Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that my Best Buy "Shop & Earn" Swagbucks have been doubled for some reason. The very first purchase I made at Best Buy last month, a $50 Disney GC, I got 100 SB (2%) but every subsequent $50 GC, I've gotten 200 SB on each which is 4%. I'm not complaining but it also makes me a little bit nervous that their system might be glitching and they might take it all away.

I just noticed that my Best Buy "Shop & Earn" Swagbucks have been doubled for some reason. The very first purchase I made at Best Buy last month, a $50 Disney GC, I got 100 SB (2%) but every subsequent $50 GC, I've gotten 200 SB on each which is 4%. I'm not complaining but it also makes me a little bit nervous that their system might be glitching and they might take it all away.

The BB rebate changes from time to time. There may have been some promotion going on with BB cause I got a 200SB rebate for one of my first purchases and then the rest have been 100.

The BB rebate changes from time to time. There may have been some promotion going on with BB cause I got a 200SB rebate for one of my first purchases and then the rest have been 100.
It’s always been 2% for me (I’ve done about 10-15 transactions over the past few months). The shop activity is showing the purchase amount wrong for me (twice what it was generally).

Nice! All mine are 100.

Stack of 24 QR codes in my car and I was a man on a mission. Helped that I had some nice cashiers and I went when they weren't busy so I was able to but out $500 in one store alone.

Nice! I only did a $200 yesterday and hoping it all credits it'll get me another $20.

I thought that maybe we could start a thread where everyone can post the deals that they are finding on Disney gift cards. I have not seen any in my area, but I would love to know if there are any around. Please post where you live, the store, and what the deal is. I know the Target 5% is the big one, but I know that some grocery stores have some too.

Thanks! This should help everyone to save a little extra :thumbsup2
Does anyone know how the Canadian DL giftcards work ? with the exchange rate etc? I have a feeling its not a deal at all. Would I be better to just get them in the US?

Does anyone know how the Canadian DL giftcards work ? with the exchange rate etc? I have a feeling its not a deal at all. Would I be better to just get them in the US?

You buy the gift cards in CDN dollars and when you use them at Disney you get whatever the closing exchange rate is from the day before you used it. (i.e. if you have a $100 CDN gift card today it would be worth approximately $79.53 USD).

It can be beneficial for Canadians because you don't pay the foreign exchange rate on top of the conversion rate that you would pay a bank for US cash (usually around 3%) or the credit card companies extra conversion rate (around 2.5%) when you use a Canadian credit card to buy US dollar Disney Gift cards.

I did over three thousand dollars worth for my DVC dues and for the trip we took in March and didn't have any issues using them at all (I had amalgamated them all into three gift cards using the Disney Gift Card website).

Last edited:
Cleared my BB out of Disney today :sad: next nearest store is 45 mins away. Was able to get about half of what I intended to purchase, guess I'll be stopping this gravy train for now.

I'm so mad at myself right now! I've been refreshing Raise all day hoping to use the deal going on (SPECIAL for 10% off any gift card up to $20 off) for a Wal Mart or Target card. Wal Mart would be preferred to use at Sam's but there hasn't been inventory all day. Target only had denominations over $300 which I wanted to just do up to the max. Well a $106.xx amount came up so I quickly snatched it and quickly went through the checkout process without inputting the promo code :sad: My card was delivered immediately. With the small percentage off, Ebates and credit card it will still be about 4% but anything less than 5 is silly. Uggggh.

Went back a few minutes later and got a card for just under $200 and remembered to use the code that time for about 14% off total. I blame it on lack of sleep and a needy newborn :faint:

Just had to share because I know you all would sympathize! :rotfl:

I'm so mad at myself right now! I've been refreshing Raise all day hoping to use the deal going on (SPECIAL for 10% off any gift card up to $20 off) for a Wal Mart or Target card. Wal Mart would be preferred to use at Sam's but there hasn't been inventory all day. Target only had denominations over $300 which I wanted to just do up to the max. Well a $106.xx amount came up so I quickly snatched it and quickly went through the checkout process without inputting the promo code :sad: My card was delivered immediately. With the small percentage off, Ebates and credit card it will still be about 4% but anything less than 5 is silly. Uggggh.

Went back a few minutes later and got a card for just under $200 and remembered to use the code that time for about 14% off total. I blame it on lack of sleep and a needy newborn :faint:

If it makes you feel better, I forget to enter codes too. I have no kids and get 8 hours of sleep a night :teeth:

Thanks for posting...Just able to get a $200 Best Buy @ 2.9% off plus the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!