Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get them for 24% off? Isn't there an activation fee on the vgc?
$8 on $300. It’s basically offset by the SPG points. Then 10% back from Amex. Right now I figure a $300 visa is costing me $270. Then I get another $36 back from swagbucks and $6 in Best Buy rewards.

This is a weird data point. I went to Best Buy Tuesday and made two $55 purchases. Separate qr codes used. Only got one shop & earn email and only one bonus but both purchases are pending under my shop activity??? You win some, you lose some I guess!

Last edited:
I just want an Amex for all the great deals but I’m learning to be responsible with credit lol. My mom has a prepaid one and she says she gets rewards. I’m going to check if she got the offer but I doubt it. $400 for a $500 Hotels.com gift card would save me so much.
No, the 10% Amex offers went out only on Amex Business cards. And the Amazon 20% Amex offer was targeted to Amex cards that participate in Membership Rewards, and even then not all Amex MR cardholders were targeted.

Some things to remember:
-These offers are all "targeted" so while it seems like everybody is getting them, there are plenty of Amex cardholders who are not
-Even when they go out to everyone if the offer is good it tends to last about 12 hours because there are only limited amounts available (for instance in March I missed the big $10 off $50 Lowe's to everyone (hadn't happened like that for like 2 years) because I was at Disneyland that day, lol)

And last, but MOST IMPORTANTLY:
:rainbow: :dance3::jumping1:... My version of a DIS celebration ;)
I celebrate for you because you are learning to be responsible with credit. Serious kudos. If you can prevent yourself from every having to pay interest on a credit card balance (or even if you're trying to re-learn this) that is so much more valuable- both monetarily and emotionally- than all of these Amex offers. Amex and retailers don't put these offers out for our benefit, the retailer wants you to spend more than you normally would and Amex hopes you fail to pay it off by the due date so they can get that 20% APR. Until you can master learning to be responsible with credit you are far ahead not to dabble :thumbsup2

ETA: credit card aren't for everyone, if you feel you can't master the credit thing or are you're too worried you don't have the discipline for it that's ok. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

This is a weird data point. I went to Best Buy Tuesday and made two $55 purchase. Separate qr codes used. Only got one shop & earn email and only one bonus but both purchases are pending under my shop activity??? You win some, you lose some I guess!
Did both your receipts show Swagbucks tracking?

This is a weird data point. I went to Best Buy Tuesday and made two $55 purchase. Separate qr codes used. Only got one shop & earn email and only one bonus but both purchases are pending under my shop activity??? You win some, you lose some I guess!

Same here.

I purchased $100 in Disney Gift Cards in two $50 transactions using separate QR codes this past Sunday.

Got 500sb credit for only one of the transactions and have 200sb pending in my shop activity. I wonder if they are cracking down and limiting the 500sb to one transaction per day.

The
Same here.

I purchased $100 in Disney Gift Cards in two $50 transactions using separate QR codes this past Sunday.

Got 500sb credit for only one of the transactions and have 200sb pending in my shop activity. I wonder if they are cracking down and limiting the 500sb to one transaction per day.
Huh. That may be an explanation. I noticed there is language there saying the bonus can only be earned once a day. I’m only doing one a day going forward.

Same here.

Same here! Bummer.

Just confirming: I CAN use a Visa GC at BB to get a Disney GC?

I bought a Visa GC from Walgreens to get the UR bonus and am trying to use it up ASAP. I cashed out some of my SB in Paypal and I was going to use a regular CC to get the Disney GC at BB, but if I can use the Visa GC instead, that would be awesome! I have never tried.

I bought a Visa GC from Walgreens to get the UR bonus and am trying to use it up ASAP. I cashed out some of my SB in Paypal and I was going to use a regular CC to get the Disney GC at BB, but if I can use the Visa GC instead, that would be awesome! I have never tried.

Yes, that should be fine

And of course I went and did 2 BB transactions back to back earlier today! Ugh. I hope both go through.
I’m sorry but you’re now the data point we’re all waiting to see!
ETA: apparently not, confirmed by other's here, too bad

Last edited:

Another confirmation of yes you can :)

Well shoot! I did 2 separate transactions yesterday, still waiting for anything to show on SB. I'd hate it if one of those transaction was "wasted". Guess if this really is a new limit my Best Buy people will really get sick of seeing me almost daily for $50 transactions.

Well shoot! I did 2 separate transactions yesterday, still waiting for anything to show on SB. I'd hate it if one of those transaction was "wasted". Guess if this really is a new limit my Best Buy people will really get sick of seeing me almost daily for $50 transactions.
I figure at least it's only $5 I'm out. Better than if I'd done eight transactions in one day. I am wondering if the limit is based on the day you purchase or the day the bonus posts since bonuses don't seem to post on weekend. I'm going to wait for a bonus to post before doing another transaction just in case.

I did 4 $50 transactions at Best Buy Tuesday as well. Only got one credit....I’ll have to rethink this now if it’s limiting to one a day. I don’t live close enough to make it a daily trip. Only good thing is my trip is paid off...just working on extra cards to take for spend money.

I did 4 $50 transactions at Best Buy Tuesday as well. Only got one credit....I’ll have to rethink this now if it’s limiting to one a day. I don’t live close enough to make it a daily trip. Only good thing is my trip is paid off...just working on extra cards to take for spend money.

Yeah, I don't live close enough to a BB to do a daily stopover either. Boo. I was counting on doing multiples a a time to make the drive "worth it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!