Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think people preferred the eGC for the immediacy, to make sure the charge goes through before the expiration date and you don't have to worry about lost in shipping. Apparently walmart can be quite slow in sending the physical cards, and since you're not charged until it's shipped, if you get unlucky and it takes 2 weeks for them to ship it (which I found in the reviews after I bought mine) you'd be cutting it close. Mine finally says shipped (haven't gotten the email yet though, I just stalk the tracker) but it's been long enough since I ordered it that the charge is no longer pending. So who knows when they'll charge me, but I'm assuming I'll see it later today or maybe tomorrow. It would seem walmart is hit or miss regardless of electronic or physical :)

FYI - there's a targeted Citi Pay masterpass offer. If you have a citi card, check your e-mail.

It's a $10 statement credit if you use masterpass to pay for a purchase of $10 or more. Valid 7/20-9/20.

For the free $10 I went through the pain of buying a $10 Walmart egift card.

I just had a physical gift card order cancelled. So it is not just egift cards.

Walmart customer service told me they had no clue why the order was cancelled; they said I should try placing it again. If they cancel again, I will just order a $50 item, return it in store, and ask them for a gift card.

Update: 2nd order for a physical gift card has been canceled. I guess I will have to buy something and do a return for a gift card.

Last edited:
I just had a physical gift card order cancelled. So it is not just egift cards.

Walmart customer service told me they had no clue why the order was cancelled; they said I should try placing it again. If they cancel again, I will just order a $50 item, return it in store, and ask them for a gift card.

Update: 2nd order for a physical gift card has been canceled. I guess I will have to buy something and do a return for a gift card.

I had my gift cards (both physical & e-) canceled. I also had one physical order canceled. It was a diaper bag. Seriously? Anyway, there are some items they won't exchange/return without a receipt. I wasn't aware of all of them so I'm glad I checked.

Those with issues having Walmart GC orders cancelled... Try contacting their online chat. They will note your account, and your order will **hopefully** go through. I was told to wait at least a half hour, then reenter the order (with the same device and payment method as the cancelled order). Did this for my order that was cancelled, as well as my husband's, and we were both able to successfully order and receive Walmart e-gift cards the next attempt. Good luck!

The Disney gift card at Sams Club is $479.98 for the $500 gift card (both online and in store) and for the $150 gift card (which is really a 3 x $50) the price is $144.98 in store and $142.98 online plus a 99 cent shipping fee.

Has anyone tried to buy the Disney gift card online from Samsclub using Walmart gift cards?
bought 3 orders Tuesday all shipped out on wed all with gift cards.

As far as returns to walmart without a receipt, all online orders you can go into your online account and print out a return receipt. When you get to the store, they will ask you for the credit card you used to pay with. Just tell them you don't have it and they will return the money to you on a gift card.

OK, beginning to freak out a little. My walmart GC finally shipped yesterday, and they finally charged my AmEx card for it and a separate charge for the additional item I ordered, BUT it's not showing the statement credit nor is the offer listed in my "Added to Card" section anymore! I've only used AmEx offers a couple times in the past so I don't know all the quirks, but each time before I got an almost instant credit as soon as the terms were met and it showed up in the "Savings" section. My only consolation is I do have the email from AmEx congratulating me on using my offer from when the original charge attempt went through. Has this happened to anyone before? Will it eventually work itself out or do I have to contact AmEx at some point?

I would think people preferred the eGC for the immediacy, to make sure the charge goes through before the expiration date and you don't have to worry about lost in shipping. Apparently walmart can be quite slow in sending the physical cards, and since you're not charged until it's shipped, if you get unlucky and it takes 2 weeks for them to ship it (which I found in the reviews after I bought mine) you'd be cutting it close. Mine finally says shipped (haven't gotten the email yet though, I just stalk the tracker) but it's been long enough since I ordered it that the charge is no longer pending. So who knows when they'll charge me, but I'm assuming I'll see it later today or maybe tomorrow. It would seem walmart is hit or miss regardless of electronic or physical :)
I never even thought of that! Wow...... I got both my emails...I have to track now! But I also got the initial amex notice that I used the offer, but not showing on m acct yet,b/c the actual charge didn't hit till it shipped....

OK, beginning to freak out a little. My walmart GC finally shipped yesterday, and they finally charged my AmEx card for it and a separate charge for the additional item I ordered, BUT it's not showing the statement credit nor is the offer listed in my "Added to Card" section anymore! I've only used AmEx offers a couple times in the past so I don't know all the quirks, but each time before I got an almost instant credit as soon as the terms were met and it showed up in the "Savings" section. My only consolation is I do have the email from AmEx congratulating me on using my offer from when the original charge attempt went through. Has this happened to anyone before? Will it eventually work itself out or do I have to contact AmEx at some point?
yeah,me too..... But I saved the 'you just used your $10 offer' emails...so if needed I'll call after I get the cards. They show as shipped, yet can't be tracked..... hopefully they'' get here.....

Is anyone else having issue with the Disney giftcard website? Balances seem to all be grayed out and transferring is an issue again...

A couple people mentioned success at BB&B so I thought I'd give it a run.
I cashed in some of my Discover rewards (I'm sure some of you have rewards piled up from the Warehouse 5%) for BB&B gift cards at 20% off. Went into store today and tried to buy just gc with gc (no filler) and IT WORKED! The cashier didn't hesitate and the system accepted the transaction.
I normally just credit my rewards to my balance so this is a 20% savings on Disney GCs for me.

(I'm located in NJ if it makes a difference.)

A couple people mentioned success at BB&B so I thought I'd give it a run.
I cashed in some of my Discover rewards (I'm sure some of you have rewards piled up from the Warehouse 5%) for BB&B gift cards at 20% off. Went into store today and tried to buy just gc with gc (no filler) and IT WORKED! The cashier didn't hesitate and the system accepted the transaction.
I normally just credit my rewards to my balance so this is a 20% savings on Disney GCs for me.

(I'm located in NJ if it makes a difference.)

Thanks! I didn't realize that BB&B was an option. I usually redeem for Best Western gift cards for our Disneyland trips. I redeemed $25 to test it out in my area (Portland, OR). If it works, I'll redeem the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter