Disney for Adults Only??

Honestly, it sounds like such a fun trip! I would have to find a way to tell my kids without making them cry lol

oddly, as i was adding magical express to our upcoming WDW vacation i noticed my wife has booked a room for 2 at ASMusic in early 2019... (i think Marathon week). i know i aint runnin' no marathon... hum...

We did a quick adults-only trip this summer while kids were away at camp. It was great! We only did 2 days in the theme parks. We did plenty of dining and enjoyed just chilling.

Re: guilt. We were going to do a short trip just the 2 of us, and decided on WDW for convenience, since it's a short trip. We had done a big family vacation with the kids just the prior month *and* we also promised them we would take them on a few trips to Disney next year, so they are making out like bandits!

DH and I took our first trip to WDW last October and we left our 3 yo DD at home! We caught the bug BIG TIME and have another trip planned for this November (this time with DD). We're also going to DL in March and we're even considering a trip to Tokyo DL for our 10 year anniversary in 2022! I loved being in MK from rope drop til the kiss good night, something we definitely won't be able to do with DD. We also LOVED the F&W festival! I'm sad we'll be missing it this year, but we're going to shoot for 2019!

I usually go with my Mom without the rest of my siblings. I am the oldest and my mom and I have always been best friends.

Not for me I’m afraid. Can’t imagine being in Disney and not being able to turn to my son to see the magic on his little face. We’re all different I guess.

I do not have kids myself but have taken my niece and nephews to Disney. The trips were much more fun when they became young adults.

I’m an old timer who’s been going to Disney for 25 years. Most trips are just DH and me. Disney is great for adults only trips. When people make comments about our adult trips, I just tell them Disney is a wonderful place that too many folks waste on children.
Yes we had a great time taking our daughter, but our best trips have been just 2 of us.

My girlfriend and I took my son in 2017 and had an absolute blast at Disney World. In 2018, we went by ourselves and had a blast again but the experiences differed as this was an adult trip. We are taking my son again this Summer and it will be a blast again! IMO, I would make sure a trip includes the kids and then a second trip would be fun as an adults only trip. Both trips could be like totally different experiences yet the best time ever.

marmar, we also are old timers and people are shocked that we are going back again, with no grand kids. You can really enjoy just the magic. Disney is for adults also. Stay on the Monorail line have a few drinks dinner at CG. No worries about driving, like being a cruise.

Yes!!! We do this trip one weekend a month with my husband's sister and her husband!

The kids are always devastated that we do this without them.

The kids are 25-42 years old and can buy their own Disney trips!

We do WDW together all the time, and always have a good time. Now that our children are adults, we have gone with them and have had a great time. Much different then when they were kids. We now have two grand daughters and can hardly wait to go back with them soon.

Husband and I went for our honeymoon, and we have no children, nor are we ever planning on having any. It was a great time, and we saw plenty of other adults there without the kids.
I'm the reason he's now a Disney guy (though I'm still crazier than he is), and we're planning another trip for 2021.

My wife and I are taking our first solo trip to WDW this summer to coincide with my birthday. Granted, my kids are older (20/17/14) and totally love WDW and have been many times. When we started talking about our first trip without kids in 23 years, they encouraged us to head to Disney. We are super excited and so are they, probably because the 17 year old is going to pull some Risky Business shenanigans. Lol.

My husband and I went on an adults-only trip back in 2016 and left our girls with friends - they were 12 and 11. It was such a great trip for many reasons and I don't regret a moment of it. We are going again this September and taking them with us this time are bringing them with us.

I can't seem to convince my wife because she'll feel bad about leaving the kid. Maybe when our daughter is a bit older (she's 2)? When she's a teen, I'm betting she won't want to go with us to Disney for a few years.

Husband and I went for our honeymoon, and we have no children, nor are we ever planning on having any. It was a great time, and we saw plenty of other adults there without the kids.
I'm the reason he's now a Disney guy (though I'm still crazier than he is), and we're planning another trip for 2021.
UPDATE: My mom just invited husband and myself to go to Orlando with her and her friend in October <3 DISNEY HERE WE COME.

Guess it depends on the age of your children. Ours are both in their 30’s, one with her own children. We take them every other year but in between the DW and I do one or two trips a year. So much to do. We have done tours, dining with an imagineer, Highway in the Sky Dine Around, etc. Also visiting the parks is at our pace. We have a great time.

My bestie and I are doing a girls' trip for F&W this year. We cant wait! No kids! Mine are grown but hers are 8, 4 and 3. Every time she starts to feel guilty she thinks about all the fun stuff we get to do that she wouldn't be able to with her 3 boys along. There are going to be some sad, guilty and emotional moments on this trip. We already know and are expecting it to pop up in random places. My daughter is getting married this December and I felt guilty for not inviting her along on the girls trip as a kind of bridal shower/Disney bachelorette. We just decided that we work hard all year, we've earned this. We live the entire year caring for others before ourselves. These 5 days are ours. They will be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter