Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new SB / BB deal of one per day will work really well... once school starts! >:( It's only on my way when taking my son to school and picking him up. I'll just play the waiting game with hopes it doesn't bite me in the a$$! < see what I did there! :P

No there is an online offer, but it does have to be from the weekly ad. I got a bonus for ordering an echo online when it was in the weekly ad.

Yes that is what it reads but I was hoping that it was not true! I need a projection movie screen and it would be so cool to order it and get the 500 SB!

Yes that is what it reads but I was hoping that it was not true! I need a projection movie screen and it would be so cool to order it and get the 500 SB!

You could probably go in and order at guest services and pay there with the qr code ?

Has anyone ever ordered a Disney gift card for in store pick up from Best Buy using reward certificates? I have one expiring and I really don’t feel like driving to Best Buy tonight
Why not just have it shipped. My BB orders always say they will deliver in a week or so but i get them in two business days max.

People have definitely figured out the 20% off at Amazon offer can be paid for with Amazon gift cards bought from Lowes at 10% off. My first Lowe's was wiped of Amazon cards except for some very sad looking $50s and I cleared out the end of the Amazon (Kindle, don't think they realized Kindle gift cards work on anything at Amazon) at our 2nd Lowe's. I've never seen my Lowe's wiped of Amazon! Come to think of it actually both of the stores complete gift card selections were looking a bit sad...

Why not just have it shipped. My BB orders always say they will deliver in a week or so but i get them in two business days max.
Literally just got the notification my BB online purchase unexpectedly came in 2 business days from when I ordered it! w00t!

No, the 10% Amex offers went out only on Amex Business cards. And the Amazon 20% Amex offer was targeted to Amex cards that participate in Membership Rewards, and even then not all Amex MR cardholders were targeted.

Some things to remember:
-These offers are all "targeted" so while it seems like everybody is getting them, there are plenty of Amex cardholders who are not
-Even when they go out to everyone if the offer is good it tends to last about 12 hours because there are only limited amounts available (for instance in March I missed the big $10 off $50 Lowe's to everyone (hadn't happened like that for like 2 years) because I was at Disneyland that day, lol)

And last, but MOST IMPORTANTLY:
:rainbow: :dance3::jumping1:... My version of a DIS celebration ;)
I celebrate for you because you are learning to be responsible with credit. Serious kudos. If you can prevent yourself from every having to pay interest on a credit card balance (or even if you're trying to re-learn this) that is so much more valuable- both monetarily and emotionally- than all of these Amex offers. Amex and retailers don't put these offers out for our benefit, the retailer wants you to spend more than you normally would and Amex hopes you fail to pay it off by the due date so they can get that 20% APR. Until you can master learning to be responsible with credit you are far ahead not to dabble :thumbsup2

ETA: credit card aren't for everyone, if you feel you can't master the credit thing or are you're too worried you don't have the discipline for it that's ok. Better safe than sorry.
Thank you! I guess I have to look around amongst my family. Everyone I know has a Visa or MC. That extra $100 in savings will come a long way since I’m on a tight budget. Most of the reviews for the cheap hotels with free breakfast and shuttles I was thinking about are terrible but I’m just going to the parks and spending all day there.

Asking opinions. In the past I have ordered Disney gift cards from BJ's. It's a small savings, but it does add up. I noticed they no longer allow non members to order them, but I can purchase an "online membership" for $10. $10 to save hundreds over the next year seems like a no-brainer? (I have three Disney trips and a Disney cruise in the next year...so all the savings opportunities I can find are worth it!) Am I overthinking it? I'm working an extra job to pay for the cruise so I'd like to save as much as I can, when I can.

Well dang, if the BB SB deal has moved to only 1 per day. I just went ahead and got those Visa GC's through Staples. I got going good with BB/SB then they changed the GC->GC Rule, now this...I think I'm a deal killer. :crazy2:
Closest BB is 30 minutes away and I'm only that way maybe once a week, so it would take a long time to convert and who knows how long the SB offer will last. :sad2: Oh well, I guess I just got a % off my groceries/other misc spend and some SPG points. Better than nothing.

Asking opinions. In the past I have ordered Disney gift cards from BJ's. It's a small savings, but it does add up. I noticed they no longer allow non members to order them, but I can purchase an "online membership" for $10. $10 to save hundreds over the next year seems like a no-brainer? (I have three Disney trips and a Disney cruise in the next year...so all the savings opportunities I can find are worth it!) Am I overthinking it? I'm working an extra job to pay for the cruise so I'd like to save as much as I can, when I can.

If you have an entire year to work on it I'd start getting some done and saving a bit for the larger discounts via credit cards, groupon and grocery stores. What state do you live? Not sure if you have 4x fuel offers there? That alone would be a great savings.

Glad to see you back on the boards!

It depends. I don't know how much money you need in Disney GCs that you think you would "save hundreds". Looking at the BJ's website, it appears that the $100 Disney GCs for $95.99 (4% savings) are a better deal than the $500 ones for $484.99 (3% savings). Doing the math, you would need to purchase 50 x $100 GCs for $4800 in order to save just $200. Minus out the $10 club membership cost and you're at $190 in savings. You'd do better if you got a Target REDCard and save 5% by buying from Target.

But...
If you have a rewards credit card that offers a nice bonus for shopping at a warehouse (Discover will have 5% cashback Sept. - Dec.), then you've increased your savings by just that much. Plus, Discover will match your cash back on your anniversary for the first year that you have the card. That would make the $5000 in Disney GCs end up costing you $4320 OOP - a savings of $680.

Do you have the option of the Target RedCard (credit or debit)? That's 5% off which beats the BJ's discounts now (best BJ's discount is 4% currently) unless you wait for CC bonus categories and whatnot when you're buying from BJ's. If you plan to do that and it's a big volume then yeah, I'd join for $10.
If it's small amounts and you can wait for bigger discounts then maybe not? What are your other discount opportunities (grocery rewards, credit card offers, bonus spend categories, etc) and how would that compare?

If you have an entire year to work on it I'd start getting some done and saving a bit for the larger discounts via credit cards, groupon and grocery stores. What state do you live? Not sure if you have 4x fuel offers there? That alone would be a great savings.

Glad to see you back on the boards!

Hi @FoxC63 :wave: I’ve been around sporadically as I’ve been working a lot. Since the cruise is a huge amount I’m trying to get gift cards or make a payment each month and pay it off every time I have $1,000 saved for it. (I like to watch the balance shrink and gift card limits...) Plus a few Disney world trips for running this year... We live in the middle of nowhere PA. I know Giant has some fuel points but the closest Giant is about half an hour away and doesn’t have a gas station like others do. We only have a Walmart and local market. I used to love the fuel savings when I lived in Florida.

It depends. I don't know how much money you need in Disney GCs that you think you would "save hundreds". Looking at the BJ's website, it appears that the $100 Disney GCs for $95.99 (4% savings) are a better deal than the $500 ones for $484.99 (3% savings). Doing the math, you would need to purchase 50 x $100 GCs for $4800 in order to save just $200. Minus out the $10 club membership cost and you're at $190 in savings. You'd do better if you got a Target REDCard and save 5% by buying from Target.

But...
If you have a rewards credit card that offers a nice bonus for shopping at a warehouse (Discover will have 5% cashback Sept. - Dec.), then you've increased your savings by just that much. Plus, Discover will match your cash back on your anniversary for the first year that you have the card. That would make the $5000 in Disney GCs end up costing you $4320 OOP - a savings of $680.

I might look in to the Discover card, although we’ve gone pretty credit card free thanks to Dave Ramsey. But we used to have a discover so might be worth looking in to again.

Do you have the option of the Target RedCard (credit or debit)? That's 5% off which beats the BJ's discounts now (best BJ's discount is 4% currently) unless you wait for CC bonus categories and whatnot when you're buying from BJ's. If you plan to do that and it's a big volume then yeah, I'd join for $10.
If it's small amounts and you can wait for bigger discounts then maybe not? What are your other discount opportunities (grocery rewards, credit card offers, bonus spend categories, etc) and how would that compare?

I might look in to the Target Debit Card actually. As I mentioned earlier we’ve shut down most of our ccs due to Financial Peace and paying off debt. We have one “emergency” one in our safe. No nearby grocery stores with rewards programs. The amount overall is pretty hefty since a 7 night Disney cruise for 4 in June is pretty much high season. Plus I have two run trips and a weekend for my birthday at disney. So I’m trying to save where I can. But the divot card might be a good option since I think it just links to your bank account and you still get the savings? Would prefer that to a cc since we worked hard to get out of debt and I don’t want to be tempted to get back in it!

About 2 weeks ago, Target had an issue with Disney GCs (and other GCs) not being activated. Has that been fixed? What about online Disney GCs (at Target)? I was away on vacation, but I need to start collecting some GCs for the next trip. :)

Has anyone done a transaction on a second day and got the 500? Hopefully they haven’t capped this to only be done once.

I'm curious, too. Mine is a bit out of the way, so I don't want to drive there and find out I am already maxed out.

Hi @FoxC63 :wave: I’ve been around sporadically as I’ve been working a lot. Since the cruise is a huge amount I’m trying to get gift cards or make a payment each month and pay it off every time I have $1,000 saved for it. (I like to watch the balance shrink and gift card limits...) Plus a few Disney world trips for running this year... We live in the middle of nowhere PA. I know Giant has some fuel points but the closest Giant is about half an hour away and doesn’t have a gas station like others do. We only have a Walmart and local market. I used to love the fuel savings when I lived in Florida.

I might look in to the Discover card, although we’ve gone pretty credit card free thanks to Dave Ramsey. But we used to have a discover so might be worth looking in to again.

I might look in to the Target Debit Card actually. As I mentioned earlier we’ve shut down most of our ccs due to Financial Peace and paying off debt. We have one “emergency” one in our safe. No nearby grocery stores with rewards programs. The amount overall is pretty hefty since a 7 night Disney cruise for 4 in June is pretty much high season. Plus I have two run trips and a weekend for my birthday at disney. So I’m trying to save where I can. But the divot card might be a good option since I think it just links to your bank account and you still get the savings? Would prefer that to a cc since we worked hard to get out of debt and I don’t want to be tempted to get back in it!

Yes, the Target debit will just pull out of your bank account that you link it to. It's like your normal bank debit card, just you can only use it at Target and it'll save you 5% on each purchase.

I'm in PA too but closer to metro areas :) Acme markets also has a fuel program with Sunoco. Gift cards are 2x fuel points all the time with specials and coupons that pop up for 5-10x. Need 100 pts to save 10 cents a gallon with a cap of $1 off per fill up, up to 25 gallons. I think they're on the east part of the state. They're now part of the Safeway/Albertson's family so you could check the site to see if there's other stores within the family near by. I believe they all have some type of rewards program. Aside from Giant/Martin's and Acme(Safeway) the other one I know in PA is Giant Eagle but that's west, like Pittsburgh area. Not sure how far into nowhere they extend.

I have the Discover card too and it's an easy way to save 10% off in your first year (5% now then doubled on your card anniversary). 4th quarter is going to be Warehouse clubs again, 5% back up to $1500. If you only plan to buy gift cards with it as you have the money, you can buy then pay it off right away and tuck it back into a drawer. It's been easy for us as each quarter this year had opportunities for GC options - Gas and Warehouse clubs (I've got GC's at both), then Grocery stores (Acme and Giant, and another like 6 brands that don't do fuel pts), not so much this quarter with Restaurants, but then Warehouse again last quarter (and amazon but they don't have Disney directly). But again, have to look at the numbers for you and your comfort levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!