Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swych app is offering new users 20% off 1 Best Buy eGift Card in $12.50, $25, or $37.50 denominations (you pay $10, $20, or $30, respectively).

Directions (New Users):
  • Download the free Swych app on your activated mobile phone
  • Register with a valid U.S. phone number in service (Google Voice, SIP, etc. numbers not supported)
  • Verify your number using the activation code provided via text from Swych
  • Complete account creation with your name, email address and desired password
  • Search for Best Buy and select $10, $20, or $30 card
  • Apply promo code 254BB
  • Your cart should now reflect a $12.50, $25, or $37.50 card
  • Proceed to checkout (PayPal is also an option if you select "Change Payment Method")
  • Total will be:
    • $37.50 Best Buy eGift Card $30
    • $25 Best Buy eGift Card $20
    • $12.50 Best Buy eGift Card $10
h/t SD.

ETA: If you're paying with a Chase Ink card when using PayPal, you should earn 3x points with a Preferred card and 5x with a Plus or Cash card.

You ROCK!!!

@Lain @Marionnette Thank you both for sharing! Both DD27 and I will be doing this deal! Only wish, as you suggested, that I had a second cell phone, lol! The extra email is easy, but not the phone, lol.

I read elsewhere on the Swych deal that you can only do it once per billing address so I only did it once. And that it won't work if you try to do it again with the same billing address. If anyone has any luck doing it twice with the same billing address let us know!!

I just got my McCormick / Landry's gift cards in the mail today. I got $100 for $79.99 at Costco. Rainforest Cafe in AK accepts them.

Update: MyPoints gave me back my points for the $0 Target gift cards. I'm too worried to order more.

I did not hear back from Target yet...

I got a $10 reward certificate from BB and tried to buy a Disney gc online to pick up in store and is said that I couldn't use the reward certificate for a gc. Will it work in store or is the one I got not eligible for gc purchases?

Maybe someone can help me with this regarding BB rewards points. Really have no idea how they work and this is a little confusing and long, sorry.
First I had a question regarding the Cashstar deal where you could buy up to 3 BB gc's of $150 and get a $15 promo gc per each one. So it asked for your rewards number and I put it in. Was it supposed to give BB rewards?

So then last Saturday I went to BB and spent the $450 and the $45 promo gcs, along with BB gc's from the recent Krogers BB gc deal and Swagbucks. They asked for my rewards number and I gave it, though wasn't sure if I should. So when I saw someone mention BB rewards (in another thread, I think), it reminded me and I went to check just in case.

It says I have one $5 rewards certificate, and then 103 rewards points with 14 more points pending, and that I need another 147 points to get another $5. It says I spent $500. The only way I can see the $500 is if they have registered the $450 from Cashstar and a $50 gc bought on May 30, (and assuming its not yet the new $800 spent last weekend). Not sure how long things stay in my account to be counted towards rewards points. So, that's confusing to me, lol. And not sure when the rewards points posted that gave me a $5 rewards (it expires about mid Nov). And no idea why there are 14 points pending.
I spent $800 on BB gc's in store last Saturday, not $500, all in one transaction.
It says they reward approximately 15 days after the transaction. But it hasn't been 15 days since I spent the $800.
If anyone can explain how BB rewards work, that would be great! Also, can I use the rewards to buy Disney gc's? TIA!!

Maybe someone can help me with this regarding BB rewards points. Really have no idea how they work and this is a little confusing and long, sorry.
First I had a question regarding the Cashstar deal where you could buy up to 3 BB gc's of $150 and get a $15 promo gc per each one. So it asked for your rewards number and I put it in. Was it supposed to give BB rewards?

So then last Saturday I went to BB and spent the $450 and the $45 promo gcs, along with BB gc's from the recent Krogers BB gc deal and Swagbucks. They asked for my rewards number and I gave it, though wasn't sure if I should. So when I saw someone mention BB rewards (in another thread, I think), it reminded me and I went to check just in case.

It says I have one $5 rewards certificate, and then 103 rewards points with 14 more points pending, and that I need another 147 points to get another $5. It says I spent $500. The only way I can see the $500 is if they have registered the $450 from Cashstar and a $50 gc bought on May 30, (and assuming its not yet the new $800 spent last weekend). Not sure how long things stay in my account to be counted towards rewards points. So, that's confusing to me, lol. And not sure when the rewards points posted that gave me a $5 rewards (it expires about mid Nov). And no idea why there are 14 points pending.
I spent $800 on BB gc's in store last Saturday, not $500, all in one transaction.
It says they reward approximately 15 days after the transaction. But it hasn't been 15 days since I spent the $800.
If anyone can explain how BB rewards work, that would be great! Also, can I use the rewards to buy Disney gc's? TIA!!

I know nothing about Cashstar, so I can't speak to that. You don't get BB points when paying with BB gift cards, so your purchases from last Saturday should not have credited. Once in your BB account, you can go to "rewards history" to see exactly where all points came from. It sounds like your current $5 reward that expires this Nov was from a purchase last year about this time (I think those coupons are good for a year). Hope that helps a little.

To add to @pillow's comment:
  • Yes, you do get BBY rewards points for your credit card ("cash") purchase of gift cards through Cashstar, so enter your rewards account number to earn those points. How much you spend a year determines your rewards level, which factors into how many points/$1 you earn on each transaction, and points earn you rewards certificates that can be used like BBY GCs but have an expiration date.
  • No, you don't get rewards points for redeeming/paying for merchandise with the gift cards, so generally you won't want to give the cashier your rewards number because your purchase (of Disney GCs with BBY GCs) will be logged into your account and in their system, but you don't get anything out of it. I seem to recall you were taken aside by a manager last year for too many GC>GC transactions? You might want to better stay under the radar.
  • The thing about rewards certificates is that they're tied to your BBY rewards account. So when the cashier asks for your phone number to pull up your rewards account, the certificate is in your account and the cashier should be able to see it, ask if you want to apply it, and apply it directly from their terminal. Alternatively, if you present your certificate from an email, and they scan it, it's tied to your account anyway and your transaction will be tied to your rewards account. So if you want to stay under the radar, you might want to use the rewards certificate in a separate, small transaction for a $25 Disney GC, or something.
I got a $10 reward certificate from BB and tried to buy a Disney gc online to pick up in store and is said that I couldn't use the reward certificate for a gc. Will it work in store or is the one I got not eligible for gc purchases?

I always use reward certificates in store to buy Disney GCs. YMMV depending on your cashier, manager, and store policy; but generally, you should have no problem. BBY's in store POS system accepts reward certificates for third party GCs.

Yes, you earn points for buying BB gift cards. So putting your rewards number in during the Cashstar purchase earned you points based on whatever Rewards level you're at (either half point / $1, 1 / $1, or 1.25 / $1), you should see the purchase in your Rewards History section of you BB account as "E-Gift Card Purchase".

You don't earn points for redeeming BB gift cards. So using the $450 and $45 gcs didn't earn any points, it should show as a purchase but 0 pts earned (unless you had other items in that transaction). If the whole transaction is paid for with gift cards there's no point in giving your rewards number.

If you are an Elite rewards member then it could be the $450 and $50 in gift cards did it as you'd have earned 1 to 1 for that. Again, if you check your rewards history you'll see what points are available and pending and where they came from. I can't remember if it gave you a posting date or not for the pending or I just calculate it myself. You can see up to 2 years worth of history.

You can use the rewards certificate to buy Disney GC's, it is a coupon so present it to the cashier before payment.

ETA: reward certificates expire 60 days from issuance. So probably want to check your auto-issue threshold if you didn't get notice of the certificate issue or don't sign in often. We have our set to auto issue at 10 or 20 dollars so we don't let small values expire without realizing it.

Last edited:
I've been getting targeted coupons in email ads from Target for $5 off a $50 purchase (see photo). The terms state that it's only valid online and not valid on Target gift cards and specialty gift cards, but I've been successful at applying the coupon along with my RedCard discount (14.5% off in total) to Disney gift cards. I received the first coupon offer at the beginning of this past July and applied it to a $50 physical Disney gift card. I received a second offer on the 17th of this month and applied it to a Disney egift card. Since this is the second time around that they've sent me an online coupon that has successfully been used for Disney gift cards, I thought I'd share. I'm now more vigilant about checking Target emails before deleting them.

Targeted Offer:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nSDHV63xLEpIaqxB2

Fine print:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hJRpGxXFZoaXQEbC2

ETA: I forgot to mention that Ebates credited for this so it was actually a 15% discount in total.

Last edited:
To add to @pillow's comment:
  • Yes, you do get BBY rewards points for your credit card ("cash") purchase of gift cards through Cashstar, so enter your rewards account number to earn those points. How much you spend a year determines your rewards level, which factors into how many points/$1 you earn on each transaction, and points earn you rewards certificates that can be used like BBY GCs but have an expiration date.
  • No, you don't get rewards points for redeeming/paying for merchandise with the gift cards, so generally you won't want to give the cashier your rewards number because your purchase (of Disney GCs with BBY GCs) will be logged into your account and in their system, but you don't get anything out of it. I seem to recall you were taken aside by a manager last year for too many GC>GC transactions? You might want to better stay under the radar.
  • The thing about rewards certificates is that they're tied to your BBY rewards account. So when the cashier asks for your phone number to pull up your rewards account, the certificate is in your account and the cashier should be able to see it, ask if you want to apply it, and apply it directly from their terminal. Alternatively, if you present your certificate from an email, and they scan it, it's tied to your account anyway and your transaction will be tied to your rewards account. So if you want to stay under the radar, you might want to use the rewards certificate in a separate, small transaction for a $25 Disney GC, or something.

I always use reward certificates in store to buy Disney GCs. YMMV depending on your cashier, manager, and store policy; but generally, you should have no problem. BBY's in store POS system accepts reward certificates for third party GCs.
When I tried to use my reward certificates the cashier scanned them but the system would not accept them for Disney gift cards. She tried 3 times but they would not work.

When I tried to use my reward certificates the cashier scanned them but the system would not accept them for Disney gift cards. She tried 3 times but they would not work.

That's news to me. I redeemed a reward certificate towards a Disney GC two weeks ago just fine.

Did you give the cashier the right phone number tied to your rewards account? I have two BBY accounts due to some mixup but I use them both, and I once couldn't use a certificate tied to one account when I gave the cashier my phone number for the other account.

I tried this today and it said the promo is over. SO BUMMED I missed it. Where did you find out about the offer? Wondering if they'll release a new one... TIA

It seems the Swych deals, at least for Best Buy, expire/end quickly. I think there was a deal posted about her last week that seemed to expire as quick as it appeared.

I tried this today and it said the promo is over. SO BUMMED I missed it. Where did you find out about the offer? Wondering if they'll release a new one... TIA

I follow a lot of deals sites and blogs and post Disney GC related deals here when I can. I saw the Swych deal on Slickdeals. @Jimsig is right, free money deals like these expire or sell out quickly.

I get a $5 reward email sent about twice a year without spending anything there. I used to buy electronics at BB maybe 8-10 years ago, but now kids are grown and I buy anything I need usually at Costco or online. So, I'll drop in with my little reward and add it to a purchase of some K cups! I'm really not sure why I get this but it happens pretty regularly.

I've been getting targeted coupons in email ads from Target for $5 off a $50 purchase (see photo). The terms state that it's only valid online and not valid on Target gift cards and specialty gift cards, but I've been successful at applying the coupon along with my RedCard discount (14.5% off in total) to Disney gift cards. I received the first coupon offer at the beginning of this past July and applied it to a $50 physical Disney gift card. I received a second offer on the 17th of this month and applied it to a Disney egift card. Since this is the second time around that they've sent me an online coupon that has successfully been used for Disney gift cards, I thought I'd share. I'm now more vigilant about checking Target emails before deleting them.

Targeted Offer:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nSDHV63xLEpIaqxB2

Fine print:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hJRpGxXFZoaXQEbC2
HGB0yTfNhUcizG6n2

Thanks for this! I had deleted the email and pulled it out when I saw your post. $5 off and Red card discount! Easy and quick! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter