Disney Genie coming to Walt Disney World planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we on this board view Genie as something Disney is developing for customers like us. I think it is being developed for the guest that don’t know how much or don’t want to take part in the planning we do for a trip. If Disney can develop a tool for them to have an enjoyable trip and eliminate the bad word of mouth their trips generate, that is worth a ton of money to Disney.

You're right. It could have no (obvious) monetary aspect, but I guess I'm just too cynical to believe it, especially with this pay for FP rumor floating around. But, it could be more like MDE -- free, but built to assist the FP+ system which was made to keep people out of line so they could spend more money on food and souvenirs. But if that's the case, then why not just add the Genie's planning functionality to their already existing app?

I hope they will surprise us but I have a hard time expecting that, lol.

I think this will be a good tool for those who only make one or two Disney trips in their lifetime. I was talking to my sister in law over the holidays and she wants to take her kids to Disney for the first time. She is totally lost and will probably have me plan the trip for them. I told her you need to start thinking at least 8 months out to ensure dining is in place and her eyes just glazed over. Alot of people are in the same boat and are not waking up at 7:00 in the morning 60 days out to plan their fast passes exactly to meet their dining reservations made 6 months prior to their trip. Too much hassle for a vacation.

I think this will be a good tool for those who only make one or two Disney trips in their lifetime. I was talking to my sister in law over the holidays and she wants to take her kids to Disney for the first time. She is totally lost and will probably have me plan the trip for them. I told her you need to start thinking at least 8 months out to ensure dining is in place and her eyes just glazed over. Alot of people are in the same boat and are not waking up at 7:00 in the morning 60 days out to plan their fast passes exactly to meet their dining reservations made 6 months prior to their trip. Too much hassle for a vacation.
This is exactly why our upcoming trip will be our last (until things change). The whole process is a nightmare. Dining and FP bookings before park hours and event days / times are finalized. Everything has to be worked around something else. Then toss in a "must do" ride with a process that involves getting to the park before it opens and having no idea when your boarding group will be called...

I can see who Genie benefits. I am Genie for a family member right now. She has no clue what she has gotten herself into and is very overwhelmed, and without me honestly would probably not go on this trip. I have set her up with her account, linked what she needs, made an itinerary, etc. They are planning an extreme last minute trip so I will be logged in right along side them, refreshing my little heart out from home, so I can grab them FP for things they actually need. I’m free though lol. She would benefit so much from an app where she could punch in “I’m going to Animal Kingdom on Sunday” and it did the leg work and told her where to go and when. Because she doesn’t live and breathe Disney like some of us, if I come up empty for the biggest headliners, she doesn’t feel the “loss” in the same way we do.

Genie benefits those kind of people, because when it spits out “I got you fast passes for Aladdin’s carpets, jungle cruise, and POTC, and booked the Frontierland deluxe dessert party (I literally laughed out loud at that one, thank you person who said that)” those people don’t know better unlike most of us who would say wow Disney what are you smoking I could do that in my sleep!

I’m sure it won’t be *that* bad, but I completely agree that when you give Genie control it will spit out something that benefits Disney. That could mean an itinerary that helps them spread crowds and directs people unknowingly to less popular or easy to do yourself things, or an itinerary that’s really awesome but benefits Disney by charging you for it.

I’m pretty convinced Genie means nothing good for savvy Disney planners. Hope I’m wrong.

Any ideal how much this will cost or how the pay services will be setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts