young so our relationship has always involved our munchkins so we extra appreciate it.

I think that DH and I will eventually do it, but I just couldn’t stop feeling guilty about not taking them. He and I are planning a trip, alone, to Ireland instead. That I can swing.:thumbsup2

I think that DH and I will eventually do it, but I just couldn’t stop feeling guilty about not taking them. He and I are planning a trip, alone, to Ireland instead. That I can swing.:thumbsup2

I will say, the first time we did it when the kids were 2 and 6, we went to Raglan Road for dinner first thing. It was great until the girls doing their dances went and gathered up the little kids in the crowd to come up on stage and dance. I may have cried a bit....

Doing it this fall for F&W. Not sure how it looks to others, but I don't care. Our vacations are our business. Not worried about looking bad to anyone.

I would have teamed up as well.

I don’t mind going places without my kiddos, but the more I thought about it, the more I couldn’t do it without them. However, DH and I do want to go with a group of friends and hit Epcot. We also want to do the DDP and try many other restaurants that we haven’t been to eat at with our kids, such as many of the resort restaurants.

We do F&W trips:dancer::drinking1 all the time, DH and myself, but our sons are older, 31 and 23. We love however taking our family vacations as well!
We just starting doing trips by ourselves when our youngest was away at college. We never had the "luxury" of having parents or inlaws volunteer to stay with the kids while we were raising the kids. If you leave your children to someone that you trust implicitly and they are well taken care of, go ahead and enjoy yourselves. You will come back "refreshed" to deal with the sibling controversy. :goodvibes

No! We are 57 and 60 and love going to Disney. Our oldest daughter has children ages 5 and 8 and they fight like a cat and dog. There is no guilt leaving the kiddos behind.

Maybe next one will be our adult only trip.

I think it would be fine. We go as a family, but we’re all adults now and it’s just as fun as when we were kids!

We would take a family trip one year, and a “just us” trip the next and alternate like that. Now that the kids are adults, it’s mostly “us” trips, BUT...this year one of them is coming with us for F&W Festival. Yay!

We have taken the kids 3 times. Last year my husband looked at me and said "I did not buy you anything for Mother's Day (it was the day before). Work is driving me crazy. Work is driving you crazy. Book just us a trip to Disney". Well who was I to argue. We left the kids (18 and 14 at the time) home and went to Disney without them. It was wonderful. Why feel guilty? Because you are having a good time without them? It's okay. The trip was totally different and much more relaxing without them. We didn't go this year (we were supposed to but we decided to try Niagara Falls instead). We are going next year. All 4 of us. The trip is booked. Go for it! Have a great time!

You can never be too old for Disney. I had my first adult Disney trip this year, and it was really nice. I had more fun in Epcot this year than I ever did when I was younger (you should try the drinking around the world challenge:cool1:). It's definitely a different kind of fun than going with the whole family. Hopefully, you'll get to try it.

My husband and I have been to Disney world a few times alone. A few of our friends are pretty judgemental when they hear we are going which can get kind of annoying. Sometimes it bothers be but mostly I don't care because our trips are so fun once we are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!