Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you know if you get incentives?
They were listed in my summary of benefits which I get at open enrollment at the back. Might be worth checking with hr to ask. My company didn’t know we even had them (we’re pretty small and if the broker explained them, whoever he explained them to never shared the information).

I read this, but I don't understand why it's a misleading mess..... ???
It’s sort of carved out of the $1500 max for the quarterly bonus. If you already maxed that out you can get 6 ur points total / $ spent up to $400 when using chase pay at BB. I think if you haven’t maxed out, though, it counts against your $1,500. Seems not well thought out.

It’s sort of carved out of the $1500 max for the quarterly bonus. If you already maxed that out you can get 6 ur points total / $ spent up to $400 when using chase pay at BB. I think if you haven’t maxed out, though, it counts against your $1,500. Seems not well thought out.
Ok..kind of like the Shoprite thing too for freedom (which IMHO was even more confusing) that was part of the 1500 cap

I read this, but I don't understand why it's a misleading mess..... ???
I feel it is misleading because DoC says if you've maxed out your 5x bonus category this month you'll only get 5x back. If you haven't you get 10x but it counts towards your 1,500 max. Anybody who maxed out their 5x bonus category and thinks they're gonna get 10x back is going to be very unhappy.

I feel it is misleading because DoC says if you've maxed out your 5x bonus category this month you'll only get 5x back. If you haven't you get 10x but it counts towards your 1,500 max. Anybody who maxed out their 5x bonus category and thinks they're gonna get 10x back is going to be very unhappy.

I feel too like it is a bit of a mess because the information seems to contradict itself. And I think I read that it was up to $400?!? But today I got the email from Chase and it said it was up to $300. Went to Best Buy with just downloaded Chase Pay and used a $5 off coupon to get $300 worth of gift cards. Hopefully it will work for the 10 times UR. Especially since they are gift cards I really don’t need right now...

I leave for WDW in less than 3 days, and I think I am done getting gift cards. I did the best I could with Swagbucks, but the last few weeks have been horrendous. I ended up taking the money in my Saving 4 Disney account and bought Disney gcs at Target with my Red Card. Since I was buying quite a few $100 cards, I went to the people at the cell phone desk to buy some there. They were NOT busy, but you would have thought I was asking for the moon instead asking for someone to check out a purchase of gift cards. I explained that I didn't want to go to the front, because people with groceries don't like waiting for gift cards to process.

She then told me that unless I was buying the gift cards with gift cards, there should be no problem, and that she really was only supposed to handle phone sales. And then she said that you can't buy gift cards with gift cards anyway. I asked if that was new, because I had just done exactly that. (I shop at Target to get the $5 and $10 gcs, and then cash them in for Disney. ) She didn't really answer, and I suspected she was just making it up. But I went to Target.com to find out the story.

I know this has been discussed before, but since Target is one of the few ways to turn gcs into Disney cards, I thought it was worth repeating (especially since some people lost their Sam's store). The rules are as follows:
"Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com."
This can be found here:
http://help.target.com/help/subcate...&parentcat=Gift+Cards&searchQuery=search+help
Most Target managers consider Disney to be an Entertainment gift card. However, if it is determined to be a Specialty card, Target gift cards become less useful. It's still worth it to get a Target Red Card, since 5% off is still a big number. But I still wish there were more ways to improve upon that.

Gyft is offering a free $10 Best Buy e-savings code when you buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card from Gyft with promo code: BESTBUY

Unlike Best Buy’s similar deals through Cashstar where you wait weeks for the savings code to be sent to you, you get the savings code immediately through Gyft.

https://www.gyft.com/buy-gift-cards/best-buy/?v=150
  • Savings code expires on 2/17/2018
  • The offer is valid from January 18, 2018 at 12:01 AM ET to January 25, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET
  • Promotion is limited. Promotion is valid while supplies last.
  • Best Buy Savings Code will be added to your Gyft account when promotional code is successfully applied, and order is successfully processed
  • Promotion is only eligible for a $150 or more Best Buy Gift Card
  • Promo code is valid with all payment methods
  • Cannot combine with other promotions
  • Each household can redeem promo code up to 3 times
  • Email validation is required to complete a gift card purchase
  • Must have a Gyft account to purchase
  • Only valid for users residing in the U.S.
  • Gift cards are only redeemable in the U.S.
Remember, Gyft earns 3x UR points on Chase Ink Preferred and 5x UR points on Chase Ink Plus/Cash when you pay with those cards and check out through PayPal. Gyft also accepts payment through Apple Pay, which earns 5x UR points up to $1,500 spent on a Chase Freedom card this quarter.

Best Buy savings codes act just like Best Buy gift cards, except with an expiration date; both are redeemable for Disney Gift Cards. However, YMMV depending on your local store’s management, personnel and policies.

Last edited:

If anyone has Anthem health incentives (gift cards for being tobacco free, filling out health questionnaire, get flu shot, annual check up, etc.) I just noticed they have Disney gift cards. I have $150 coming that I will be converting to Disney gift cards.
nice. My company has a health and wellness program called Vitality where we can earn points for the things you mentioned plus points for being active (they give us Fitbits) and doing on line courses. Those points earn you discounts on your health insurance (I save $30/month). Plus you earn "bucks" that can be converted to Amazon Gift Cards. Since the program began over 5 years ago I have earned around $1100 in Amazon GC's plus the savings on insurance.

No Target cards though, but still a ton of free money.

I leave for WDW in less than 3 days, and I think I am done getting gift cards. I did the best I could with Swagbucks, but the last few weeks have been horrendous. I ended up taking the money in my Saving 4 Disney account and bought Disney gcs at Target with my Red Card. Since I was buying quite a few $100 cards, I went to the people at the cell phone desk to buy some there. They were NOT busy, but you would have thought I was asking for the moon instead asking for someone to check out a purchase of gift cards. I explained that I didn't want to go to the front, because people with groceries don't like waiting for gift cards to process.

She then told me that unless I was buying the gift cards with gift cards, there should be no problem, and that she really was only supposed to handle phone sales. And then she said that you can't buy gift cards with gift cards anyway. I asked if that was new, because I had just done exactly that. (I shop at Target to get the $5 and $10 gcs, and then cash them in for Disney. ) She didn't really answer, and I suspected she was just making it up. But I went to Target.com to find out the story.

I know this has been discussed before, but since Target is one of the few ways to turn gcs into Disney cards, I thought it was worth repeating (especially since some people lost their Sam's store). The rules are as follows:
"Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com."
This can be found here:
http://help.target.com/help/subcate...&parentcat=Gift+Cards&searchQuery=search+help
Most Target managers consider Disney to be an Entertainment gift card. However, if it is determined to be a Specialty card, Target gift cards become less useful. It's still worth it to get a Target Red Card, since 5% off is still a big number. But I still wish there were more ways to improve upon that.

The restrictions you listed are specific to the Target.com website for gift card purchasing restrictions for specialty gift cards using Target GC. It only lists you cannot purchase specialty gift cards from Target.com using target gift cards. That restriction says nothing about in store like it does for American Express, visa, MasterCard, or iTunes.

Gyft is offering a free $10 Best Buy e-savings code when you buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card from Gyft with promo code: BESTBUY

Unlike Best Buy’s similar deals through Cashstar where you wait weeks for the savings code to be sent to you, you get the savings code immediately through Gyft.

https://www.gyft.com/buy-gift-cards/best-buy/?v=150
  • Savings code expires on 2/17/2018
  • The offer is valid from January 18, 2018 at 12:01 AM ET to January 25, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET
  • Promotion is limited. Promotion is valid while supplies last.
  • Best Buy Savings Code will be added to your Gyft account when promotional code is successfully applied, and order is successfully processed
  • Promotion is only eligible for a $150 or more Best Buy Gift Card
  • Promo code is valid with all payment methods
  • Cannot combine with other promotions
  • Each household can redeem promo code up to 3 times
  • Email validation is required to complete a gift card purchase
  • Must have a Gyft account to purchase
  • Only valid for users residing in the U.S.
  • Gift cards are only redeemable in the U.S.
Remember, Gyft earns 3x UR points on Chase Ink Preferred and 5x UR points on Chase Ink Plus/Cash when you pay with those cards and check out through PayPal. Gyft also accepts payment through Apple Pay, which earns 5x UR points up to $1,500 spent on a Chase Freedom card this quarter.

Best Buy savings codes act just like Best Buy gift cards, except with an expiration date; both are redeemable for Disney Gift Cards. However, YMMV depending on your local store’s management, personnel and policies.
IMHO, this offer is pretty low as usually the CashStar bonuses are $15 back on $150.

I don't know if I should post this here or in the credit card thread, so I am posting in both...

We are getting ready to go to disney in a couple weeks so I wanted to pick up disney gift cards here and there and max out the discover and chase freedom quarterly bonuses. So today at Sams I was told that I couldn't use a credit card (or gift card for that matter) to buy gift cards. They said it was a new policy. I spoke to the store manager and she confirmed the same. I was able to go to a different location right after that and didn't have any problems. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if I should post this here or in the credit card thread, so I am posting in both...

We are getting ready to go to disney in a couple weeks so I wanted to pick up disney gift cards here and there and max out the discover and chase freedom quarterly bonuses. So today at Sams I was told that I couldn't use a credit card (or gift card for that matter) to buy gift cards. They said it was a new policy. I spoke to the store manager and she confirmed the same. I was able to go to a different location right after that and didn't have any problems. Has anyone else experienced this?
I went to the Sams near me the day before they shut down several stores and had NO problems using my SB giftcards. I wonder if the store you had problems at is in a transition? I'm glad you found a place to buy your cards. I don't understand why they would ban credit cards though.

Thank you! I purchased $105 worth of Target gift cards for $92.90.
Yay! I got $110.42 for $97.50 in Target GCs.

I'm now trying to talk DH thru how to do it on his account over google hangouts :rotfl: Normally I'd do it myself, but I didn't bring my whole wallet to work today... I keep one of his cards in there for this stuff, because Raise has booted my orders before when I tried to use my card.

I feel too like it is a bit of a mess because the information seems to contradict itself. And I think I read that it was up to $400?!? But today I got the email from Chase and it said it was up to $300. Went to Best Buy with just downloaded Chase Pay and used a $5 off coupon to get $300 worth of gift cards. Hopefully it will work for the 10 times UR. Especially since they are gift cards I really don’t need right now...
I have never gotten an email from chase about any of these offers....

I Just went on MOnday and did gc-gc for dis..no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter