Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt had a problem at a Sam's in the Houston area this week. They told her she could only purchase two packs of the $75's with a credit card. They said it was a hard limit. She's been buying Disney GC's from Sam's for years and never had them tell her anything like that.

So strange...I plan to go to Sam's tomorrow to purchase some items along with a Sam's gift card. I will report back.

Looks like the Target add this week has if you buy 2 $25 Happy cards you get a $5 Target card. The ad only shows Happy food cards so I'm not sure if they have any Kids, Lady, etc, but it might be worth checking out if you need them and have something else you could use the $5 Target card on.

So this is weird, I just left Sams Club and they told me I couldn’t purchase gift cards with a credit card. She said it had to be a debit card. I talked to two managers. Anyone else have this problem?
So the last time I tried buying cc at Sams the same thing happened to me. I wanted to buy the variable Amex card and wanted it for the full $500 because I was going to use it 5 times at Best Buy to maximize my SB.....anyway, the cashier tried putting it through twice as credit. Kept rejecting it. So instead I just bought disney gift cards and it went through fine. I just assumed it was because I was trying to buy another cc with my cc. Now I wonder! Of course I just went to Sam's on FRIDAY and spent a couple hundred on groceries. I'll go today after work and try getting some more cards.

Looks like the Target add this week has if you buy 2 $25 Happy cards you get a $5 Target card. The ad only shows Happy food cards so I'm not sure if they have any Kids, Lady, etc, but it might be worth checking out if you need them and have something else you could use the $5 Target card on.

do you get a red card discount on these?

I just looked at Target online to see all they had and I think they've added more cards but I did not see any "Happy" so this must be B&M only. I knew they offered 5% savings on Disney but not on these...

upload_2018-12-16_12-4-27.png

In case you cannot see the lower half is states:
**Restrictions apply. REDcard 5% savings excludes: Target GiftCards, Stockpile & Gift of College cards; Visa, Mastercard, American Express Prepaid & gift cards.

Link: https://www.target.com/c/GiftCards/-/N-5xsxu#?lnk=snav_rd_giftcard

I just looked at Target online to see all they had and I think they've added more cards but I did not see any "Happy" so this must be B&M only. I knew they offered 5% savings on Disney but not on these...

View attachment 370129

In case you cannot see the lower half is states:
**Restrictions apply. REDcard 5% savings excludes: Target GiftCards, Stockpile & Gift of College cards; Visa, Mastercard, American Express Prepaid & gift cards.

Link: https://www.target.com/c/GiftCards/-/N-5xsxu#?lnk=snav_rd_giftcard
In store I only found one happy gift card. Looked in two places. It was a happy dining card.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the discount with the red card. I can't make it out to my target today either. Hubby's working on the car and I'm trying to finish up what we need to do before we take off for our trip on Tuesday.

Thank you for saving me the trip! I was going to brave the crowds in my local store looking for the Happy Gift Cards, but I don't think it's worth it!
It's probably store dependent, I know my stores have a couple different Happy cards but I haven't stopped to see exactly what yet. Again this year for the holidays at least one of my stores doubled down on GCs and added a wall of GCs by the registers, where the trading cards were. Half the aisle is GCs now, plus they have a 4 side display rack in the main aisle in front of the registers, in addition to the regular places. I saw the Happy cards in both places. My stores sell Lowe's GCs normally so I wonder if they may have the Happy Guy card, I'll have to check now.

Anyone with additional Sam’s Club data points re: credit card purchase limits? Trying to figure if it’s worth the drive. (Nearest is abt 40 mins away)

Here's a silly question... if I want to buy a Sam's GC, do I just do that at customer service? Or can I get one at a register as I check out with my items?

Sorry, I'm not sure about the discount with the red card. I can't make it out to my target today either. Hubby's working on the car and I'm trying to finish up what we need to do before we take off for our trip on Tuesday.

Oh, forget that!!! Have an AWESOME trip! party:

Anyone with additional Sam’s Club data points re: credit card purchase limits? Trying to figure if it’s worth the drive. (Nearest is abt 40 mins away)

Yes i went today and got $100 in groceries and another $150 in Sam's gift cards. Used my Dosh linked Disney Visa credit card. Had no issue at checkout. Got the dosh pending notification right away. I dont think i got the Uber local visa credit this time. If I did it was only 1% or so and not 5% like the past.

Anyone know how long it takes to move from pending to available?

Stop and shop has Happy cards for 10x gas points. To fill my 15 gallon tank at the $1.50 per fill max and 4x MR via AMEX gold I’m at about 18%. Any type of Happy and you can get it in a large value (I got one $300 card).

Yesterday I had trouble at a Sams purchasing Disney gift cards with a credit card. Today I went to a different Sams and had no problem buying 3 of the 3 pack of $25 Santa Mickey cards. Dosh posted pending right away. So I guess each store makes its own policies. I hope it works for you.

Stop and shop has Happy cards for 10x gas points. To fill my 15 gallon tank at the $1.50 per fill max and 4x MR via AMEX gold I’m at about 18%. Any type of Happy and you can get it in a large value (I got one $300 card).

I can never find these "happy" gift cards at the local grocery store. They (Vons) have a Just4U deal on the Happy cards but I go there and there is no spot for them (no missing cards, nothing). It's like UGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter