Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BB 15% purchase of Disney GC is pending in RMN. Hope it sticks! @wendow , is yours pending yet?
I hope it sticks too. I keep having these nice amounts go pending and then they're dropping off. Ibotta was always almost 100% guarantee for me buying gcs from Sam's but last two have disappeared shortly before they should post.

I'm so frustrated with BB -- 2 of the GCs I bought weren't activated. Over 40 minutes on hold and STILL not activated, then being told there were activated, only to call the 1-800 number to verify (before I disconnected the call) and they STILL aren't activated. They said there's nothing further they can do, so they are going to re-send the GCs. Sometimes I question if the savings are worth the frustration (in each batch of BB orders I usually get at least 1 card that's not activated; last order with Staples 1 GC wasn't activated and I'm still waiting for the refund on my cc). Just needed to vent!

Does TopCashBack ever work if you buy gift cards? I know the terms say excluded, but does their system ever often allow them anyway?

I'm so frustrated with BB -- 2 of the GCs I bought weren't activated. Over 40 minutes on hold and STILL not activated, then being told there were activated, only to call the 1-800 number to verify (before I disconnected the call) and they STILL aren't activated. They said there's nothing further they can do, so they are going to re-send the GCs. Sometimes I question if the savings are worth the frustration (in each batch of BB orders I usually get at least 1 card that's not activated; last order with Staples 1 GC wasn't activated and I'm still waiting for the refund on my cc). Just needed to vent!
That stinks. It happened to me before with Sam's when I bought Steam GCs. Good thing one of them was for my DS or I would not have known the others that I purchased to use as gifts weren't activated either. It was a major pain to get Sam's to fix it and the only way to check them afterward was to add them to a Steam account which meant I could no longer use them as gifts. I don't know why they can't send the little activation slips like Amazon does that clearly show the cards have been activated.

My local ad says 11/17 too.

I have to go back anyway, my hubby saw a "Holiday" garden gnome he liked in the Christmas section at Kroger's. I thought it was ugly :laughing: ... it just looked too cheesy, cheap and the paint job was terrible! But he REALLY liked it. :rotfl: So yes of course I'm going to buy it for him ... unless it's sold out! There was only one left, so my odds are good 50/50 right?! :rotfl2: I'm gonna wrap it up and wish my man a Merry Christmas! :drive:

I have to go back anyway, my hubby saw a "Holiday" garden gnome he liked in the Christmas section at Kroger's. I thought it was ugly :laughing: ... it just looked too cheesy, cheap and the paint job was terrible! But he REALLY liked it. :rotfl: So yes of course I'm going to buy it for him ... unless it's sold out! There was only one left, so my odds are good 50/50 right?! :rotfl2: I'm gonna wrap it up and wish my man a Merry Christmas! :drive:

Every time I hear of gnomes, I think of Gerald from The Full Monty. This says a lot about me . . . :rotfl2:

That stinks. It happened to me before with Sam's when I bought Steam GCs. Good thing one of them was for my DS or I would not have known the others that I purchased to use as gifts weren't activated either. It was a major pain to get Sam's to fix it and the only way to check them afterward was to add them to a Steam account which meant I could no longer use them as gifts. I don't know why they can't send the little activation slips like Amazon does that clearly show the cards have been activated.
I sent my brother a Chili's GC (that I purchased from BJs on BF 2018) for his birthday in September. He went to use it last month and it wasn't activated o_O. I called BJs and after being transferred to a few different departments, they were able to activate it. Now when I order GCs online I call to verify that they were activated as soon as I open the envelope. I hope the GCs I gave to my dd's teachers last year were activated (Dunkin' Donuts, purchased online from BJs).

I agree that activation slips should be sent with GCs purchased online so if there is a problem the gift recipient can call.

:santa: And here he is...

On sale for $59. It looks like he has one eye! :laughing: If it makes my man happy I support him 100%! ::yes:: I really want to make him 2 - Air Force shadow boxes when he was enlisted and later became an officer. Something simple like this...

I have no clue where he stored his uniforms, medals etc. let alone how he would like it to look.

Boy the pickings are slim at my Michael's these days. no DGCs. I'll hit up a different one to use my Chase Offers, but I'm a little concerned. Michael's has been pretty consistent on the Chase Offers every couple of months. They barely had anything. Lots of Subway! (No thanks.)

Anyone know of "Department" or "Clothing" stores that sell DGC's?

Our Citi Sears card has 10% cash back at those stores this quarter.

We have checked Macy's, Boscov's and JC Penney but none had them. Any other ideas?

I've seen Disney gift cards at Old Navy.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to check mine!

I tried to e-mail the BJ’s reps who have previously contacted me about additional discounts on high volume Disney gift card purchases. They still haven’t gotten back to me. Those that had gotten responses recently, could you send me who responded to you? Might try e-mailing that person directly. I know the 22nd isn’t that far away, but I’d like to order a large qty before then if possible. I’m assuming 6% is probably the best discount around for a large purchase? I don’t have time to buy small amounts as we need to pay off a cruise in a few weeks.
You could try calling them instead - Here's the last phone #'s I had for the two guys in charge of this: Brian Lockhart - 1-774-512-6348 Bryant Sullivan - 1-774-512-5928

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter