Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Discover card too and it's an easy way to save 10% off in your first year (5% now then doubled on your card anniversary). 4th quarter is going to be Warehouse clubs again, 5% back up to $1500. If you only plan to buy gift cards with it as you have the money, you can buy then pay it off right away and tuck it back into a drawer. It's been easy for us as each quarter this year had opportunities for GC options - Gas and Warehouse clubs (I've got GC's at both), then Grocery stores (Acme and Giant, and another like 6 brands that don't do fuel pts), not so much this quarter with Restaurants, but then Warehouse again last quarter (and amazon but they don't have Disney directly). But again, have to look at the numbers for you and your comfort levels.
Just to clarify - it's 5% back on up to $1500 in purchases (IOW up to $75 cash back). Double it for first year card holders then the maximum is $150 back. So, not quite the savings that I projected in my PP unless you have 3 separate, new accounts.

Yes, the Target debit will just pull out of your bank account that you link it to. It's like your normal bank debit card, just you can only use it at Target and it'll save you 5% on each purchase.

I'm in PA too but closer to metro areas :) Acme markets also has a fuel program with Sunoco. Gift cards are 2x fuel points all the time with specials and coupons that pop up for 5-10x. Need 100 pts to save 10 cents a gallon with a cap of $1 off per fill up, up to 25 gallons. I think they're on the east part of the state. They're now part of the Safeway/Albertson's family so you could check the site to see if there's other stores within the family near by. I believe they all have some type of rewards program. Aside from Giant/Martin's and Acme(Safeway) the other one I know in PA is Giant Eagle but that's west, like Pittsburgh area. Not sure how far into nowhere they extend.

I have the Discover card too and it's an easy way to save 10% off in your first year (5% now then doubled on your card anniversary). 4th quarter is going to be Warehouse clubs again, 5% back up to $1500. If you only plan to buy gift cards with it as you have the money, you can buy then pay it off right away and tuck it back into a drawer. It's been easy for us as each quarter this year had opportunities for GC options - Gas and Warehouse clubs (I've got GC's at both), then Grocery stores (Acme and Giant, and another like 6 brands that don't do fuel pts), not so much this quarter with Restaurants, but then Warehouse again last quarter (and amazon but they don't have Disney directly). But again, have to look at the numbers for you and your comfort levels.

I think I'll look in to the Target Debit Card and see about that. I like the idea that it's real money, and not fake money. I know we're not good with CC which is why we try to stay away from them now. We're in central PA, north of Harrisburg. I've not even heard of Acme! Our options are seriously limited where we live. But there is a Weis, Giant and then in Harrisburg there is Wegmans. We have Boyer's locally.

Just checked out at Kroger with a $150 Disney gc. Register crashed once again right after I swiped my $150 visa gift card that I bought at Meijer. Second time this has happened... Anyone else had this happen to them?

AmEx offer for $5 back on $25 or more purchase at buybuyBaby. Exp 9/3/18

I don't have one of those close by, does anyone know if they sell GC's too? If they do that'd be worth a trip.
It's good in store or online.

I was at kohls today and the buy buy baby store was in the same shopping center so I decided to go in and checkeck our their gift card selection. They had a large selection of 25 gift cards including Disney so I grabbed one. I immediately got the confirmation email from American Express. While it’s only 5.00 it is a 20% savings.

I was at kohls today and the buy buy baby store was in the same shopping center so I decided to go in and checkeck our their gift card selection. They had a large selection of 25 gift cards including Disney so I grabbed one. I immediately got the confirmation email from American Express. While it’s only 5.00 it is a 20% savings.

Thanks! That's how I'm looking at it to, 20% is pretty good even if it's a small amount. If you can do it enough times it still adds up :)

Another bomb dropped in this thread. I was going to buy 15 $50 Monday at BB. Glad I stopped by here. Was going to do 3 each per family member. I would’ve lost a lot of money.

What’s the limit on the Prime Day Gift card deals? I know with Lightning deals it’s usually one. I’m hoping for at least 2 so I can sign my parents up for free trials (my sister has one as well) and buy 8 $50 Hotels.com for $300. I have $16 in Amazon gift cards.

Another bomb dropped in this thread. I was going to buy 15 $50 Monday at BB. Glad I stopped by here. Was going to do 3 each per family member. I would’ve lost a lot of money.

What’s the limit on the Prime Day Gift card deals? I know with Lightning deals it’s usually one. I’m hoping for at least 2 so I can sign my parents up for free trials (my sister has one as well) and buy 8 $50 Hotels.com for $300. I have $16 in Amazon gift cards.
Did you see that they're having Hotels.com? Or just assuming based on the past? Just wondering!

Just one per account. If you want multiple enlist help because popular ones go fast. By the time you get to the next account you might miss it. I think I only snagged 2 of the ones I wanted last year. I'm guessing hotels.com would be popular.

Amex Offers now has 2 new offers:

1) $5 back after spending $25 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond by 9/3/18

2) $30 back after spending $300 at Best Buy by 9/17/18. This offer can be stacked with Swagbucks and the $300 does not need to be used at once, so you can do it in increments of $50 per day thru 9/17/18. (As others have noted, it seems like Swagbucks is enforcing the 1 bonus per day rule.)

It also seems like Amex offers are now restricted to 1 per name, so if you have more than 1 Amex card with the same name, you can only get the offer on 1 Amex card. However, if you have authorized user cards with different names, each name can get the offer once.

It also might be worth it to create more than one Swagbucks account if you don't want to run to Best Buy a zillion times - any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

2) $30 back after spending $300 at Best Buy by 9/17/18. This offer can be stacked with Swagbucks and the $300 does not need to be used at once, so you can do it in increments of $50 per day thru 8/17/18. (As others have noted, it seems like Swagbucks is enforcing the 1 bonus per day rule.)

It also seems like Amex offers are now restricted to 1 per name, so if you have more than 1 Amex card with the same name, you can only get the offer on 1 Amex card. However, if you have authorized user cards with different names, each name can get the offer once.

It also might be worth it to create more than one Swagbucks account if you don't want to run to Best Buy a zillion times - any thoughts on that?

Was just coming on here to post this. I'm also curious on my son and daughter using their sb accounts for this offer. There are no Best Buy stores near me (closest is a 45 minutes drive), but we're about to do a 3 day road trip. They are also AU's users on my Amex, with the cards in their own names. So we could do 3 per day per person for 3 days. So that's nine. I wonder if that would put our sb accounts in jeopardy since they rarely use their sb accounts. Not sure whether to think it's risky or not.

As far as starting a second sb account for yourself, that seems risky to me. Don't think I'd try it. But if you could enlist a friend maybe.

Did you see it say one per name somewhere? I added the offers to my card earlier this morning but didn't have a chance to read the fine print.

2) $30 back after spending $300 at Best Buy by 9/17/18. This offer can be stacked with Swagbucks and the $300 does not need to be used at once, so you can do it in increments of $50 per day thru 9/17/18. (As others have noted, it seems like Swagbucks is enforcing the 1 bonus per day rule.)

Thanks! Only one of our 4 cards had the BBB offer but two cards have the BB offer. I wonder if my BBB has $25 Disney GCs? I'll have to check it out.

Did you see it say one per name somewhere? I added the offers to my card earlier this morning but didn't have a chance to read the fine print.

It's not anything in the fine print, I believe that still says "per account" but there's reports of it happening when trying to add the offer to different accounts with the same name. So login1 with Jane Doe and login2 with Jane Doe, both can see the offer but when added to one (or both) the offer disappears on one of the logins. Developing DP's at DoC : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/

ETA: Here's a good comment thread from the post : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/#comment-615503

I think I did screw myself this morning then as I was lazy and I added the offers I wanted to my Everyday card from the mobile app, then I signed in with my Biz account to check there and didn't see the same ones. It's possible I wasn't targeted on the biz card but now I'm not sure.

Last edited:
It's not anything in the fine print, I believe that still says "per account" but there's reports of it happening when trying to add the offer to different accounts with the same name. So login1 with Jane Doe and login2 with Jane Doe, both can see the offer but when added to one (or both) the offer disappears on one of the logins. Developing DP's at DoC : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/

ETA: Here's a good comment thread from the post : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/#comment-615503

I think I did screw myself this morning then as I was lazy and I added the offers I wanted to my Everyday card from the mobile app, then I signed in with my Biz account to check there and didn't see the same ones. It's possible I wasn't targeted on the biz card but now I'm not sure.
Interesting... I have my biz and personal under one login, and DHs biz personal, and employee card under one. I added all offers to all cards with multiple tabs this morning, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Just double checking because I'm having a brain cramp. We can't use the SB deal at Best Buy online to buy Disney GC's, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter